CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Timothy Siu Man Ng <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Timothy Siu Man Ng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:17:05 -0400
Hi,
A couple of weeks ago I requested info about Intranet User Interface
Standard. I got
very few responses. Anyway, below is the summary:

Request:
-----------------------
I am working on the development of Intranet User Interface Standard at a NY
state government agency.  I want to collect any existing standard in last 5
years so they can be used as templates or examples to assist the
development process.

If your company has an intranet (or in general user interface)
standard or you know any source of this kind of document, please let me
know.  Thank you very much!

You can submit the info to me at [log in to unmask] and I will compile the
summary after collected enough info.

=======================

-----------------------
Jakob Nielsen developed a list of Intranet guidelines in a report he
compiled recently. I have read several of reports and all have been well
worth the investment. Here is a direct link to purchase but you can also
search for it on useit.com in order to find out more detail about his
research:

http://www.digibuy.com/cgi-bin/order.html?nngroup+99031505433

He also has Intranet guidelines on his site for free - www.useit.com. Hope
this helps.

Sarah Ingalls
Requirements, Analysis and Design
Hallmark.com
(816) 678-5256
-----------------------
You may try the following:

http://www.nist.gov/
http://www.welie.com/patterns/
http://www.asktog.com/basics/firstPrinciples.html
http://www.useit.com/papers/standards.html
http://www.ncits.org/

 Tali
Human Factors International has some white papers on that. Also

    http://www.humanfactors.com/downloads/webstandards.pdf

Also, Diamond Bullet and Tom Brinks have done some extensive work with
standards for government websites.