Re: Future with Ada

"Kester, Rush W." <[log in to unmask]>

Kester, Rush W.

Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:30:00 -0500

IMO, It more important to communicate that there is Ada work and
where it is.  Those who post job announcements elsewhere are in many
cases simply ignorant of the specialized Ada job sites.  Had they
known, they may very well have posted at Ada IC or GWU's
(for ACM SIGAda) Ada job sites.

It's a matter of advertising.  Monster, HotJobs, etc. spend
much more time and money advertising their presence than does
the Ada community.  Please don't let criticizm or concern for
whether the original poster "would have" stop you.  I wouldn't
waste my time even checking.  The job poster wants their job
filled.  They don't care how the job seeker finds out.

My vote, Ann and Randy, is to keep up the good work.  I would like
to see others when they see Ada jobs posted on other forums or
by other means to post them on Team-Ada, the Ada IC, AND the GWU
Job site.  THEY SHOULD BE BROADCAST ON ALL AVAILABLE CHANNELS!!!!
In this way people will know what the true Ada job market
is like, not just the subset they see/hear about through typical
channels.

Rush Kester
Charter member Team-Ada

THANKS FOR MODERATING THE POSTINGS!  :-)