TEAM-ADA  August 2000

TEAM-ADA August 2000

Re: Ada Letters Dead Lines (was Re: aJile's Java chip (was Re:

"Carlisle, Martin, Dr, DFCS" <[log in to unmask]>

Carlisle, Martin, Dr, DFCS

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:01:57 -0600

Let me begin by apologizing for the omission of AdaPower from the reusable
components article.  Rest assured this was not intended as a deliberate
omission, and, in retrospect, it is an embarrassing oversight.  I did review
the article, and I suggested changing/deleting some links I knew to be
incorrect, but didn't go to the effort of checking all of them.  Trudy
Levine has been a regular contributor of a reusable software components
article for some time, and I am sure would welcome any suggestions of sites
to pass along to Ada Letters readers.

Additionally, Pat Rogers (our Technical Editor) and I do occasionally post
to team-ada, comp.lang.ada, etc. requesting submissions (I don't think those
posts have ever resulted in a submission, but I might be mistaken).  Ada
Letters is published 4 times a year.  I took over as editor this year, and
have been trying to get the publication back on schedule.  The June issue
was sent to ACM in June, and the September issue will be sent to ACM in
September.

Right now I am holding publication of this issue awaiting what I believe
will be a very interesting article on the use of Ada to program Lego
Mindstorms robots in a freshman course.  If you (or anyone else) thinks they
could put together a submission in the next couple of weeks, we'll certainly
consider it.  I would think an article describing what resources are
available at AdaPower would be of interest to our readers.

After this, the December issue will be the proceedings of SIGAda 2000 (which
should put me back on schedule), and then we'll return to the regular
deadlines you see printed on p. 3 of Ada Letters (31 Dec, 31 March, 30 June,
30 Sept).  If, however, you have something of timely interest, you can
always contact me directly about when I'm actually going to prepare the
printer ready document.

Submissions should be submitted electronically to [log in to unmask] in
MS-Word (preferred), Adobe Acrobat, or postscript, formatted for 8.5"x11"
paper (US Letter) with 1" margins on each side and no page numbers (I add
them).  As noted on p. 5, you can send info on reusable components to Trudy
Levine, [log in to unmask], for inclusion in the next column.

Since I'm a professor, I'm not always up on industry developments, and I no
longer track comp.lang.ada.  I do subscribe to team-ada.  So, I certainly
appreciate any help and insights I get from others.

--Martin

----
Martin C. Carlisle, PhD
Assistant Professor of Computer Science