TEAM-ADA  June 1998

TEAM-ADA June 1998

EuroSPI'98 Conference Email Lf V2

Dr Richard Messnarz <[log in to unmask]>

Dr Richard Messnarz <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:39:56 +0100

       *    EUROPEAN SOFTWARE PROCESS IMPROVEMENT CONFERENCE 1998   *

                      http//www.bigfoot.com/~EuroSPI

Theme 98 : "How to Reap the Business Benefit from Software Process Improvement"

         16.-18.November 98, Arken Conference Center, Gothenburg, Sweden

           (Note: Place and date have been recently changed to 16.-18.)

SPI Experience
--------------
The conference will present and discuss practical  results from improvement
projects in industry, focusing on the benefits gained and the criteria for
success. Leading European industries are  contributing  to and
participating in this event.
This year's event is being hosted in Scandinavia which has one of the most
vibrant SPI communities in Europe and is home to top companies such as
Ericsson, Nokia, Volvo, ABB, etc. They are pioneers in the field and their
initiatives are the focus for many other companies worldwide.
Scandinavian countries were recently rated 4 out of the top 5 IT countries
after the USA (IDC's World Ranking in IT).

Who should attend?
-----------------

The conference   will  benefit  all those who are  concerned  with  the
management   and improvement  of organisational processes, the  innovation
and  effective  use of information systems and software processes,  as
well as all those who are  interested  in  developing  efficient  and
profitable  work  processes  to increase the  competitiveness of their
organisation  in  the market.

Topics
------

  SPI and Return on Investment
  SPI Action Planning
  SPI Culture
  Making SPI Happen
  Measuring  Benefits from SPI
  Implementing SPI
  Team Work Environments Favouring SPI
  Success and Failure Criteria in SPI
  SPI Models and Standards
  Tailoring SPI for Small Companies
  The Future of SPI

Call for Participation
----------------------

The presentations are given by several invited speakers who are either from
well known companies or acknowledged international experts. However, to
complete our conference program further companies and experts are welcome
to apply for a presentation. Please contact the conference secretariat with
an abstract of approx. 200 words before  24.6.1998.
ESSI process improvement experiments (PIE) are encouraged to participate.
Please contact the conference secretariat for dissemination guidelines.

Associated Events
-----------------

SPIRE 98 will be held in conjunction with this conference. SPIRE'98
(Software Process Improvement in Regions of Europe) is focussing on
software process improvement in small software developing companies and
departments in the regions of Europe. It will provide an insight  and
practical lessons on how to start and implement SPI and how to gain and
sustain business benefits. It is based on results from the EU project 23873
SPIRE  and other ESSI pro-active dissemination projects.

There will be a half day exhibition of results from  EU Leonardo da Vinci
projects which have developed training consortia and training material for
several aspects of process improvement. Leading projects in the field will
be presented, results and experience will be discussed including normal SPI
issues as well as the use of SPI principles in non-IT businesses. A new
IEEE publication "Better Software Practice for Business Benefit" developed
in one of the projects is being presented for the first time.

Sponsors and Exhibitors. Please find the standard sponsor and exhibitor
package with all details at http://www.bigfoot.com/~EuroSPI.

Conference Organisers
---------------------

Euro SPI'98 is the 5th in a series or annual conferences previously held in
association with ISCN, ESI and the SP partnership.

The conference is organised by :
Delta  http://www.delta.dk
IVF    http://www.ivf.se
SINTEF http://www.sintef.no
STTF   http://www.sttf.fi
ISCN   http://www.iscn.ie

The conference organisers gratefully acknowledge the support of the
European Commission for the conference and associated events.

Conference Secretariat. "EuroSPI 1998" Secretariat, ISCN Co-ordination
Office, Florence House, 1 Florence Villas,  Bray, Co.  Wicklow, Ireland,
Tel. +353 1 2861583,      Fax.  +353  1 286 5078,  email:
[log in to unmask],  http//www.bigfoot.com/~EuroSPI

|  Dr Richard Messnarz, Director Process Development          |
|  International Software Consulting Network                  |
|  ISCN Co-ordination Office  |  Tel.:   +353 (0)1 286 1583   |
|  Florence House             |  Mobile: +353 (0)87 231 5465  |
|  1 Florence Villas          |  Fax:    +353 (0)1 286 5078   |
|  Bray, Co. Wicklow          |  email:  [log in to unmask]       |
|  Ireland                    |  www:    http://www.iscn.ie   |