TEAM-ADA  February 2002

TEAM-ADA February 2002

Re: EuroSPI 2002 Call For Papers

"Dr. Richard Messnarz" <[log in to unmask]>

Dr. Richard Messnarz

Wed, 6 Feb 2002 22:24:07 +0100

TEXT/PLAIN

If you want to be deleted from the mailing list, send an
"unsubscribe" note to [log in to unmask] Thanks.
--------

*****************         EuroSPI ' 2002 Conference            ***************
**                 European Software Process Improvement                    **
**       Theme 2002: Process Improvement, Methodologies, Technologies,      **
**                     Cultural Factors and Knowledge                       **
*****************            www.eurospi.net                   ***************

     18. - 20. September 2002, Georg Simon Ohm FH, Nuremberg, Germany

                              ###################
                              # CALL FOR PAPERS #
                              ###################

Who is EuroSPI ?
--------------

EuroSPI conferences present and discuss practical results from improvement
projects in industry, focussing on the benefits gained and the criteria
for success. Leading European industry are contributing to and
participating in this event. This year's event is the 9th of a series of
conferences to which countries across Europe and from the rest of the
world contributed their lessons learned and shared their knowledge to
reach the next higher level of software management professionalism.

EuroSPI is managed by a group of large Scandinavian research centres
(www.sintef.no, www.delta.dk, www.sttf.fi, www.dsv.se), Europe's largest
research company QinetIQ (www.qinetiq.com), a large software quality
association in Germany (www.asqf.de), and coordinated by a Europe
based networking organisation (www.iscn.ie).
EuroSPI cooperates with the software division of the American Society
for Quality in exchanging knowledge and transfer of know-how between
Europe and the U.S. concerning Software Process Improvement.

What are the topics ?
-------------------

* Assessment Methodologies
* Learning  Organizations
* Measurement
* Experience Reports
* SPI in different Process Areas
* Cultural Factors
* SPI and Business Strategies
* Improvement Planning
* Innovation Management
* Goal Analysis and  Improvement
* SPI in different Industry Branches
* SPI Networks and Systems
* Research in SPI

Who are the audience ?
--------------------

* Quality  Manager
* Project Manager
* Business Manager
* Improvement Manager
* Innovation Manager
* Researcher
* Experienced Practitioner

How to Contribute a Paper ?
-------------------------

Presentations will be from leading companies and experts in
the field. Full papers  of approx. 10 A4 pages  should be submitted
with the upload function  at the conference web site no later
than  15.3.2002. Detailed typing instructions can be found at
the website www.eurospi.net under Submission Procedures.
European projects disseminating process improvement, e-working
and e-knowledge related results are also encouraged to participate.

Joint EuroSPI and Conquest Conference Event

In 2002 EuroSPI and Conquest (www.asqf.de/deu/conquest/2002/)
organisations join forces to organise a two-conference event.
EuroSPI will select high quality European and international
experience from industry and academia and contribute to two out
of the joint conferences four  streams.

Tutorials and Workshops
-----------------------

In conjunction with this conference there will be a mini-seminars and
workshop day dealing with practical issues of Software Process
Improvement.
Workshop leaders will be recognised experts in the field. The workshops
cover
the following topics:

* Business and Goal Based SPI
* Cost Benefit Analysis
* Root Cause Analysis
* GQM  workshop
* Data Analysis
* Assessment Methodologies
* SPI in Innovation Management
* Teamwork Based SPI

If you plan to hold a tutorial at the conference please submit a tutorial
description including target group, tutorial outline and content, and CV
of the
tutor to [log in to unmask] no later than 15.3.2002.

Programme Committee
-------------------

* Micheal Mac an Airchinnigh, Trinity College & ISCN, IRL
* Gualtiero Bazzana, Onion Technologies, It
* Miklos Biro, Sztaki, HU
* Mads Christiansen, Delta, DK
* Howard Duncan, Dublin City University, IRL
* Taz Daughtrey, Chief Editor of the Software Quality Professional
  Magazine, USA
* John Elliott, QinetIQ, UK
* Tim Hind, AXA-Sunlife UK
* Bernd Hindel, ASQF, D
* Theresa Hunt, Programs Chair of the ASQ Software Division, USA
* Jorn Johansen, Delta, DK
* Carsten Jorgensen, Delta, DK
* Karl Heinz Kautz, Copenhagen Business School, DK
* Patricia McQuaid, Americas Program Committee Chair for the Second (2000)
  and Third (2005) World Congresses on Software Quality, USA
* Nils Brede Moe, Sintef, No
* Messnarz Richard, ISCN IRL & ISCN A
* Risto Nevalainen, STTF, Fin
* Carsten Nkleby, Grundfos A/S
* Poul Grav Petersen, Novo A/S
* Dag Sjoberg, University of Oslo, No
* Terttu Orci, Royal Inst. of Technology & Stockholm University, S
* Tor Stalhane, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, No
* David Teague, British Telecom, UK
* Timo Varkoi, Pori School of Technology, Fin
* Yingxu Wang, University of Calgary, Canada

Sponsors
--------

Sponsoring options can be discussed, please contact the EuroSPI
coordinating office (see below).
For details about sponsoring please connect to our web site
www.eurospi.net
and follow the button "Sponsor Info".

Exhibitors
----------

Contact the co-ordination office directly to find out exhibition options,
or connect to our web site www.eurospi.net under "Exhibitor Info".

This years conference will add the attendees of both conference series,
Conquest and EuroSPI, together and will lead to an event with expected 400
attendees from above 20 different countries.

Local Organisation
------------------

This year's conference is hosted by the Georg Simon Ohm FH,
and is organised together with the ASQF as the local
organiser in Nuremberg.

EuroSPI Secretariat
-------------------

EuroSPI 2002 Secretariat: c/o ISCN coordination office, Florence House,
1 Florence Villas, Bray, Co. Wicklow, Ireland, Tel. 00353 1 2050020,
00353 1 205 0021, http://www.eurospi.net

| Dr techn. DI Richard Messnarz        |
| Director, ISCN                       |
| EuroSPI Consortium Board Member      |
| ISCN Regionalstelle Graz             |
| Entwicklungsbuero                    |
| Schieszstattgasse 4/24               |
| A-8010 Graz, Austria                 |
| Tel. +43 316 811198                  |
| Fax. +43 316 811312                  |
| Mob. +43 664 210 6416                |
| ISCN Koordinationsbuero              |
| ISCN LTD, Bray, Ireland              |
| Florence House, 1 Florence Villas    |
| Tel. +353 1 205 0020                 |
| Fax. +353 1 205 0021                 |
| Mob. +353 87 231 5465                |
| http://www.iscn.ie                   |