From:
John Apa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 09:42:04 -0600
I also hate taking a troll, but I refuse to let the NRA's position to be
misconstrued. It is already illegal for kids to own guns or bring them to
school. The issue is whether parents who can legally carry may do so on
school grounds. i.e. parent teacher conferences, picking up kids etc.
Juvenile and serious crime are both dropping through the floor, yet no one
cares about that. In states with low crime, many people carry. Is it right
to punish those who go through the paperwork to be legal? I think not.
Besides, kids are being suspended for shooting rubber bands. That's just
stupid. But with an estimated 40% on rydaline, they can't even be held
accountable for their actions.

If the rules aren't enforced, be it gun laws or voting procedures, then we
as a nation have allowed anarchy through our micro-management of
non-problems. We should pass a law making killing illegal, and then watch
what happens. The courts and media will not prosecute because "everyone's
been traumatized enough!" A direct quote regarding the use of CA's "child
reckless access to guns law" on the books for almost 10 years and never
used, not once.

Make churchs and schools 100% gun free, just like the drug free zones right?
That way the violence will be centered on those areas. When was the last
time someone shot up a police station or military base? Hmmm...

That's it from me, if anyone would like to discuss anything outside the
group feel free to email me directly, not in the group.