Re: Sucky software; GPL; QDI

"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>

Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:14:13 -0800

From: Bob Leif
To: Nick Roberts et al.
Please, no Smalltalk! 1) Ada syntax can provide a one to one correspondence
with the usual content of pull-down menus. Alsys' AdaWorld demonstrated the
Ada syntax was sufficient for a macro language. The only other acceptable
syntax is XML, since it is a good basis for the next generation of GUIs.

Concerning the GPL, I think that there is a very simple compromise that
would keep us entrepreneurs content. Offer the option of a reasonable
royalty paying license as an addition. If your user desires GPL and wishes
to follow GPL, fine. If another user wants a more conventional license,
include that opportunity. However, both options should be standardized and
provided prior to a developer incorporating the software.