From:
Bill Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:28:24 -0700
Last time, on Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Michael Feldman wrote:

> My problem with Software "Engineering" is that - unlike all other
> more traditional engineering disciplines - it has no generally agreed
> definition, no recognized curriculum accreditation (at least in the US),
> no licensing process, no nothing. [..rest deleted..]

This is a temporary situation; ABET is actively working on accrediting
software engineering in the U.S., they are currently waiting on a
report to come back from IEEE.

See the July 1997 issue of "The Institute" for details.

Bill

--
"We should keep in mind that a program is worthless unless it
exists in some form in which a human can understand it and gain