From: Elaine Keating [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 3:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fonts for usability

I have just embarked on a masters, which involves writing a thesis on, 'The
Design Process and User Focused Digital Spaces'. I come from a graphic
Design back ground and the aim is to reconfigure the 'print design process'
for the Web. I am currently looking for information about digital typography
(not  desk top publishing!), fonts for digital use and why? How do you
consider the user when choosing a font?

What fonts should I use for the Web? How do you combat low resolution when
writing a body of text?  Does a serif font read more easily? Do graphics
work more effectively to communicate information on the Web. I would greatly
appreciate any information or direction that anyone might be able to give
me.