Print

Richard Gaskin wrote:
>Side note:  Fer cripes sake would someone come up with a more
>flattering term for people than "user"?  What do you folks prefer?

Seems kinda obvious in the context of any site that conducts
some sort of business: customer. For a financial services site,
one might prefer the word "client". These work for both product-
and service-oriented business.

In the bricks and mortar world, merchants refer to anyone that
enters their store as a customer, whether they've made a purchase
or not. Why can't we take a similar view on the Web? I certainly
see the term "user experience" replaced by "customer experience"
of late. And really, "user service" just doesn't have the same
ring as "customer service".

Outside the business context, I'm still stumped...

Lance.