From:
Ed Falis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:54:24 -0500
My favorite Java book so far is "Thinking in Java" by Bruce Eckel.   It does
a great job of motivating the material it presents.  You can download a
working version of it from http://www.EckelObjects.com/.

By the way, our web site has a download of a JDK 1.1 binding, as well as an
improved java2ada binding generator (this last for windows only).

We will also be putting up a binding to Marimba's Castanet and Bongo classes
in the near future.  The former is for writing applications that can be
incrementally downloaded to a local disk, so it supports very large JVM
applications with reduced load time.  The latter is a nice GUI builder - the
binding presents the GUI and widget manipulation routines.

http://www.aonix.com/

For OA 7.1 we're hoping to have a full JNI binding available to facilitiate
development of Ada applications that communicate between native code and JVM
code.

- Ed Falis
Aonix