Todd Coniam wrote:
> Three programmers working.
> First two huddled over cluttered desk busy staring at monitor,
> checking notes,
> acting apprehensive and distraught. Slightly disheveled clothing.
> Third [Ada programmer] at clean desk. Calm, cool, collected. Neatly
> Ada programmer turns off computer and gets up:
> "Well, I guess you guys will be working late again!"
> First programmer responds:
> "What, don't tell me your done!"
> Ada programmer respondes while leaving:
> "Yes." [pause] "Good night."
> Second programmer asks first:
> "What's his secret?"
> First programmer replies somewhat mournfully and/or jealously:
> "He uses Ada."
This reminds me of an ad some of us brainstormed years ago going
- Your 3-year project is 70% done
- Your customer just changed half of the requirements on you
- And asked if you could deliver an early version
- [And added quantitative quality-based acceptance criteria]
- Aren't you glad you're using Ada!
PS: I "resent" the implied correlation between neatness of desk/dress
and liking Ada. :-)