Re: Rational A.5 Command Line and HTML

"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>

Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.

Sat, 4 Dec 1999 18:16:05 -0800

From: Bob Leif
To: Richard Conn et al.

There is no web site! Your slide number 4 shows a client and a server. The
browser on the PC must transfer information to a LOCAL program that is on
the SAME PC. How do you use HTML as a screen generator for a local program?
Everything takes place on a single processor. The requirement is to have an
HTML Form transfer data into a local program. Both are on the same CPU
running under the same operating system.

My argument is that it make no sense to employ different front-ends for
client-server and single processor systems.

I would like nothing better than to reuse your work. However, the problem is
to get the data from the HTML to the Ada *.Exe. I used Get because it could
send data to a local file.