ACMWE_SC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Show Table of Contents

Nuria Castell Ariño
Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:40:21 +0200
Dear all,

I hope Easter week is going well.

This message is just to remind you that our monthly meeting will be next Tuesday 19 at 16:00 CET instead of Monday due to Easter holidays.

Kind regards

Núria

Nuria Castell
FIB - UPC BarcelonaTech

Sent using iPhone
No Replies
Araz Yusubov (ACM)
Wed, 6 Apr 2022 17:26:44 +0000
Dear Nuria,
For all previous womENcourage events we actually dedicated our local event to motivate our local audience to participate. For womENcourage 2020 we had to have it virtual, but as a result we made it open for all international audience (which can be business as usual in the future). https://www.facebook.com/events/2528177910830864/?active_tab=discussion In this one we had Bev also joining, but main speakers were participants from Azerbaijan who shared their first-hand experience. Surprisingly, we had people joining from several continents.

[More ...]
No Replies
Nuria Castell Ariño
Wed, 6 Apr 2022 19:17:11 +0200
Dear all,

Letizia is organizing an event with students at NTNU and she has some
interesting questions (see message below).

Does anyone have any useful information on that?

Thanks!

Núria

Fecha: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 19:03:08 +0000
De: Letizia Jaccheri <[log in to unmask]>
Para: Nuria Castell Ariño <[log in to unmask]>, Kerstin Bach
<[log in to unmask]>, Alis Wiken Wilson <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Nuria if you like we can use this Teams link

[More ...]
No Replies
Nuria Castell Ariño
Tue, 1 Mar 2022 18:04:40 +0100
Dear members of the SC,

You will find the proposal for womENcourage 2023 in the drive folder
"Submission (File responses)"

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rdDsMA-JaNZFbmZYk5KPVW9iZoZSoQ5fu2szcMSkk3l1vhvcCBO4Yj1Aq5tFkia7h_6_eqp_?usp=sharing

In the same folder I have created  a document where any of you can add
comments and doubts about the proposal. Collecting them in advance will
be very useful.
In this document I have already added the comments that arise during our
last monthley meeting.

[More ...]
No Replies
Nuria Castell Ariño
Tue, 1 Mar 2022 17:53:04 +0100
Dear all,

thanks for your answers on the doodle.

According that, the best day for the meeting is Friday 11th at 16:00h CET

Please, add this appointment to your agendas.

Kind regards

Núria

No Replies
Nuria Castell Ariño
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:48:38 +0100
Dear all,

just a late reminder about our meeting this afternoon.

Josephina has uploaded the February report in the correspoding folder on
the drive.
There is a new review of the program and the budget.

See you later.

Núria

Fecha: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 10:31:39 +0000
De: Josephina Antoniou <[log in to unmask]>
Responder a: Josephina Antoniou <[log in to unmask]>
Para: [log in to unmask]

Dear all,
This is the most convenient time according to the poll for the January
meeting.

@Dorota Filipczuk since we will have a separate meeting on the 24^th I
will convey any discussion points to this meeting and in the monthly
report (as it looks like you will not be able to join).
See you then,
Josephina
No Replies
Josephina Antoniou
Thu, 20 Jan 2022 10:31:39 +0000
Dear all,

This is the most convenient time according to the poll for the January meeting.
@Dorota Filipczuk<mailto:[log in to unmask]> since we will have a separate meeting on the 24th I will convey any discussion points to this meeting and in the monthly report (as it looks like you will not be able to join).

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Josephina Antoniou
Mon, 17 Jan 2022 16:35:23 +0000
Dear all,
Happy New Year!
I hope you are all well and you had a nice break.

Given the time we were all away for the break, we didn't have a chance to coordinate with the chairs and we are just beginning to get back into the organisation again. Therefore, I am suggesting that the January meeting takes place at the end of the month. In the meantime, I will communicate with the chairs and update the January report (the December report has been uploaded on the drive already) on the Drive before our meeting.

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Nuria Castell Ariño
Sun, 16 Jan 2022 20:12:16 +0100
Dear all,

I hope you have had nice Christmas holidays, and the New Year is going
well and healthy.

Just a reminder of our monthly meeting this Monday 17th at 16:00 CET
time by skype.

A have created a new folder for 2022 meeting minutes, and the file for
our next meeting.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QeF3v4PSnvssqJ3LUSVf3Ywe33_IUr63Jgxrjmi13jo/edit?usp=sharing

See you soon!

Núria

No Replies
Olga Maximová
Wed, 22 Dec 2021 12:21:15 +0100
[image: pf 2022 en.png]

--
Vytvoř si s námi kouzelnou hru. Zapoj se do Codemas
<https://www.codemas.cz/> a dostaň Perníčka na Vánoce domů.

I hope you are well and that you are enjoying the holidays.

I would like to remind you that we need to have you update the Contact list
for 2022 and the Email alias list. I can help you with this if you can
just give me a pointer where you might have the chairs and their email
addresses written down.
Please let me know if you have questions.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Nuria Castell Ariño
Wed, 24 Nov 2021 12:54:01 +0100
Dear all,

I have already sent the invitations for our special meeting next Monday
29th. It will be at 16:00 CET as usual.

I will meet Paloma one hour in advance to collect all her comments and
suggestions, then I will explain to the rest of the committee.

Meet you soon!

Núria

El 23/11/2021 a las 12:41, Araz Yusubov escribió:
> Greetings from the City of Winds!
>
> Please send the calendar request right away.
> It should be fine with my calendar.
>
> Many thanks,
> Araz
>

> *Araz Yusubov, PhD*
> *Assistant Professor***

[More ...]
No Replies
Núria Castell
Tue, 23 Nov 2021 13:14:03 +0100
Dear all,
I would like to share with you this initiative, born in Catalonia but
open to everybody.
Please, consider to join personally and help us to disseminate the call.
Kind regards
Núria
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Tue, 23 Nov 2021 11:41:01 +0000
Greetings from the City of Winds!

Please send the calendar request right away.
It should be fine with my calendar.

Many thanks,
Araz

Araz Yusubov, PhD
Assistant Professor
School of IT and Engineering

ADA University
Ahmadbey Aghaoghlu str. 61
Baku, Azerbaijan, AZ1008

Tel: (+994 12) 437 3235 ext. 421
Fax: (+994 12) 437 3236
Web: www.ada.edu.az<http://www.ada.edu.az/>

[https://ada-university.github.io/mail-signature/rsz_ada_logo.png]
No Replies
Núria Castell
Tue, 23 Nov 2021 12:39:02 +0100
Dear all,

At present, Paloma, Bev, Rukiye, and myself are available on 29th at
15:00 CET.

Ruth can not join us at that time.

What about Araz, Dorota, and Taras?

Thanks

Núria

> On Thursday, November 18, 2021, 02:53:37 PM GMT+4, Nuria Castell Ariño
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

> Dear all,rest
>
> Paloma is asking for starting our meeting on 29th one hour before (at
> 15:00 CET).
>
> Is it fine with you? If not, I will meet Paloma in advance and collect
> her comments for the rest of the committee.
>
> Let me

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Nuria Castell Ariño
Thu, 18 Nov 2021 11:53:25 +0100
Dear all,rest

Paloma is asking for starting our meeting on 29th one hour before (at
15:00 CET).

Is it fine with you? If not, I will meet Paloma in advance and collect
her comments for the rest of the committee.

Let me know.

Thanks

Núria

El 17/11/2021 a las 14:33, MARIA PALOMA DIAZ PEREZ escribió:
> Thank you very much Nuria for your mail. I couldn’t meet this week
> since I’m in he weef-gedc symposium.
> I’m reviewing the lessons learnt and there are some issues I’d like to
> discuss with all of you as they are not

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Josephina Antoniou
Wed, 17 Nov 2021 14:03:30 +0000
Dear all,
Please find attached the report updated for the November tasks completed.

Best,
Josephina

Dr Josephina Antoniou, BA, MSc, PhD, FHEA
Assistant Professor in Computing,
Course Leader of MSc Computing,
Research Degree Tutor,
Chair of the Ethics and Integrity sub-committee

School of Sciences, UCLan Cyprus
+357 24 694094
https://www.uclancyprus.ac.cy/academic/dr-josephina-antoniou/

[University of Central Lancashire] <https://www.uclancyprus.ac.cy>
No Replies
Reyyan Ayfer
Tue, 16 Nov 2021 14:48:57 +0300
Dear Steering Committee Members,

I am so happy to be included in the email list because I feel great
following all the great work ongoing and all the improvements in the
processes and wonderful documentation.

I am hoping that you are happy, healthy! I wanted to thank you all and
send big virtual hugs. I wish we can get together in person somewhere,
some time in the future.

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Tue, 16 Nov 2021 06:28:12 +0100
Hi,

Hope your week is going well.

We need to get the mailing lists set up for womENcourage 2022, so you can
use those lists on the website, please look at this document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e6XIBH2ZtLIrlxVscwEAsjXSLsAqcdTMSerccyRmePg/edit>
and add the appropriate chair to each of the lists. This is critical for
workshops, posters, etc.

Secondly we need to have the contact list
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukSYMsA_gquZFHm0VrQiY8l_Q0s_p-zsU5_fFBpK--k/edit#gid=0>
updated, this is important so that we know who are our counterparts on the
organizing committees.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josephina Antoniou
Mon, 8 Nov 2021 06:32:38 +0000
Dear all,
I have put a placeholder in the calendar for next month's meeting.

Best Regards,
Josephina
Show Replies 3 Replies
Rukiye ALTIN
Fri, 5 Nov 2021 14:53:31 +0300
Hello dear friends,

I cannot attend today’s meeting because of the health issues. I’ll be following the meeting notes.

Best,
Rukiye
Sent from my iPhone
Show Replies 2 Replies
Letizia Jaccheri
Wed, 3 Nov 2021 10:19:03 +0000
Hi
Should you have questions, do not hesitate to contact us
Kind regards

Action Chair EUGAIN CA19122 - https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA19122
Project Leader IDUN https://www.ntnu.edu/idun
Blog, books, podcast, thoughts https://letiziajaccheri.org/
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Thu, 28 Oct 2021 21:42:01 +0200
Hi,

I will lead the Steering Committee meeting on 15th of November for Nuria,
I have sent a meeting notice and will send the Agenda the week before the
meeting.

We received from Olga today the Lessons Learned, please take a minute to
go through the new version especially in each of your sections.

Additionally we have received one Expression of Interest from Leticia, I
think we might be expecting another. So please be sure to watch out for
them.

[More ...]
Show Replies 6 Replies
Olga Maximová
Thu, 28 Oct 2021 12:34:03 +0200
Dear Steering Committee,

We are sending our Lessons Learned
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N6_WFBmvcy7dfRSWox4Wt6axdgSrseOYDWEzR3iou3A/edit#>
document as promised. We are only missing the Local Arrangements but I have
asked our Chair to complete it as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Olga

*Olga Maximová*
*Head of HR&Shared Services*
+420 776 196 800

Václavské náměstí 837/11 (Budova DAREX), 110 00 Praha - Nové Město

* <https://www.czechitas.cz/> <https://www.facebook.com/czechitas/>
<https://www.instagram.com/czechitas/> <https://twitter.com/czechitas>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/czechitas>*
[image: https://www.czechitas.cz/cs/] <https://www.czechitas.cz/>

[More ...]
No Replies
Araz Yusubov (ACM)
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 07:55:18 +0000
Dear Nuria,
Sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences.
Warmest sentiments from Baku,Araz

On Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 11:23:38 AM GMT+4, Rukiye ALTIN <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Nuria,
I am so sorry for your loss. Please do not worry about EUGain, I am around and will take care of it.
You need your time and need to be with your family.
You are in my thoughts and I am here for you ♥️
Hugs,Rukiye
Sent from my iPhone

[More ...]
No Replies
Nuria Castell Ariño
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 09:14:32 +0200
Dear all,

Just to tell tou that I’m a bit disconnected these days.
My father passed away Saturday night. Today is the ceremony.

I will not travel to Madrid for the WIRE-EUGAIN workshop.

I will reconnect in a few days.

Kind regards.

Núria

Nuria Castell
FIB - UPC BarcelonaTech

Sent using iPhone

> El 20 oct 2021, a las 14:48, Letizia Jaccheri <[log in to unmask]> escribió:
>
> Thanks there are still some small adjustments we need to do. All feedback is apreciated. Thanks to all and best wishes Letizia
>
> Get Outlook for Android
>
> From: Lennon Ruth <[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Lennon Ruth
Wed, 20 Oct 2021 10:57:54 +0000
Hi All,

See attached the EoI for 2023 from Letizia and Kerstin Bach from NTU. The theme is just fantastic. Nuria is the chair of the Steering Committee for the ACM Celebration of Women in Computing: womENcourage(TM) so she will contact you directly regarding further details on this submission. I wish you all the very best of luck with this submission.

[More ...]
Show Replies 4 Replies
Josephina Antoniou
Tue, 19 Oct 2021 10:56:38 +0000
Dear all,
This seems to be the most convenient timeslot for the next meeting, so I am sending a provisional calendar booking and link.
Thank you,
Josephina
No Replies
Josephina Antoniou
Tue, 19 Oct 2021 09:34:10 +0000
Dear all,
Please fill in the doodle poll so we can have our monthly womENcourage 2022 meeting.

I attach the updates since we last spoke in the form of a summary report.

https://doodle.com/poll/54punmsiy4aacghh?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

Best,
Josephina

Dr Josephina Antoniou, BA, MSc, PhD, FHEA
Assistant Professor in Computing,
Course Leader of MSc Computing,
Research Degree Tutor,
Chair of the Ethics and Integrity sub-committee

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 18 Oct 2021 17:08:47 +0200
Hi Josephina

As we discussed in our meeting last month we need to have regular monthly
meetings set, starting in the next two weeks.

Can you please send out a doodle poll, so we can identify a good time once
a month to discuss your plans.

Additionally, the steering committee meets the third Monday of each
month, we would like to have a monthly report sent to our mailing list the
Friday prior to our meeting, can you send the October report as soon as
possible? The report should be similar to this report
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/13gzJ0M025tGu-mT7R7c7bEC3aqHCPeQaPmj8bK1NwiM/edit?usp=sharing>
from the Prague team.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dorota Filipczuk
Tue, 5 Oct 2021 22:24:46 +0100
Hi All,

As discussed in the last meeting, I created a Google Doc for us to
collaborate on ideas for the programme requirements for womENcourage 2022:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wKEhq7dsF1TKGP1a3n0WWK4QaIDTx80VwuiYnVL9He0/edit?usp=sharing.
It would be great if you could add your comments there before our meeting
on October 11, 16:00 CEST (on Skype).

Thank you,
Dorota
Show Replies 1 Reply
Nuria Castell Ariño
Mon, 27 Sep 2021 12:49:00 +0200
Dear Ruth and Rukiye,

I was enrolled in your workshop but it was impossible to join due to a
last minute news (more information at the end of the message).

A saw the session in the youtube channel. Very good session. I would
like to comment on one idea: women in wikipeadia.

About 5 years ago, a group of women from the Universitat Pompeu Fabra
(UPF) started an action to give visibility to "local" or "near" and
present women. It is a competition for school groups, and the goal is to
create good web pages about STEM women. The competition

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Rukiye ALTIN
Sat, 25 Sep 2021 12:43:18 +0300
Hello Dear SC family,

Hope you are all doing well. Congrats once again on our 2021 events. From
what I have seen, all went perfectly.

As you know I am done with my Ph.D. I am currently looking for a postdoc
position in computer science education, instructional technology,
educational technology, or related subjects. I'd be happy if you let me
know of any related open positions you know about.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Olga Maximová
Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:44:20 +0200
Dear Steering Committee,
Please find below our last report before the conference. You can find it in
our shared folder
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1Oo6wv6ndSpIZH3k272z6Br379F4Ks1km>
as usual.

Thank you,
Olga and Bara
Monthly reporting and meeting - September 2021

womENcourage 2021

September 15, 2021 Czechitas reporting to ACM
No Replies
Lennon Ruth
Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:51:27 +0000
Hi All,

I updated the Guidebook to mention accessibility options so that it is noted for future events.

Regards,

Ruth Lennon,
Chair of ACM-W Europe, https://acmweurope.acm.org/ [cid:0b66fad1-a6ed-403a-9c22-d46146a747aa]
Senior Member of IEEE; Senior Member of the ACM
Chair of NSAI/ICTSCC/SC 11; ISO/IEC JTC 1/WG 38 Member
Office: RM2244
Faculty of Engineering & Technology,
Letterkenny Institute of Technology (LYIT),

Port Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Ireland, F92 FC93

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:37:55 +0200
Hi Josephina,

Thanks so much for the meeting today. Was very helpful.

Here is a document where the Steering committee members can add comments
about the website.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R0zFRCowvNriyob8GN3aoeJwqW5MEgEZgBbotOPNRpc/edit

I hope this is helpful for everyone.

Bev
Show Replies 1 Reply
Olga Maximová
Mon, 6 Sep 2021 08:00:00 +0200
Dear all,

It looks like the most convenient date and time for our post conference
wrap up is on
*7th October 2021 at 5pm CEST time.*

I have sent you calendar invites and copy the invitation below as well:

------
Tým Czechitas is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: womENcourage2021 SC and OC meeting
Time: Oct 7, 2021 05:00 PM Prague Bratislava

[More ...]
No Replies
Olga Maximová
Wed, 1 Sep 2021 15:05:50 +0200
Dear Steering Committee,

I have created a Doodle Poll for us to vote and agree on the best date and
time to meet after the womENcourage conference.

Please vote here
<https://doodle.com/poll/m4dw2wx4ni39htm8?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link>

We used to meet on Fridays at 3pm and so I left that option open as well.

As to one last meeting before the conference, unfortunately with the start
of the new semester, kids returning to school, work picking up, we could
not find a suitable date. Please feel free to reach out via email or Slack
for anything you need to discuss.

[More ...]
No Replies
Olga Maximová
Wed, 1 Sep 2021 14:50:46 +0200
Dear all,

On our call between SC and OC we agreed to share the video
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZSwD3w_mo>that has been created by our
team for the support of the conference publicity.

It is now on YouTube, please could you share it on your and ACM/ACM-W
social media channels as we discussed?

Many thanks,
Olga

*Olga Maximová*
*Head of HR&Shared Services*
+420 776 196 800

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Olga Maximová
Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:51:48 +0200
Dear all,

Thank you for your time today. I added notes from today's meeting to the August
reporting
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dd3teBZ_6ndwfmwvW4spbYMD16hgm8Gh3sBPuYyWrBQ/edit#>,
last page.

See you soon - before the conference.

Have a nice weekend,
Olga

*Olga Maximová*
*Head of HR&Shared Services*
+420 776 196 800

Václavské náměstí 837/11 (Budova DAREX), 110 00 Praha - Nové Město

* <https://www.czechitas.cz/> <https://www.facebook.com/czechitas/>
<https://www.instagram.com/czechitas/> <https://twitter.com/czechitas>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/czechitas>*
[image: https://www.czechitas.cz/cs/] <https://www.czechitas.cz/>

--
Podzimní vzdělávání se blíží. Můžeš si vybrat z 23 intenzivních kurzů!
<https://www.czechitas.cz/kalendar>

Thanks for responding to the poll. It looks like the most popular 9th at 11am CET.
Looking forward to seeing you then.

Best Regards,
Josephina
Show Replies 2 Replies
Josephina Antoniou
Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:34:42 +0000
Hi everyone,
How are you? I hope you had a nice summer.

Let’s have a meeting in early September to coordinate on progress for the womENcourage 2022.

Can you please complete the following poll so that we can find the best time to have a meeting?
https://doodle.com/poll/pq22qy465prh4p6a?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

Thankyou,
Josephina

Dr Josephina Antoniou, BA, MSc, PhD, FHEA
Assistant Professor in Computing, Course Leader of MSc Computing

[More ...]
No Replies
Bara Buhnova
Tue, 17 Aug 2021 18:03:37 +0200
*

Dear womENcourage SC,

We are so excited about the upcoming conference and sending a report on
our progress. The key aspects of the past month were:

**

Program Chair

*

We are in communication with the speakers to collect all the
information (photo, bio, confirmation of the date, time, etc.) and
be ready to put it in the virtualization platform. The speakers were
given a free-registration code and we are tracking that they all
register, so that they get on Slack and the platform.

[More ...]
No Replies
Olga Maximová
Sun, 1 Aug 2021 16:25:36 +0200
Dear Steering Committee,

Thank you for voting in the Doodle poll. It seems like most of us can make
it on 11 August between 12.30 - 13.00

I have sent a ZOOM invite but I am adding the details below as well.

Tým Czechitas is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/98752516997?pwd=OEo2QVpEUDJMenUwQlhLbkllb3kwdz09
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://zoom.us/j/98752516997?pwd%3DOEo2QVpEUDJMenUwQlhLbkllb3kwdz09&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1628259343549462&usg=AOvVaw1ItyELzyNtB5BPBtvZKrxZ>

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Olga Maximová
Tue, 27 Jul 2021 12:39:35 +0200
Dear Steering Committee,

We would like to offer an alternative day and time for our monthly meeting
to compensate for the one that was cancelled last Friday.

Please vote in the Doodle Poll by the end of this week.

I will then schedule a meeting for the most preferred date and time.

https://doodle.com/poll/wninencdgbtxdhmd?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

thank you,
Olga and Bara

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 19 Jul 2021 06:23:40 -0700
Hi everyone,

Here is the link for the agenda and minutes for today's meeting at 16 CET.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vf9nidSDukRglBRZsTHCZfks8GuYtZoTFEcts4PBaH4/edit?usp=sharing

See you then on Skype.

Bev Bachmayer
Chair, ACM Steering Committee
No Replies
Olga Maximová
Thu, 15 Jul 2021 09:39:08 +0200
Dear Steering Committee,

We hope you are well and enjoying summer.

Bara and I are sending our monthly reporting below. It is also available on
our shared drive
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1Oo6wv6ndSpIZH3k272z6Br379F4Ks1km>
.

I*mportant note*: I apologise in advance for cancelling this month's
monthly meeting which was scheduled for 23.7.2021 due to unforeseen
circumstances. I will offer you an alternative date soon.

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Thu, 1 Jul 2021 21:11:34 +0200
Hi Poonam,

Hope this message finds you well after this year of pandemic. I hope the
family is well.

As you may know, I am chair of the steering committee for womENcourage
Celebrations of Women in Computing. In 2023 womENcourage will be in its
10th year, at this stage we have planned 2021 in Prague planned (online)
and we have the hosts for 2022 committed. We have always considered
bringing womENcourage back to the UK in its 10th or 11th year. Do you know
if you could help us find a host for 2023 or perhaps 2024.

[More ...]
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Tue, 29 Jun 2021 15:17:56 +0000
Dear Agnes,

Hope this message finds you well after another busy IOI week. We are getting closer to IOI 2023 in Hungary dedicated to the anniversary of John von Neumann.

As you know, we hosted the 7th ACM Celebration of Women in Computing: womENcourage 2020 in Baku https://womencourage.acm.org/2020/ unfortunately we had to move it online. I am currently in the Steering Committee for womENcourage (tm) program.

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Rukiye ALTIN
Fri, 25 Jun 2021 20:02:45 +0300
Dear All,

I am sorry that I forgot to let you all know. We had graduation ceremony today so I couldn’t join the meeting. Please let me know if something should be done by me.

Best,
Rukiye

Sent from my iPhone
No Replies
Araz Yusubov (ACM)
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 14:46:50 +0000
Dear Bara,Alexandra is our wizard behind the womENcourage website and must be the Facebook page you mentioned.
Dear Alexandra,Let me first say hello from the City of Winds. Another suggestion from last year, perhaps adding one person from the local OC as an Editor to the page is good idea for quick updates.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Bachmayer
Sun, 20 Jun 2021 08:08:00 -0400
Happy Sunday everyone,

Our meeting is scheduled for tomorrow at 16:00 CET,

At this point no one has submitted an expression of interest for 2023,
therefore we will need to start reaching out to people for submissions.
Think about where we might want to have the event considering we are in
Prague this year and Cyprus next year.

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Bara Buhnova
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 08:36:02 +0200
*

Dear womENcourage SC,

We hope you are safe and healthy, enjoying the arrival of Summer.

We are sending a report on our womENcourage 2021 conference
preparations. The key aspects of the past month were:

Conference (General) Chairs

*

Currently working with the external partner Guarant on the online
platform- testing and reviewing. Supporting our teams - finalising
and closing the deals with supporters, helping with publicity,
testing registrations, filling the program.

[More ...]
No Replies
Olga Maximová
Tue, 18 May 2021 19:18:33 +0200
Dear Steering Committee,

we are sending you our monthly reporting. You can also find it in our shared
area
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zXSFSaM9Rd-r-jrw9RSGPiiLl7ZIyIRQ9OmXccISuKY/edit#>
.

Monthly reporting and meeting - May 2021

womENcourage 2021

May 15, 2021 Czechitas reporting to ACM
Show Replies 4 Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Wed, 12 May 2021 14:26:51 +0200
Hello my dear colleagues,

I am sending this quick friendly reminder that we have our Monthly Steering
Committee meeting scheduled for next Monday 17th of May at 16:00.

I will be working on the agenda in the next two days so if you would like
to discuss something specifically please let me know.

Additionally let me know if you cannot attend, as always we will have
minutes available for your perusal.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lennon Ruth
Sat, 8 May 2021 14:51:37 +0000
Hi All,

I hope everyone is well. I am the academic co-chair for the virtual Grace Hopper Celebration for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (vGHC EMEA) which will be held virtually from 25-27 May. I have kept a number of free tickets for my ACM committees and working groups. If you would like to attend the vGHC EMEA and you can sign up for it today, then please use the link below. If you are interested, you can use the link below or go to the website directly and use the code. I may have missed the names of

[More ...]
No Replies
Dorota Filipczuk
Thu, 6 May 2021 18:33:51 +0100
Hi All,

The Organising Committee considered the option of having a 4-day programme
and decided to keep the original 3-day programme. A link to the programme:
https://womencourage.acm.org/2021/program/.

I'm collecting our feedback on the programme here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ypm5z_XaEcfvPCfKRUuPa70_dHFq9q2dROYj5tyX10/edit?usp=sharing.
The meeting to discuss this feedback with Bara and Dita will be on 14 May
2021 at 13:00 CEST. If you are available to join the meeting, the link to
the video call is also in this Doc. Otherwise, if you have any further
comments, questions or suggestions regarding the programme, please add them
to this Doc, so we can make sure that they

[More ...]
No Replies
Josephina Antoniou
Tue, 27 Apr 2021 13:44:34 +0000
Hi everyone,
It looks like this is the most convenient time for our follow up.

Please use the link below to join the meeting on the 24th of May, at 11am CET (12 noon Cyprus time).

See you all then,
Josephina
No Replies
Josephina Antoniou
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 07:06:49 +0000
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is well
.
I am sending an email for a follow up meeting for the organisation of womENcourage 2022.

Can you please enter your availability for the proposed slots during the last week of May? Here is the doodle poll link:
https://doodle.com/poll/332g4v6s5crkkb7z?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

Thank you & Best Regards,
Josephina

Dr Josephina Antoniou,BA, MSc, PhD, FHEA
Assistant Professor in Computing, Course Leader MSc Computing

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:33:23 +0200
Hi Bara and Olga

I am pleased to let you know that we have new members of the
womENcourage(TM) Steering Committee. Note all are included in the
womENcourage email list.
Please welcome

Araz Yusubov, ADA University focusing on Registrations [log in to unmask]
Paloma Diaz Universidad Carlos III de Madrid will focus on Posters
Taras Panchenko, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv will focus on
Hackathon [log in to unmask]

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Araz Yusubov (ACM)
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 06:44:07 +0000
Dear colleagues,Greetings from the City of Winds.Well received,Araz

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 10:40:03 AM GMT+4, MARIA PALOMA DIAZ PEREZ <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Received!Paloma

El 20 abr 2021, a las 8:06, Bev Bachmayer <[log in to unmask]> escribió:

Hi everyone
It appears that the additions to the email list have been made.  please respond that you received this email so I make sure that everything is working properly.
Thanks
Bev

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 08:05:45 +0200
Hi everyone

It appears that the additions to the email list have been made. please
respond that you received this email so I make sure that everything is
working properly.

Thanks

Bev
Show Replies 5 Replies
Núria Castell
Mon, 19 Apr 2021 12:10:45 +0200
Dear All,

@Dorota, thanks a lot for all your work.

Just a comment still about calendar.

EoI submission will be on June 17 and notification of success will be on
June 25.

For reviewing, the Process details says: "Each EoI will be reviewed by
the womENcourage Steering Committee and followed up by a conference call
to discuss the proposal.". Maybe just one week will be quite short to
review the proposals and organise conference calls with all the
candidates (of course, depending on the number of candidates, it will
more or less easy).

[More ...]
No Replies
Bara Buhnova
Thu, 15 Apr 2021 19:26:59 +0200
*

Dear womENcourage SC,

We hope you are safe and healthy, enjoying some Spring days.

We are sending a short report on our womENcourage 2021 conference
preparations. The three key aspects of the past month (besides all
others) were:

1.

PublicityDistributing the call for posters, workshops and tutorials

We are receiving very nice feedback on the publicity, publicity material
is in our Publicity folder
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1DnzOq-qAE2wXOOFZuKljSefjV7SBf_cU>

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Dorota Filipczuk
Tue, 13 Apr 2021 17:29:13 +0100
Dear All,

As discussed in the last meeting, I have reviewed the call documents. Here
are the updated links:

- EoI submission template:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JbnmpLf385N74v_ze8UxhTVqnIXdkpk8/view?usp=sharing
- EoI submission form: https://forms.gle/meb73W21AXLvfkGE9
- Full Proposal template:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10QiEIxQqZz0vBa8vnjzrXlNt0X5bT-2f/view?usp=sharing
- Full Proposal submission form: https://forms.gle/FPzH7m8Zax963JVz9

Here is the updated website draft for this call:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BCHJNRLQOoeyiS20AMv51Vj0wCRLQOr5j1BcBl6jPiA/edit?usp=sharing
.

Please let me know what you think of these dates:

- EoI submission deadline: 13 May 2021 23:59 AoE
- Notification of a successful EoI proposal: by 21 May 2021
- Full Proposal deadline: 15 July 2021 23:59 AoE
- Notification of a successful Proposal: by 20 August 2021

[More ...]
Show Replies 18 Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Tue, 13 Apr 2021 15:19:28 +0200
Hi everyone,

This is a sfriendly reminder that the womENcourage(TM) Steering Committee
meeting is next Monday the 19th of April at 16:00CET.

I will be updating the meeting notice today, so expect to see it in your
inbox and on your calendars.

Looking forward to speaking to all of you next Monday.

Bev Bachmayer
Chair womENcourage Steering Committee
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bara Buhnova
Fri, 9 Apr 2021 12:15:00 +0200
Dear Ruth (or others), could you please forward the following message to
the past participants of womENcourage, who opted in to receive
information about the conference? We will be very grateful. Thank you!
Bara and the team

Dear womENcourage community,

On behalf of the Conference chairs of the *8th ACM Celebration of Women
in Computing: womENcourage™ 2021* (https://womencourage.acm.org/2021) we
would like to kindly invite you to joinin us this year again, and also
help us to distribute the following message among your colleagues and
friends.

[More ...]
No Replies
Araz Yusubov (ACM)
Tue, 30 Mar 2021 07:07:03 +0000
Dear Bev,
The date/time should be alright.
As for email, [log in to unmask] is alright, but for calendar requests I need [log in to unmask] to be included. Hence, you may want to add both emails or keep in mind my ADA email for meeting requests.

Many thanks,Araz

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 2:18:41 AM GMT+4, Bev Bachmayer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Fri, 26 Mar 2021 07:12:16 -0700
somehow the meeting notice has disappeared from my calendar.

Can you please send the link to join the meeting?

Bev
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 05:41:40 -0700
Dear Ulduz,

Through your work with the past ACM-WE Celebrations and ACM related
activities, we recognize your exceptional commitment and dedication to
supporting women in computing.

The ACM-W Europe, a standing committee of the ACM-W, supports, celebrates,
and advocates internationally for the full engagement of women in all
aspects of the computing field, providing a wide range of programs and
services to ACM members and working in the larger community to advance the
contributions of technical women. In order to achieve our goals the ACM-W
Europe established a number of working groups. From your previous work you
will have engaged

[More ...]
Show Replies 5 Replies
Bev Backmayer
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 05:39:29 -0700
Dear Taras,

Through your work with the past ACM-WE Celebrations and ACM related
activities, we recognize your exceptional commitment and dedication to
supporting women in computing.

The ACM-W Europe, a standing committee of the ACM-W, supports, celebrates,
and advocates internationally for the full engagement of women in all
aspects of the computing field, providing a wide range of programs and
services to ACM members and working in the larger community to advance the
contributions of technical women. In order to achieve our goals the ACM-W
Europe established a number of working groups. From your previous work you
will have engaged

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 05:34:53 -0700
Dear Paloma,

Through your work with the past ACM-WE Celebrations and ACM related
activities, we recognize your exceptional commitment and dedication to
supporting women in computing.

The ACM-W Europe, a standing committee of the ACM-W, supports, celebrates,
and advocates internationally for the full engagement of women in all
aspects of the computing field, providing a wide range of programs and
services to ACM members and working in the larger community to advance the
contributions of technical women. In order to achieve our goals the ACM-W
Europe established a number of working groups. From your previous work you
will have engaged

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Bev Backmayer
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 05:29:00 -0700
Dear Araz

Through your work with the past ACM-WE Celebrations and ACM related
activities, we recognize your exceptional commitment and dedication to
supporting women in computing.

The ACM-W Europe, a standing committee of the ACM-W, supports, celebrates,
and advocates internationally for the full engagement of women in all
aspects of the computing field, providing a wide range of programs and
services to ACM members and working in the larger community to advance the
contributions of technical women. In order to achieve our goals the ACM-W
Europe established a number of working groups. From your previous work you
will have engaged

[More ...]
No Replies
Olga Maximová
Tue, 16 Mar 2021 16:41:49 +0100
Dear Steering Committee,

apologies for the slight delay with the monthly reporting. You can find it
here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QYIkhgwGFCHP0WRgu1NANK_dx8mUTPcC9bTUSRlLfL4/edit#>.
Please let me know should you have any burning questions or concerns before
the meeting. If none, we look forward to speaking to you next week.

With regards,
Olga and Bara

*Olga Maximová*
*Head of HR&Shared Services*
+420 776 196 800

Czechitas z.s.
Václavské náměstí 837/11 (Budova DAREX), 110 00 Praha - Nové Město

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 15 Mar 2021 09:34:47 +0100
Hello everyone,

We have a meeting scheduled for today at 4PM CET.

I am proposing that we change the meeting to Next Monday the 22nd of March
as I believe we will get a report from Prague this coming Friday and then
we can discuss it.

Will this work for everyone if I push it out a week?

[More ...]
Show Replies 5 Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:18:19 +0100
Hi,

I finally looked at the letter we used to invite the last Steering
Committee members.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1n3kZ7LuM1gsyXSfgQxMfDQxfO19KXCbR

Can all of you look at it and make changes in the document, I know we
talked about the amount of time needed, Please let me know if this is
accurate.

In the meeting we agreed that we should invite Araz, Paloma, Ulduz and
Taras, If anyone has other suggestions please let me know.

[More ...]
Show Replies 4 Replies
Núria Castell
Mon, 15 Feb 2021 13:58:24 +0100
Dear all,

I'm not sure whether the meeting of SC for today at 16:00 CET is
confirmed or not.

Thanks for clarification.

Kind regards

Núria

No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 15 Feb 2021 09:54:20 +0100
Hi,

Reminder for our meeting today. One agenda item is to discuss additional
members for the Steering Committee. And timing for the Call for 2023
womENcourage.

Talk to you Soon

Bev
No Replies
Olga Maximová
Fri, 22 Jan 2021 15:28:26 +0100
Dear Bev, Nuria and Dorota,

these are our fees as we are currently discussing.

REGISTRATION Registration form

REGISTRATION FEES – physical attendance

Early registration

until 20.7.2021

Late registration

until 10.9.2021

On-site registration

from 21.9.2021

Student ACM Member

60

100

125

Student Non-member

110

150

175

ACM Member

230

310

350

Non-member

330

380

450

REGISTRATION FEES – virtual attendance

Early registration

until 20.7.2021

Late registration

until 10.9.2021

On-site registration

from 21.9.2021

Student ACM Member

40

70

85

Student Non-member

70

100

120

ACM Member

160

205

250

Non-member

220

250

300

*Olga Maximová*
*Head of HR&Shared Services*
+420 776 196

[More ...]
No Replies
Josephina Antoniou
Wed, 20 Jan 2021 13:48:32 +0000

No Replies
Olga Maximová
Fri, 15 Jan 2021 16:09:51 +0100
Dear womENcourage SC,

We hope that you enjoyed the Christmas break and managed to have some good
family time.

We are sending a short report on our womENcourage 2021 conference
preparations. The report is also filed
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nkmvFcUa19pv7HxcmFiWdaOlX8uHj9kJGjHDREsC4PI/edit#>
on our shared drive.

1.

Website
Our website is now ready to be published next week on Tuesday 19.1.
2021. Please visit https://womencourage.acm.org/2021/ We keep updating
it regularly.

[More ...]
No Replies
Nuria Castell Ariño
Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:55:49 +0100
Dear all,

please change my email address on your agendas and any mailing lists you
could manage.

My account [log in to unmask] is not working correctly. For instance, I
didn't receive the message from Olga on January 6th. Could you resent it
to me?

Please, use my email <[log in to unmask]> from now on.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Kind regards.

Núria

El 14/01/2021 a las 20:06, Bev Backmayer escribió:

> Hello Olga,
>
> Thanks so much.  We are meeting next Monday (18^th ) and will discuss
> this and send you comments.
>
> Looking forward to meeting with you next Friday.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 20:29:02 +0100
Steering Committee Meeting at 4PM on Monday where we will review the budget from Prague.

Please fill out the doodle from Josephine for the meeting for Cyprus in February.

https://doodle.com/poll/zv8nrmuqihiqwayc?utm_source=poll <https://doodle.com/poll/zv8nrmuqihiqwayc?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link> &utm_medium=link

Our Agenda is here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pWTq8KvuWaIkXcegpy7yUd-jqhhUpWeJD-eVkXTkTHk/edit

Please check out the agenda and summit comments.

Bev
Show Replies 2 Replies
Josephina Antoniou
Mon, 11 Jan 2021 13:12:58 +0000
Hi everyone and happy New Year!
I hope you are all doing well.

As agreed, I am sending an email for a follow up meeting for the organisation of womENcourage 2022, just to allow for an update and also for a chance to discuss any questions after going through the “lessons learned” from previous organisations of the event.

[More ...]
No Replies
Olga Maximová
Wed, 6 Jan 2021 17:33:50 +0100
Dear Steering Committee,

we hope you had a wonderful Christmas break and time to reflect and rest.

We enclose our budget proposal for the hybrid version of our conference. It
would be great to have your thoughts on it during our call on the 22
January 2021 - or earlier if you wish.

Once we have the budget approved we will start work on the approval form.
Ruth, would it please be possible for you to schedule a 30 min call with us
some time in February in case we need some more guidance with this?

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Marcia Boalen
Tue, 29 Dec 2020 21:24:34 +0000
Dear Cigdem:

The one (1) listserv and the six (6) email aliases are now in place.

Thanks,
Marcia