From: Xavier Mestres [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 10:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Conversion Rate Dilema

Hi All,

If we calculate the conversion rate: purchases/visits or users sessions;
How would you consider a multiple items shopping? Would you consider it as
a single purchase? Or for
example, if that customer bought 3 books in a simple act, would you count
it as 3 purchases? A lot of users prefer to buy items all at once,
specially when we are talking about items as books and CD's, in order
toreduce the shipping cost.

I have been talking about it with different people and there isn't a
unanimity about it. I would probably recomend to count it as a single
purchase and complement this information with the "average purchase amount".

What do you think about?

Xavier Mestres
Xperience Consulting
Telf. +34 934147554
www.xperienceconsulting.com

       Tip of the Day: Don't use automated replies to postings
        About CHI-WEB: http://www.sigchi.org/web/chi-web.html

        About CHI-WEB: http://www.sigchi.org/web/chi-web.html