CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Laurie Kantner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laurie Kantner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:21:45 -0500
Please consider making a submission to the Usability Professionals'
Association Conference at www.upassoc.org/conferences/2002/call.html

Submission due dates (Due to postal delays the dates in the hardcopy Call
for Participation have been extended):

January 7, 2002 for advanced topics seminars, presentations, panels,
tutorials, and workshops.
March 22, 2002 for posters and SIG's

The annual Usability Professionals' Association (UPA) conference will be
held July 8-12, 2002, at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort in Orlando,
Florida. We invite you to share your ideas and experiences with fellow
practitioners in the field of usability by submitting proposals for program
topics and attending the conference.

The conference theme, Humanizing Design, emphasizes the importance of the
human experience to the design of usable technology products. If technology
is to improve the human experience, it needs to respect human expectations,
tendencies, and dignity. Shaping technology to meet human needs is as much
a science as it is an art.

The UPA was founded in 1991 to provide a forum for usability practitioners
to share techniques and experiences. Now in its eleventh year, the UPA
attracts a variety of people: newcomers to our field, experienced
practitioners, and distinguished professionals who have been defining and
shaping usability since before the UPA's existence. The UPA also provides
supportive information to managers who advocate for usability within their
organizations, even if they are not usability professionals themselves.

To best serve all our constituents, the UPA conference committee is looking
for presentations, advanced topic seminars, panels, tutorials, and
workshops that address all of these audiences. In an attempt to further
serve advanced professionals in our field, we are introducing a new
submission category at this year's conference, Advanced Topic Seminars. If
appropriate, please consider submitting to this new exciting track.

Laurie Kantner & Joseph Kramer
UPA2002 Conference Co-Chairs