TEAM-ADA  August 1998

TEAM-ADA August 1998

Team Ada: ASIS Submitted for ISO FDIS BAllot

Currie Colket <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 2 Aug 1998 20:16:11 -0400

Dear Team Ada:

FYI, the ASIS Specification has been submitted for FDIS Ballot. Please
see the attached email to the ASISWG/ASISRG.

v/r
Currie

Dear ASISWG/ASISRG:

Another major milestone! The ASIS Specification 2.0.R was delivered to
SC22 for the initiation of the Final Draft International Standard (FDIS)
Ballot on Friday, 31 July 1998. The FDIS Ballot is a two-month thumbs-up
or thumbs-down ballot. If the results are a thumbs-up, then ASIS will
become an ISO Standard, officially described as: ISO/IEC 15291:1998.
Otherwise, the ASIS specification goes back to the WG9 committee. We are
all very optimistic that we will have an ASIS Standard by the end of the
year!!!! We will need to wait a couple of weeks to find out when the
FDIS ballot will close. I will keep you posted as to this important
date!

ASIS 2.0.R only added 3 issues since 2.0.Q being:
   095  Semantic queries for multi-part declarations
   096  Normalized associations for call-as-dereference and dispatching
calls
   097  Names for components of derived records

These are all described on the ASIS Home Page:
http://www.acm.org/sigada/wg/asiswg URL following the links to ISO
Committee Draft and Technical Issues. The ASIS Home Page will be updated
to reflect the submission of ASIS to SC22 once the date for the FDIS
Ballot is known.

Clyde Roby has done a fantastic job in putting this specification
together. He is now an expert in converting Word 7 to other useful
formats. He created a Postscript version to manually correct the page
number problem with the index in Word 7. Then he converted the
Postscript version to a pdf format as ISO cannot accept Word 7. (The
ASIS specification is now over 2 MByte and would not convert to Word 6
using the Microsoft facilities). Special thanks also to Sergey Rybin,
Steve Blake, and Bill Thomas who helped resolve several last minute
issues.

Please put Sunday, 8 November 1998 on your calendars. We are planning an
ASIS Workshop at SIGAda'98 to address a host of ASIS issues. There will
also be many other ASIS activities from 9 November to 12 November
ranging from an ASIS Tutorial, joint SAFEWG/ASISWG BOF (using ASIS to
analyze the safety-criticality of brewing Pale India Ale using Ada95),
and ASIS papers. Please plan to come to SIGAda'98. You can find out more
at the home page: http://www.acm.org/sigada/conf/sa98.

A number of folks asked me for the URL to the HRG's draft TR15942,
"Guidance for the use of the Ada Programming Language in High Integrity
Systems". It is located at:
http://osiris.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG9/n346.pdf as a pdf file.  A
PostScript version of WD 3.5 is available on the WG9 web site. It is
document N 346 at the
http://wwwold.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG9/documents.htm URL. The HRG is
currently soliciting comments, due by 15 August 1998.

v/r
Currie Colket
Chair ASISRG/ASISWG