From:
Dirk Craeynest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dirk Craeynest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 21:33:33 +0200
Recently, there was a discussion on the Ada-Belgium members' mailing
list about the possibility of organizing an Ada event at FOSDEM 2005
in Brussels (Sat-Sun 26-27 February 2005, www.fosdem.org).

FOSDEM is the "Free and Open Source Software Developers' European
Meeting" held annually in Brussels; the 4th edition attracted some
2000 participants earlier this year.

I'm pleased to announce that to coordinate among potential speakers
and attendants, an AdaFosdem mailing list has been created.  Several
relevant pre-list postings have been included in the list's archives.

We hereby invite everyone interested in an Ada event at FOSDEM 2005
to subscribe (*) to the AdaFosdem mailing list in order to contribute
ideas and suggestions.  We recommend new subscribers to browse the
archives for September and to offer comments.

To subscribe and to consult the list archives, use URL
  http://listserv.cc.kuleuven.ac.be/archives/adafosdem.html

To post to the list (after subscribing), send e-mail to

Looking forward to see much activity on the new list,

Ludovic Brenta                     Dirk Craeynest
Ada at FOSDEM coordinator          Ada-Belgium & AdaFosdem list owner
[log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]

(*) AdaFosdem is an open mailing list (anyone can subscribe), though
    subscriptions have to be confirmed by e-mail (to avoid spammers
    subscribing).  The list is not moderated, though only subscribers
    can post (again to reduce the risk of spamming).  We hope this
    setup will be a good compromise between high availability of the
    list and low spam risk.