Ada Reviewers for SAC'98 Sought

Hal Hart <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 May 1997 13:16:34 -0700

 The Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC) is a strategic liaison
(including financial co-sponsorship) SIGAda has made the past 3 years
and is continuing for 1998.  We need to get more visibility in any
arena like this that emphasizes "APPLICATIONS."  K.M. George is the
Chairperson of SAC'98 after serving in varying other capacities
such as Program Committee Chair in past years.

First, I encourage Ada community submissions.  The CFP is appended below.
You have plenty of time to submit (due Aug. 15).

Secondly, plz see below the request from the new head of the Ada (&
S/W Eng.) track, Hisham (AL) Haddad, for a small number of reviewers
to assist him in evaluating submissions.  Plz reply directly to AL (&
myself & KM, meaning exactly the 3 cc's on this msg, so we know that
SIGAda is answering this call).  NORM - can you plz forward this msg
to your TA97 PC or at least those you know are not in either the
sigada-interest or Team_Ada email lists?

(I said "a SMALL number of reviewers" above because SAC has not be
flooded with Ada submission in the past.  Can we change this?  :-)

        -- Hal

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:33:40 -0500 (EST)
From: "Hisham (AL) Haddad" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SAC98 Ada and Software Engineering Track
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello Hal,

As KM told you, I have agreed (forced!!) to chair the Ada and Software
Engineering Track for SAC'98. I have been charing the programming languages
track for few years. This year I'll also chair rge Ada and SE track.

Since this my first year for this track and the previous track chair did not
keep lists of reviewers, I need help in identifying reviewers in the
are. I have already found co-track chair, form Italy, who will help me
in that part of the world.

I have prepared Track CFP, attached for your review, and I will post it
on my home page once it is finalized. Please let me know your feedback
of the CFP. Once done, I'll let you know if you wish link it to SIGADA
home page.

Please feel free to modify it in any way.

Regards
Hisham Haddad

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              CALL FOR PAPERS

             SAC'98 - 1998 ACM SYMPOSIUM ON APPLIED COMPUTING
              Special Track on Ada and Software Engineering

                        February 27 - March 1, 1998
                Atlanta Marriott, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.

SAC'98:
=======

Over the past ten years, the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing has
become a primary forum for applied computer scientists and application
developers from around the world to interact and present their work.
SAC'98 is sponsored by the ACM Special Interest Groups SIGAda, SIGAPP,
SIGBIO, and SIGCUE.

Authors are invited to contribute original papers in all areas of experimental
computing and application development for the technical sessions.

SAC'98 CONFERENCE OFFICIALS:
============================

K. M. George, Symposium Chair           Barrett R. Bryant, Symposium Co-Chair
Computer Science Dept., MS 219          Department of Computer and Information
Oklahoma State University               Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078, U.S.A.            The University of Alabama at Birmingham
E-mail: [log in to unmask]            1300 University Blvd.
Tel: +1 405 744 5221,                   Birmingham, AL  35294-1170, U.S.A.
FAX: +1 405 744 9097                    E-mail: [log in to unmask]
                                        Tel: +1 205 934 2213,
                                        FAX: +1 205 934 5473

Gary B. Lamont, Program Chair           Hisham (Al) Haddad,
Department of Electrical and CS         Ada and Software Engineering Track Chair
Graduate School of Engineering          Department of Computer Science
Air Force Institute of Technology       Corbly Hall, Room 309
AFIT/ENG, 2950 P St, WPAFB              Marshall University
Dayton, OH 45433, U.S.A.                Huntington, WV 25755, U.S.A.
E-mail: [log in to unmask]              E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +1 737 255 3450 x4718              Tell: +1 304 696 2697,
Fax: +1 937 656 4055                    FAX: +1 304 696 4646

ADA AND SOFTWARE ENGINEERING TRACK:
===================================

A special track on Ada and Software Engineering will be held at SAC'98. It
will be a forum for engineers, researchers and practitioners throughout
the world to share technical ideas and experiences relating to Ada applications
and Software Engineering. Original papers, tutorial (half or full day), and
panel proposals are invited in all areas of Ada Applications and Software
Engineering technology. Major topics of interest include but are not limited
to the following:

Ada Applications                    Ada and Software Engineering
Software Reuse Issues               Software Life Cycle
Software Metrics                    Software Development Methodologies
Software Management                 Software Testing
Concurrent and Real-Time Software   SE for Distributed Systems

GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
==========================

Original papers from the above-mentioned areas will be considered. This
includes three categories of submissions:

1)  Original and unpublished research
2)  Reports of innovative computing applications in the arts, sciences,
    engineering, business, government, education and industry
3)  Reports of successful technology transfer to new problem domains

Each category of submissions will be reviewed by peer groups appropriate
to that category.

Accepted papers in all categories will be published in the symposium
proceedings. Expanded versions of selected papers from all categories will
be considered for publication in the ACM/SIGAPP quarterly Applied Computing
Review or one of the other participating SIGs' publications.

Submission guidelines must be strictly followed:

1)  Submit six (6) copies of original manuscripts to the Ada and Software
    Engineering Track Chair.
2)  The author(s) name(s) and address(es) must not appear in the body of the
    paper, and self-reference should be in the third person. This is to
    facilitate blind review.
3)  The body of paper should not exceed 4,000 words (approximately) 15 pages,
    double spaced).
4)  A separate cover sheet attached to each copy should show the title of the
    paper, the author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s), and the address (including
    e-mail, telephone, and FAX) to which correspondence should be sent.
5)  All submissions must be received by August 15, 1997.

IMPORTANT DATES:
================

      August   15, 1997 Papers and Proposals Due
      October  15, 1997 Notification of Acceptance
      December  1, 1997 Camera-Ready Paper Due
      February 28, 1998 Conference Begins

Please complete the following form and return it to [log in to unmask]

I plan to submit a paper to the Ada and Software Engineering track ________

Topic area of submitted paper______________________________________________

------- End of Forwarded Message