CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Carolyn Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carolyn Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:22:06 -0400
Interesting thread - Christina's point...

> my domain is now more unique than I am

... is both funny and sobering. It also occurs to me that "Mother's maiden
name" is less useful as a security check if Mother never changed her last
name and/or uses the same one that you do (any stats on how often this is
the case?).

And since Jonas commented...

> Actually, designing a form and a database that can accommodate
> all global styles of names and addresses is not an easy job.

...I'll follow up with the obvious question about useful references for
someone who is faced with this task (send references directly to me; I'll
post a summary).

Carolyn "snyderconsulting.net" Snyder

Snyder Consulting
Focusing on the People side of Technology
(603) 216-2255
www.snyderconsulting.net