CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Erik Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 23:30:28 -0700
Hello All,

I thought there might be some students (or parents ;-) on the list who might be interested in a contest Macromedia is holding for student designed web sites.  The prizes include four $1000 scholarships, as well as free software and online training courses for 8 others.  There are two age groups: grade 8-12 and higher education (2-yr or 4-yr colleges/universities).

You can find more info here:

http://www.macromedia.com/resources/student/

I'm sure folks are curious about the criteria, so here they are (25% each):

(1) Creativity/Ingenuity:  Is the entry creative, unique and inventive? Does the entry employ interesting user interface or interactive techniques?
(2) Design/Functionality: Does the entry achieve its goals? Is the entry intuitive to use? Does the entry allow the user to do something? Can the user give and receive?
(3) Content.
(4) Technical Achievement: Does the entry maximize or extend the use of the Macromedia tool? Does the entry make use of multiple media types and promote user interactivity?

Entries must be received by 6/1/2001.

Cheers,

-Erik

Erik Larson