From:
Tanya Beelders <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tanya Beelders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:18:47 +0000
The second International Eye Tracking South Africa Conference (ETSA) will be held in Stellenbosch, near Cape Town, in South Africa from 5-7 October 2016.
The conference will include poster sessions, presentations of short papers (3-4 pages) and full papers (8-10 pages).  It will be organised around several tracks and sessions to accommodate delegates with various interests.  Besides the academic presentations, we also welcome industry to present their products and services in non-academic workshops and demonstrations.  In this context "industry" does not refer to manufacturers of eye trackers only but also to users thereof, for example market researchers, usability analysts, graphic designers, educators, radiographers, occupational and speech therapists, people with physical disabilities, cognitive psychologists, neurologists, ophthalmologists, etc. We therefore invite the submission of case studies and proposals in these areas.
ETSA 2016 is currently in the process of applying for in-cooperation with SIGCHI and publication in the ACM digital library.
Please see www.eyetrackingsa.com<http://www.eyetrackingsa.com> for more details.

Keynote speaker
ETSA 2016 has secured Prof Benjamin Tatler as a keynote speaker.  Prof Tatler's Active Vision Lab studies how vision is used to provide the information we need to complete our activities of everyday life.  Two key questions if we are to understand how vision supports behaviour are where we look and what we encode and retain from the places that we look at. A particular emphasis in his lab is the importance of studying vision in the context of natural behaviour in real environments, rather than exclusively in laboratory settings. Ben Tatler obtained an undergraduate degree in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University in 1998, and a PhD from the University of Sussex in 2002, under the supervision of Professor Mike Land FRS. After staying with Mike Land for his postdoc, Ben took up a lectureship in Psychology at the University of Dundee in 2004, where he stayed for the next 11 years. In 2015, Ben was appointed to a chair in Psychology at the University of Aberdeen.

[UFS Logo]

Tanya Beelders
Associate Professor: Computer Science and Informatics
Medeprofessor: Rekenaarwetenskap en Informatika
Faculty / Fakulteit: Natural and Agricultural Sciences / Natuur- en Landbouwetenskappe
PO Box / Posbus 339, Bloemfontein 9300, Republic of South Africa / Republiek van Suid-Afrika
[http://apps.ufs.ac.za/emailsignature/siteimages/icon_tel.jpg] 051 4019320
[http://apps.ufs.ac.za/emailsignature/siteimages/icon_cel.jpg] 27827508016
[http://apps.ufs.ac.za/emailsignature/siteimages/icon_mail.jpg] [log in to unmask]
[http://apps.ufs.ac.za/emailsignature/siteimages/icon_facebook.png]<http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/University-of-the-Free-State/175257709184139> [http://apps.ufs.ac.za/emailsignature/siteimages/icon_twitter.png] <http://twitter.com/#!/UFSweb>  [http://apps.ufs.ac.za/emailsignature/siteimages/icon_youtube.png] <http://www.youtube.com/UFSWeb>

[http://apps.ufs.ac.za/emailsignature/siteimages/inspire.jpg]

[http://apps.ufs.ac.za/emailsignature/siteimages/inspireer.jpg]

University of the Free State: This message and its contents are subject to a disclaimer.

Please refer to  http://www.ufs.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.

Universiteit van die Vrystaat:

Hierdie boodskap en sy inhoud is aan 'n vrywaringsklousule onderhewig.

Volledige besonderhede is by http://www.ufs.ac.za/vrywaring  beskikbaar.