Opportunities at Women.com

Bill Skeet <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:56:19 -0800

Hello all,

I've listed two new positions at Women.com to be part of the Network
Architecture (UI and Info Arch.) Group.  Feel free to write to me if you
have questions!

----------------------

E-Commerce Interaction Designer

Women.com is looking for an interaction designer with experience, interest
and skills in online commerce.  If you've been building an e-commerce site
the last year or two and have made improvements to the site based on what
you've learned from watching customers, we have an excellent opportunity for
you.  Now is the time to broaden that experience and couple e-commerce with
powerful content and a growing arsenal of personalized services and tools.

The Interaction designer is part of the Architecture group in Product
Development and works with almost every department in building the
blueprints for the Network of websites.  We're at the nexus of learning and
development.

We know a lot about our users and their interests; they are complex,
ever-changing, varied and diverse.  But there's much still to be discovered
and there's no place better to learn!  We are committed to learning more
about our customers' habits and behaviors in order to build a better product
for her.

Women.com provides women around the world many compelling reasons for
spending time on the site through our rich content (from magazines such as
Redbook, Good  Housekeeping and Cosmopolitan) as well as interactive
community services and robust tools.

Our ideal candidate will be responsible for:
             Define and document site interaction and architectural
requirements and specifications
                        o       Written description that expands on network
standards and style
                        o       Flow diagrams (inventory of pages and
interaction illustrations)
                        o       Page schematics (composition and
organization of site elements)
                        o       Use cases, scenarios and other methods of
articulating interaction
             Lead effort to evaluate and test commerce-related product
design (existing or new)
                        o       Use various user-centered design techniques
                        o       Use various evaluation methods to determine
basic usability, conformance to standards and performance
                        o       Work with research department to design
tests
                        o       Create or guide creation of prototypes for
testing
             Focus on E-commerce
                        o       Ability to communicate interaction
considerations with respect to e-commerce
                        o       Ability to evaluate and test designs for key
commerce-related user behaviors
                                     Intent to click, conversion rates,
decision factors, contact ratios, repeat purchase patterns, registration,
privacy, and other shopping activities and behaviors

The ideal candidate will have all the following qualifications and more:
*       Experience at an e-commerce web site responsible for the execution
of the design
*       Knowledge of and advocate of user-centered design and assessment
techniques and methods
*       Experience making design decisions based on
*       Gathering and analyzing customer research, customer feedback and
usage logs and applying to the product.
*       Collaboration with marketing and business, engineering and research
teams (and other stakeholders)
*       Web-based project management or design management experience

Education:
*       Design, Psychology (Cognitive or Behavioral) or Human Factors
engineering, preferred, language, architecture, or other related fields a
plus
*       Business, marketing or commerce-related studies preferred

Women.com (NASDAQ: WOMN; www.women.com) is a leading Internet network
dedicated to women, featuring award-winning original programming,
personalized services, community and online shopping. A comprehensive
network for women, Women.com is comprised of more than 100,000 pages of
programming organized into 19 topical channels, including Fashion & Beauty;
Horoscopes; Food; Sex & Romance; Health; Career & Money; Pregnancy; and
Home. Women.com also offers extensive membership services and benefits,
including personalized content, personal home pages, e-mail, and access to
community forums and clubs. In addition, the company enjoys strategic
relationships with The Hearst Corporation and Rodale, enabling Women.com to
offer an online newsstand featuring content from 12 of the world's leading
women's magazines, including Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, Prevention and
Redbook.

Full-time position in San Mateo, CA. Competitive salaries commensurate with
experience, plus benefits.

Email, fax or mail resumes:

Contact:
Human Resources
Email resumes: [log in to unmask]
Fax resumes: (650) 357-7704

-------------------------------

Network Architecture Project Manager

Women.com is looking for a project manager who possesses consummate
organization and planning skills.

The architecture group is part of product development and is responsible for
the structure and flow of Women.com's network of web sites.  The group
includes interaction and UI designers and information architects who work
with other departments to help define scope, feasibility and function of
products. We also evaluate and test parts of the product.

We need a person who loves it when a good plan comes together.

Join the team as the member who helps make everyone's work a reality-on
schedule.  In our organization, the rubber hits the road between
architecture and production; success requires a smooth transition.  This is
one of the most important roles of the project manager who manages and
monitors the schedule and tracks projects through the department looking for
delays and obstacles.

Our ideal candidate will be responsible for:
             Manage large projects initiated by the Network Architecture
Department (i.e. Overall Network redesign
             Create specifications and project plans
             Create and maintain schedule of deliverables
             Communicate to project team members (tech production,
freelancers, edit, etc.) the schedules, and deliverables.
             Create project budget and execute against approved #s (if
needed)
             Create project maintenance program and schedule (if needed)

The ideal candidate will have all the following qualifications and more:
*       At least 3 years project management experience, Web-based preferred
*       Excellent communication skills and ability to organize and manage
resources for multiple projects
*       Good writing and documentation skills
*       Some experience in product development and/or interaction design,
preferred
*       Experience managing research projects or research facilities is
preferred-especially usability or user-centered design techniques.

Education:
*       College degree in Communications, language studies or information
science preferred
*       Any other relevant area such as design, computer science,
psychology, etc.

[...]

Bill Skeet
Women.com Networks
San Mateo,  CA 94404