A new version of the ASL (Ada Structured Library) containers have been
put on to my web page - http://www.concentric.net/~Minyard. The
changes are numerous, see the changelog below.
The ASL containers are a set of container classes for Ada95. See the
web page for more details.
This release adds quite a bit of internal documentation and an example
from Daniel Gaudry. More usage documentation in the next release.
If you are using these container classes, please drop me a note so I
have some idea if people are using them or not.
As always, suggestions, bug fixes, criticism, new examples, and
reckless enthusiastic praise are welcome :-).
Release 0.6 - 08/19/1998
* 08/17/1998 - Modified the graph container to have a separate callback
for graph link values.
* 08/17/1998 - Started updating the internal documentation.
* 08/18/1998 - Changed the structure of graphs links to a more reasonable
structure and made it more consistent. This will require code changes
for anyone using graphs, but it's not too bad.
* 08/18/1998 - More internal documentation and some restructuring in
graphs, hash tables, heaps, ALists, DLists, and trees.
* 08/18/1998 - Removed the object-based graph entries. They were just
too hard to make work and probably not terribly useful.
* 08/19/1998 - Fixed some memory leaks in graph links.
* 08/19/1998 - Modified everything but the Objects and Iterators to not
descend from Baseclass.Object. This decision is based upon efficiency;
Baseclass.Object is controlled and thus it has the overhead of the
initialization, finalization, etc. The contained members don't really
need that (or if they do, it can be driven from the main object's
controlled calls) so this is more efficient in terms of memory and
time. The graph link objects and iterators are also not controlled
for the same reason (even though they are objects and iterators).
* 08/19/1998 - Pulled the sort out of Sortable and put it in its own
package. This will (hopefully) allow more flexible sort use.
* 08/19/1998 - Added a quicksort package.
* 08/19/1998 - Added a demo program from Daniel Gaudry and modified it
to work with the containers.
Corey Minyard Internet: [log in to unmask]
Work: [log in to unmask] UUCP: [log in to unmask]