TEAM-ADA  September 1997

TEAM-ADA September 1997

Aonix Ada95 Compilers - Final Release Notice

Prof R Conn <[log in to unmask]>

Prof R Conn <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 Sep 1997 08:45:03 EDT

Hi, Everyone,

Again, I'm sorry about the confusion over the Aonix Ada95 Compiler
release notices.  Below is the final version of the release notice as it
will appear on the Ada CDROM now in production.  Also, the PAL Card
Catalog entry is like this but even more detailed.

As you will note, this is a lot of material to download.  The Nov 97
Edition of the Walnut Creek Ada CDROM, a Special Edition for the Tri-Ada
97 and Ada-Belgium 97 conferences, will contain, at a minimum, the
Windows 95 part of the tree and (if we can fit it in) the unix part of
the tree.  We are trying really hard to fit in both parts of the tree,
but I won't know for sure for a few days.

Also, if you haven't already started looking into it, check out the DVD
drives (Digital Video Disk, Digital Versatile Disk).  They are coming
down in price ($500 at mid-summer, $300 now, and expected to be $200 by
Christmas), some former CDROMs are coming out on DVD already, and
Windows 98 with support for DVD is to be released in Mar 98. A part of
the PAL is already on DVD, and I hope to see the whole PAL on DVD in the
not too distant future ... but time will tell (there are various
problems to work out yet).  A DVD drive can read and write the existing
CDROM formats and read six new DVD formats (4.8G to 17G bytes per disk)
and write one new DVD format (4.8G).  The Simtel DVD, which contains a
part of the PAL, contains 4.0G bytes (compressed ... who knows WHAT that
expands into!) of programs and documents and sells for $99.95. The PAL
is now at 2.8G bytes (also largely compressed) and is screaming for a
DVD.

Will stay in touch,
Rick
--
Richard Conn, PAL Manager  |  [log in to unmask]
Opinions expressed herein are my own and not necessarily those of anyone else.
Public Ada Library (PAL) Release Notice
Release of: Aonix Ada95 Compilers in the PAL
------------------------------
1. Taxonomy:
    ADA COMPILERS
        ADA95
            AONIX
------------------------------
2. Author:
    Aonix
    World Headquarters
    595 Market Street, 10th Floor
    San Francisco, CA  94105
    Phone: 415/543-0900
    Phone: 800/97-AONIX
    FAX: 415/543-0145
    http://www.aonix.com/
------------------------------
3. Rights:
    Approved for public release; distribution unlimited.
------------------------------
4. Copyright:
    Copyright 1997 Aonix.  All Rights Reserved.
------------------------------
5. Abstract:
Aonix Ada95 Compilers

This directory tree (about 450M bytes in size) contains Ada95 compilers
created by Aonix.  Formerly available as the Special Edition (Windows) and
StarterPack (UNIX) of the ObjectAda compiler family, these compilers have
been released for unlimited distribution (note that the more advanced
Aonix compilers, such as the Personal, Professional, CorePack and
Enterprise, and real-time editions, are still commercial products).

This Special Edition of ObjectAda includes:
  . Ada95 Compiler (see ReadMe.txt for limitations)
  . Ada to Java Compiler (see ReadMe.txt for limitations)
  . Support for Annexes A, B, C, and D
  . Integrated Environment
    - debugger
    - editor
    - browser
    - project manager
  . DLL, Console, and GUI applications
  . Win32, ODBC, and Winsock bindings
  . HOT_Ada courseware - Special Edition

This StartPack Edition of ObjectAda includes:
  . Validated Ada95 Compiler
  . EZ Ada GUI
  . Builder
  . Debugger
  . Browser
  . Emacs Ada 95 Editor
  . Support for Annexes A and B
  . Six-month unlimited license

Target platforms (see ENVIRONMENT section for details) include:
  Microsoft Windows 95/NT
  Sun Solaris
  HP-UX
  Java Virtual Machines/ Java-enabled browsers
------------------------------
6. Release Notice:
This prologue must be included in all copies of this software.
Restrictions on use or distribution:  See ReadMe.txt
------------------------------
7. Directory Listing:

languages/ada/aonix:
  File Name                 Size