FW: I-Logix Launches Rhapsody in Ada

"Kester, Rush W." <[log in to unmask]>

Kester, Rush W.

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:49:08 -0500

This came off my AOL news feed.

Rush Kester
charter member Team-Ada
Software Systems Engineer
AdaSoft
8750-9 Cherry Ln
Laurel, MD 20707-6208 USA
Corp Offices: 301-725-7014
voice: 301-725-7014
fax:   301-725-0980
email: [log in to unmask]
I-Logix Launches Rhapsody in Ada; UML-Compliant Visual Development Platform
For Ada Speeds Development of Embedded Military/Aerospace Applications

NURNBERG, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 19, 2002--Embedded Systems--I-Logix
Inc., the premier provider of enterprise solutions for embedded applications
development, has launched Rhapsody(R) in Ada(R), the latest member of
I-Logix' award-winning Rhapsody product family and the first visual
application development platform for Ada programmers based on the standard
Unified Modeling Language(TM) (UML(TM)).

Designed and optimized for the development of embedded applications in the
military, aerospace and transportation industries where the Ada language is
used extensively, Rhapsody in Ada generates fully traceable and customizable
production quality code that is readily deployable. I-Logix is working with
leading military and aerospace suppliers to streamline the integration of
Rhapsody in Ada into the development process for mission critical real-time
embedded applications. Rhapsody in Ada enables programmers to work quickly,
easily and efficiently in a visual environment that has been fine-tuned to
their needs. By shifting the focus of work from coding and debugging to
design, increasing the opportunity for design re-use, and simplifying
communication among design team members, Rhapsody in Ada can save over 30%
in development cycle time and dramatically improve time-to-market for
delivering real-time embedded applications targeting the Ada language.

Rhapsody in Ada employs a standard UML modeling environment that is well
understood by the real-time embedded software engineering community, but
unlike developers using other languages, Ada programmers need a high level
of code customization flexibility in order to deal with conformance
requirements such as safety, verification and certification issues. Rhapsody
in Ada has been architected to enable end-users to customize the style of
the generated Ada code. This enables them to conform with the often strict
and well-defined development standards associated with military and
aerospace applications.

Through full integration with DOORS(TM), Rhapsody in Ada also addresses the
important issue of requirements traceability that the size and complexity of
Ada software development projects invariably present. DOORS provides the
ability to describe system functionality in a textual format and integration
with Rhapsody in Ada ensures that, at any point in the design cycle, the
requirements can be traced directly into the UML design models and
ultimately into the source code.

Rhapsody is a visual application development platform designed to meet the
challenges of real-time embedded software development. It allows real-time
embedded software engineers to analyze, design, implement, and test
UML-based applications graphically. Production-quality code is automatically
generated as the design evolves and graphical animation allows design
diagrams on the development host to be debugged before testing the software
on the target. This capability enables reuse at the design level and
compresses the overall development cycle. Rhapsody has an open architecture
that enables interfacing to leading requirements traceability, configuration
management, and testing tools. Rhapsody in Ada can also import system models
from the I-Logix Statemate MAGNUM(TM) system design solution. In addition,
Rhapsody includes an adaptable real-time framework that enables target code
deployment to virtually any Real-Time Operating System (RTOS).

Commenting on the launch of Rhapsody in Ada, Neeraj Chandra, Senior VP of
Marketing & Corporate Development said: "Our decision to develop an Ada
version of Rhapsody has been driven entirely by customers who want an
easier, friendlier and quicker way to generate Ada code and manage their Ada
projects. In short Ada developers have been crying out for Rhapsody. By
delivering Rhapsody in Ada we are the first in the industry to provide them
with a production quality code generation strategy from standard UML."

About I-Logix:

Founded in 1987, I-Logix is a pre-IPO software company that provides
enterprise solutions for real-time embedded applications development in the
growing pervasive computing market. I-Logix` solutions significantly
compress systems and software development cycles while improving product
quality. These products allow engineers to graphically model the behavior
and functionality of their embedded systems, analyze and validate the system
and automatically generate production quality code in a variety of
languages. I-Logix uniquely integrates and associates the entire design flow
from concept to code across an enterprise using both conventional and
collaborative Web-enabled technology.

I-Logix is a member of the Object Management Group(TM) (OMG(TM)), the
Bluetooth SIG, the International Council of Systems Engineers (INCOSE), a
founding member of the Embedded Linux Consortium and a co-author of the
Unified Modeling Language(TM) (UML(TM)). I-Logix is backed by Phillips
Ventures BV, Needham Capital Partners, ABS Ventures, Commonwealth Capital
Ventures, Gilde Investments, One Liberty Ventures and North Bridge Venture
Partners. The company is headquartered in Andover, Mass., and has sales
offices and distributors throughout the USA, Europe and the Far East.
I-Logix can be found on the Internet at http://www.ilogix.com.

Rhapsody and Statemate are registered trademarks of I-Logix Inc. Rhapsody in
MicroC, Statemate MAGNUM and ROPES are trademarks of I-Logix Inc. OMG marks
and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks, service marks and/or
certification marks of Object Management Group, Inc. registered in the
United States. Ada is a registered trademark of the US Government.

CONTACT:  I-Logix Inc. Carrie Kirby, (978) 682-2100 [log in to unmask]

KEYWORD: INTERNATIONAL EUROPE GERMANY

BW2182  FEB 19,2002 5:06 PACIFIC  8:06  EASTERN