Print

hi
<dignified mild annoyance mode 'on'>

and leaving aside accusations of 'sweeping' generalisations'...

there seems to be a confusion of terms which are not necessarily
interchangable - developer and designer, and an misconception of what
real design is.

As a designer I would have to say that fitness for purpose and
effectiveness - which include usability in my book - are guiding
principles of design. There are plenty of people out there
'creating/developing/designing' websites with little or no formal design
background in any discipline. Just calling themselves, or being accorded
the title, designer does not make them one.

And it's as likely that the client/boss has insisted on a look and feel,
or design 'features', that any decent designer will have spent an age
trying to talk them out of.

<dignified mild annoyance mode 'off'>

thank you for that, I feel slightly better now.

cheers
Martin

--
Martin Bull