TEAM-ADA  October 1997

TEAM-ADA October 1997

ESI & ISCN 1997 Conference Call

ISCN Co-ordination office <[log in to unmask]>

ISCN Co-ordination office <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:29:27 +0000

Dear Colleague,

As you know from our earlier announcement, the ESI & ISCN 1997 conference
is being organized on 10-12 November 1997 in Budapest, one of the most
beautiful cities in Europe. The site however is only one of the reasons for
the high interest in this professional and business meeting.

The topic of the conference is

*                 Co-operation and Business Opportunities for              *
*              Eastern/Western European Countries in the IT Field          *
*          "Practical Improvement of Software Processes and Products"      *

where you can meet a select group of highly acknowledged European experts,
and attend presentations from leading electronic and software companies. It
is unique in its architecture by having joint presentations from leading
CEEC organisations aiming at setting up fruitful business collaborations
with Western Europe. You can browse the detailed conference programme below.

*                    You still have a chance to register                   *

by replying to this email after filling out the registration form below.
You can alternatively register by fax (+353 1 286 5078) or through the
conference Web page:

                     http://www.iscn.ie/conferences/iscn97

             or contact the ESI & ISCN 1997 registration office at

                                email: [log in to unmask]
                                phone: +353 1 286 1583

*                 The ESI & ISCN 1997 Conference Programme                 *

TUTORIALS
10. November 1997

Morning

T1: Business Goals and Improvement Strategies
M. Biro, MTA SZTAKI (PICO representative of ISCN in Hungary), Hungary
R. Messnarz, ISCN (PICO), Ireland

T2: Process Analysis Workshop
H. Scherzer, S. Lanzerstorfer, APAC (PICO), Austria

T3: Goal Based Improvement Planning Work-shop
C. Debou, ami User Group (PICO) and Q-Labs

T4: Experience with Improvement Projects
F. O'Hara, Insight Consulting (PICO), Ireland

T5: Process and Product Measurement
E. Trodd, Brameur (PICO), UK

T6: Goal Oriented Measurement
L. Briand, K. El Emam, C. Gresse, I. Wieczorek, Fraunhofer IESE, Germany
C. Differding, Department of Computer Science, University of
Kaiserslautern, Germany

Afternoon

T7: BOOTSTRAP 3.0 - A SPICE Compliant Assessment Methodology
P. Kuvaja, Bootstrap Institute, Finland

T8: A Team Based Organisation for Facilitating Software Process Improvement
M. Vivaldi, Q-Labs, Sweden

T9: Internet/Intranet/Extranet for Process Re-engineering and Improvement
G. Bazzana, E. Fagnoni, ONION, Italy

T10: The Personal Character Development Paradigm - Tool and Approach
P. Decrinis, R. Messnarz, ISCN, Ireland

T11: Performing an ISO 15504 Compliant Assessment
A. Dorling, IVF, Sweden
J.-M. Simon, AQT, France

T12: The Personal Software Process as proven by Experienced Developers
P. O´Beirne, Systems Modelling, Ireland

CONFERENCE

Papers and presentations on/by

11 November

Business and Co-operation Opportunities in Central and Eastern Europe
K. Woelcken, CEC, DG III

The State of Software Best Practice in Central and Eastern Europe
M. Biro, MTA SZTAKI, Hungary (moderator)
J. Gorski, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland
A. Loyko, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
I. Socol, Siveco, Roumania (INSPIRE INCO-Copernicus Project)
R. Vajde Horvat, University of Maribor, Slovenia

Strategic Alliances and Business Opportunities

ISCN - A Networking Concept for Transnational Co-operation in
Improvement and Learning Strategies
R. Messnarz, M. Mac an Airchinnigh, M.
Biro, P. Watzke, R. Urban, ISCN, Ireland

European wide Learning with BOOTCHECK
I. Doiz, ESI, Spain

Success Factors in Technology Transfer: A quick State of the Art Mapping
C. Debou, Q-Labs, Germany

A Concept for Managing East-West Outsourcing Business and Process
Improvement Cooperations
M. Biro, T. Remzso, MTA SZTAKI, Hungary

Skill Accreditation: A Key for Learning and Mobility in Europe
M. Song, QAI, UK

Learning to improve: The essential Ingredients
H. Wickberg, IVF, Sweden

Best Regional Technology Transfer: A Learning concept for Innovation
Management Organisations
B. Posch, APS, Austria, Bestregit Project Team, EU Leonardo Programme

PICO - A Training concept for Creating a Learning Culture and
Initiative in IT Organisations
PICO Project Team, EU Leonardo Programme

PICO´s Multi-Method Framework Tool Set for Self-Assessment
S. Lanzerstorfer, H. Scherzer, APAC, Austria

12. November 1997

Distance Training and co-operative Work through Video-Conferencing
G. Bazzana, ONION, Italy, EPIC Project Team, ESSI

The European Software Good Practice Repository
G. Satriani, ESI, Spain

Network based Quality Assurance Systems
R. Messnarz, ISCN, Ireland, R. Stubenrauch, Joanneum Research, Austria

Contract Management with Euromethod
A. Helmerich, FAST, Germany

Process Improvement Experiment at MemoLuX
M. Biro, E. Feuer, J. Ivanyos, PASS ESSI PIE Project, Hungary

Configuration Management for Safe Delivery of Software Systems
(Implementing Software Configuration Management)
M. Brett, Robert Bosch, Germany

SPI: An Experience Report from GSM Development
S. Di Muro, S. Humml, A. Lora, S. Scotto di Vettimo, Italtel, Italy

MODAL: The CEGELEC Software Process Memory
Y. Benoit, CEGELEC, France

Evaluating Software Product Quality
J. BØegh, Delta, Denmark

Performing ISO 15504 Compliant Assessments and their Reliability
J.-M. Simon, AQT, France
K. El Emam, Fraunhofer IESE, Germany
S. Rousseau, E. Jacquet, Sanofi, France
F. Babey, AFNOR/Unité Conseil, France

Process Improvement for better Software Quality
K. Balla, T. Langer, IQSOFT, Hungary

Building Resource and Quality Mangement Models for Software Inspections
L. Briand, O. Laitenberger, I. Wieczorek, Fraunhofer IESE, Germany

Improvements through Configuration Management of Software for Test
Path Generators in Safety Critical Applications - Railway Systems
H. Debler, M. Begemann, DTK, Germany

Cooperation Opportunities in Eastern Countries
M. Biro, C. Debou, A. Dominguez, R. Messnarz, B. Posch, H. Wickberg

*              The ESI & ISCN 1997 Conference Registration Form            *

 Attendee Name:

 Department:

 Address:

 City, State:

 Phone:
 Fax:

I would like to register as an attendee on the ESI & ISCN 1997 conference

      Early registration
  (before 29. October 1997)                      Late registration
Conference Fee  ECU 500,--                  Conference Fee  ECU 600,--
Tutorial Fee    ECU 250,--                  Tutorial Fee    ECU 350,--
Combined        ECU 650,--                  Combined        ECU 833,--

As a member of ESI or ISCN I request the discount of 20%.

   Tutorial 1  Tutorial 2  Tutorial 3  Tutorial 4  Tutorial 5  Tutorial 6
   Tutorial 7  Tutorial 8  Tutorial 9  Tutorial 10  Tutorial 11  Tutorial 12

Tutorial delegates are free to attend any tutorial on payment of a single
tutorial fee.

Payment

Payments can be made by credit card or bank transfer. If you are paying by
credit card please supply your card details below. Bank transfers should be
sent to:
Bank of Ireland, Churchstreet, Greystones, Co. Wicklow, Ireland; A/C Name
ISCN Ltd. Conference, A/C No. 16613282, sorting code 90 11 32, Ref.
ESI & ISCN 1997.
   A bank transfer of ECU __________ has been made to ISCN, A/C No. 16613282..

   I would like to pay ECU __________ by credit card (VISA, Access,
   Mastercard/Eurocard only).

   Credit Card Details:
                 Card Holder: ______________________________

                 Card No.: _________________________

                 Expiry Date: _____

Please reply to this email or fax this form to the number +353 1 286 5078.
Based on your selection the Registration Office will send you a receipt.

|  International Software Consulting Network                  |
|  ISCN Co-ordination Office  |  Tel.:   +353 (0)1 286 1583   |
|  Florence House             |  Mobile: +353 (0)87 231 5465  |
|  1 Florence Villas          |  Fax:    +353 (0)1 286 5078   |
|  Bray, Co. Wicklow          |  email:  [log in to unmask]       |
|  Ireland                    |  www:    http://www.iscn.ie   |