ACMWE_SC Archives

acmwe_sc

ACMWE_SC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Options: Use Classic View
Show Table of Contents

Josephina Antoniou
Mon, 26 Oct 2020 10:33:09 +0000
Reply
Hi all,
We have managed to find an earlier November slot for our meeting, on Tuesday November 3rd, at 10am UK time.
Please follow the link below to join the Teams meeting.

Looking forward to e-seeing everyone.

Best Regards,
Josephina
Reply
No Replies
Dorota Filipczuk
Mon, 19 Oct 2020 20:33:33 +0100
Reply
Hi Marek,

Let me introduce you to Alexandra (cc'd), who can help with access to the
website. Please contact her directly ([log in to unmask]) to
organise creating the instance for the womENcourage website for 2021 and
give you access to it.

Kind regards,

Dorota Filipczuk
womENcourage Steering Committee Member
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 19 Oct 2020 09:03:54 +0200
Reply
Please find the agenda here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ADqG5UlPGkqs8PV6ehivbsNhQj5rfYptf11an7-5q8/edit

Talk to you soon.
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Thu, 15 Oct 2020 07:44:09 +0200
Reply
Hi Everyone,

Here is a reminder for our meeting next Monday at 4PM, you should have an
appointment on your calendar.

I will post an agenda on the Drive.

Bev
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 28 Sep 2020 15:23:30 +0200
Reply
Dear Dita, Olga, and Ondrej,

Thanks so much for arranging and presenting the announcement for
womENcourage 2021 on Sunday. It was a perfect introduction to Prague.

I would like to also start working on the communication between the
steering committee and the organizing team.

The first step is to set up a mailing list which includes all team
members, ACM headquarters will create for us a womENcourage 2021 mailing
list which can be used to communicate to all team members.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Mon, 21 Sep 2020 09:08:38 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

We have a meeting scheduled today at 16 CET or 15 UK time.

I would like to hold the meeting in case we have urgent items to discuss.
Additionally I would like to schedule a meeting for next Monday at 4PM as a
wrap up to the event and invite Araz and others.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 4 Replies
Bev Backmayer
Tue, 1 Sep 2020 18:59:31 +0200
Reply
Dear Dr. Antoniou,

It is our pleasure to inform you of the decision by the womENcourage
Steering Committee regarding your proposal to host the ACM Celebration of
Women in Computing: womENcourage 2022 at the University of Central
Lancashire Cyprus (UCLan Cyprus) is successful. We are impressed with the
quality of your proposal and wish to thank you for the care and the effort
you put in preparing the proposal.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 6 Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 09:05:06 +0200
Reply
Good Morning,

I have sent the letter to Prague, using the letter from last year as a
template.

For Cyprus, I have started the letter, and would like advice. Please take
a look.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1glJWhCGZ3x1iUsMkANgaBJidTEWXvc7IxZrsGrNWcwQ/edit

Bev
Reply
Show Replies 5 Replies
Nuria Castell - UPC
Mon, 24 Aug 2020 13:07:07 +0200
Reply
Dear all,

I think not everybody has received this information.

I tried to contact with the president of Czechitas association, and she
answered me. She tried to contact with Ondřej Čejka who was in charge of
the proposal.

At the end we have the answers to our final questions about their proposal.

Let's talk this afternoon.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Mon, 17 Aug 2020 16:44:46 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone.

I would like to apologize for forgetting to send out the reminder for the
meeting today and for not sending the update about the proposals.

Cypress claims the final draft will be available later today, unfortunately
too late for the meeting today. But they are happy to do 2022 as well as
2021.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 3 Replies
Rukiye ALTIN
Tue, 4 Aug 2020 11:49:00 +0300
Reply
Dear friends,

Hope you are all doing fine. The registration is started as you all know. The discount code for the committee members is: COMMITEE2020

I made the limit as 20. Do we know how many people will get this code? So I can increase or decrease the number.

Please register with this code.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Thu, 30 Jul 2020 16:21:12 +0000
Reply
Hello, Bev

I was going to send the next update to all supporters. Will make it part of the message to them.

We can expand the Registration promo para to be used for distribution. Hope it does make sense.

Many thanks, Araz
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Thu, 30 Jul 2020 15:00:47 +0000
Reply
Dear Ruth,

I don't know the procedures exactly. If we need to have a meeting with ACM, could you please kindly lead the way?

We have agreed on the budget file I guess. The attached is the last one, where I decreased the committee travel as per the suggestions.

Let's do it - I very much look forward for further advice from you.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Backmayer
Wed, 29 Jul 2020 18:56:26 +0200
Reply
Hi Araz,

Can you please help with a message that supporters can post to their student
mailing lists.

Google has specifically asked for this and I can ask all previous supporters
to distribute.

I need to get it to them for their 1st of the month mailing.

Bev
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:28:08 +0000
Reply
Dear Adriana,

Thanks for adding me to the discussion.

Agree - would keep the message positive. But we want extra motivation to visit us later.

If we get Facebook support (hello, supporters team?), too - we can produce T-Shirt for everybody after the event, too.

So we would ask everybody on this point about their size. The message is - visit us - if you are international participant you will get your welcome pack anyway - but in addition you can get also your T-Shirt if quick enough.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Rukiye ALTIN
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:34:58 +0300
Reply
Dear Friends,

Registration set-up is done. Can you please check once
<https://www.cvent.com/events/acm-celebration-of-women-in-computing-womencourage-2020/event-summary-85986967f16d496c86377d441212830c.aspx?tw=FF-DD-D3-81-D9-B9-E3-82-AF-ED-4C-D7-45-86-1A-F9>
again and confirm?

I have two questions;

1. CVENT said student id card is asking on most of the events and one of
us should check the ids every-time a student registered. Do we really need
this? We had never had this question before.
2. I talked with Araz, he said Baku will not mail any shirts, and
registrants need to come and pick up from the university. He said they
budged 100 t-shirts and they need the sizes.. This may confuse the
registrants but he suggests to

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 5 Replies
Rukiye ALTIN
Sun, 26 Jul 2020 19:49:23 +0300
Reply
Dear friends,

I hope you are doing well. The registration page is almost complete. Can
you please check the link
<https://www.cvent.com/events/acm-we-celebration-of-women-in-computing-womencourage-2020/event-summary-85986967f16d496c86377d441212830c.aspx?tw=FF-DD-D3-81-D9-B9-E3-82-AF-ED-4C-D7-45-86-1A-F9>to
test if everything is fine?

I found two things that will be taken care of by CVENT but haven't replied
yet.

1. Non-member profession is asking for student id card too
2. There is an extra receipt ticket at the end which I have no idea
about the meaning.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 2 Replies
Araz Yusubov
Sat, 25 Jul 2020 14:06:16 +0000
Reply
Dear Bev,

We had a final look at the womENcourage 2020 budget put into the ACM template - during the yesterday's call. Please see it attached and kindly review - before I send it to ACM headquarters for further processing - I guess it is the next step, isn't it?

Have a nice day,
Araz
Reply
Show Replies 2 Replies
Araz Yusubov
Thu, 23 Jul 2020 22:00:09 +0000
Reply

Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Wed, 22 Jul 2020 18:45:00 +0000
Reply

Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Wed, 22 Jul 2020 15:28:11 +0200
Reply
Please see the link below which is the rubric that we used for the decision
last year. Can you please point out to me the areas where you think you
need more information. I have that the student residences are 35-45 euros,
can you please see if anything else stands out to you and just send me a
note, so I can send it along to them.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Wed, 22 Jul 2020 12:04:56 +0000
Reply
Dear colleagues,

Please see attached both the last approved budget put into the ACM template and the last draft of the program as Excel files. Both are to be uploaded to the shared folder, too.

Many thanks,
Araz
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Backmayer
Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:25:58 +0200
Reply
Hi All,

Here is the google doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uBlWfFb23Oc2qAYWgUtYtv7PahuGcO6biFbmvHWn
ExY/edit?usp=sharing

Please make changes and comments in the doc with a goal to get this
completed by July 31.

Thanks

Bev
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Mon, 20 Jul 2020 15:17:43 +0000
Reply
Hello, Bev

Yes, sure - I will keep the slots free. If you send the meeting request - I will be able to see exact hours.

Many thanks, Araz
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:06:28 +0200
Reply
Hi Araz,

The steering committee would like to have a meeting on Wednesday 22nd July
either at 4PM or 5PM CET. Is it possible for you to attend at this time?

Bev
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Rukiye ALTIN
Sun, 19 Jul 2020 11:37:53 +0300
Reply
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all doing fine. The onlin registration supposed to be opened tomorrow, however the website is not ready yet. I am still waiting for CVENT to finish the building.

It tooK longer because I waited for the workshop dates but it was not ready and I asked Brenda (from CVENT) to build at least the site so we could add workshop schedule later. I think we need one more week, so can we postpone the online registration date to 27 July?

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 5 Replies
Bev Backmayer
Wed, 15 Jul 2020 20:42:45 +0200
Reply
Hi,

I will send agenda in the next few days. Please let me know if you can
attend.

Bev
Reply
No Replies
Lennon Ruth
Tue, 7 Jul 2020 17:02:38 +0000
Reply
Hi All,

Due to minor structural changes to the ACM-W Europe Executive Committee roles I have had to rename the womENcourage Steering Committee folder. Previously named 'Celebrations Steering Committee' I have renamed it 'womENcourage Steering Committee'. This was done due to new Regional requirements. We have a Celebrations Chair which will focus on supporting regional celebrations. I do not want them mixed up with the work of our womENcourage event which is our flagship event. Both are still working groups of the ACM-W Europe. Sorry for the inconvenience.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Wed, 1 Jul 2020 18:07:55 +0200
Reply
Dear Ondrej,

Thanks again for your proposal for hosting womENcourage 2021. The steering
committee appreciates your detailed proposal.

We are very interested in your proposal and have placed it in first place.
However, we would like to get clarification on a few points. You are
welcome to answer by email or perhaps it is more efficient for you to have
a short conference call to discuss these topics.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 3 Replies
Bev Backmayer
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 21:39:48 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

Really appreciate the collaboration on the letter.

Please check it again I have tried to respond and fix all the issues you
pointed out. I hope I got everything, I will send it tomorrow to Ondrej,
in the afternoon.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13wDs96v-VOIIKC6jCG_rNB8KedmZLrnBDUvk0glU
BfM/edit

Thanks again,

Bev
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 21:09:52 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your comments and suggestions today in the meeting. I
really appreciate your insight and input into this.

I have put together a letter for the proposal
You find it here, please comment
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13wDs96v-VOIIKC6jCG_rNB8KedmZLrnBDUvk0glUBfM/edit

Please edit questions and comments or just add your changes so I can send
it by end of day tomorrow.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 3 Replies
Bev Backmayer
Sat, 20 Jun 2020 20:59:05 +0200
Reply
Just to let everyone know that we forgot to update the section of the
proposal document regarding online and in place contingency plans.

I gave prague some pointers and agreed that they could submit on Monday,
especially since all of us are reviewing posters.

I will upload to the drive and send a link on Monday.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Tue, 9 Jun 2020 19:45:57 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

The steering committee meeting is scheduled for next Monday at 16:00
Central European time,

I am working on the meeting minutes here.

Bev
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Mon, 18 May 2020 17:33:12 +0200
Reply
Dear Dr. Saidat Onashoga,

I hope this email finds you in good health and you are weathering the
pandemic well.

Thanks so much for your proposal for womENcourage 2021. We would like to
get further information about your proposal, please complete the full
proposal template which includes a detailed budget breakdown by 19th of
June, 2020.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Mon, 18 May 2020 17:19:25 +0200
Reply
Dear Ondrej

I hope this email finds you in good health and you are weathering the
pandemic well.

Thanks so much for your proposal for womENcourage 2021. We would like to
get further information about your proposal, please complete the full
proposal template which includes a detailed budget breakdown by 19th of
June, 2020.

These are difficult times with Covid-19 in our midst, which requires
flexibility from everyone. At this time we are very busy with the
organizing team of 2020 for changing the event to a virtual online event.
Therefore we ask your patience in our responses as we

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 18 May 2020 10:46:16 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

I just sent a meeting update for today at 4pm, from our meeting last week
we planned to meet again today at 4PM.

Please let me know if you cannot attend.

Bev
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Bachmayer
Tue, 12 May 2020 21:01:27 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

Since the steering committee meeting at 4PM on Third Monday has been taken
over because of the covid crisis, is there another time we can discuss
this week regarding the event for next year.

Main Topics:

2021 call
Branding status
New topics.

I have sent an email where you can review the proposals and the email I
suggest to send to the proposers. Please make comments or suggestions.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 11 May 2020 14:22:38 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

I have put a draft letter for the two proposals in the drive here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vy5Qn5TOiYsLtYqJCRDxPq-Rr_R9YWEJWYrXIg8ozno/edit

Please review when you have a few minutes. I would like to get this sent
out before the 15th as we promised.

Thanks,

Bev
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Backmayer
Fri, 8 May 2020 17:18:13 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

I have put the two call responses into the call folder here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1AaPHhR_rMYy5ULPgiMtSKH72Pups0wU
Z>
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1AaPHhR_rMYy5ULPgiMtSKH72Pups0wUZ

My suggestion at this point is to send both an email and ask them to
continue working on their proposals with the full call documents. We need
to inform Prague, that if Araz would like to hold next year, we might need
to push thiers out to 2022.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 2 Replies
Devin Schumacher
Wed, 29 Apr 2020 09:11:19 -0700
Reply
H I hope you're the right person for this question

Devin here with SERP Co – Our mission is to help businesses grow.

I’m reaching out because I reading
https://listserv.acm.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?A2=1810D&L=CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS&D=0&H=A&P=15430033

I recently published an awesome piece of content about Social Media
Marketing that would make a great addition to your article – as an
additional resource, or even a replacement to the site you currently link
to: https://journals.sagepub.com/home/sms.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Sonya Schwartz
Tue, 28 Apr 2020 11:58:22 +0000
Reply
Hey, great stuff you got there ---

I know you get 1000s of these emails a day and I don't want to waste your
time. This will just be quick... pinky promise ;)

I noticed that you linked to match.com on online dating at
https://listserv.acm.org/scripts/wa-acmlpx.cgi?a2=0404b&l=chi-web&d=0&s=b&p=6666770
.

Without beating around the bush, I have spent a lot of time putting
together an awesome resource on online dating (
https://hernorm.com/online-dating-statistics/) and it would rock my day if
you'd be willing to reference my resource on your page as well.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Lennon Ruth
Mon, 27 Apr 2020 22:02:51 +0000
Reply
Hi All,

I hope that everyone is safe and keeping well. As you know the ACM-W Europe web site is currently under a process of review and updating. We would like to update the images of each of the members of the ACM-W Europe Committee and the womENcourage SC. We will expand this further to the other working groups once they have established a little better. To help us with this matter please email your high quality image to Cigdem on cc above.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Ondřej Čejka
Sun, 19 Apr 2020 23:15:05 +0200
Reply
Dear Sir / Madam,

Please find attached the filled application for hosting the ACM-WE
womENcourage Celebration next year, 2021.

Would you be so kind and let us know you have received your application?

Kind regards

*Ondřej Čejka*
*Head of **Partnerships*
+420 607 719 464
[log in to unmask]
Czechitas z.s.
Václavské náměstí 11, Praha, 110 00
<https:[log in to unmask],14.4232981,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x470b95c03c605b5f:0x8530b05026b3011c!8m2!3d50.0834838!4d14.4254922>

* <https://www.czechitas.cz/> <https://www.facebook.com/czechitas/>
<https://www.instagram.com/czechitas/> <https://twitter.com/czechitas>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/czechitas>*
*[image: https://www.czechitas.cz/cs/] <https://www.czechitas.cz/>*
Máme i online kurzy programování – pro každého. Prozkoumej je na webu Chci
se učit online <https://www.czechitas.cz/cs/co-delame/chci-se-ucit-online>.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Onashoga, Saidat
Sun, 19 Apr 2020 00:06:08 +0100
Reply
Kindly find attached the filled application form for hosting the 2020
WomENcourage on behalf of the Department of Computer Science, Federal
University of Agriculture Abeokuta Nigeria.

Thanks in anticipation of a positive response

Yours sincerely

Dr. S. Adebukola ONASHOGA
Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science,
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta Nigeria.
+2348033537505
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Thu, 16 Apr 2020 17:09:26 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

Here is the reminder for the meeting on Monday.

I have started the agenda on the drive.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZWemNM69_Y_PE0sb1ivlHlnLqJntPqP64GsmFrtVdDk/edit#

Please make updates and send comments
Talk to you next week.

Bev
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Dorota Filipczuk
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:46:03 +0000
Reply
Hi all,

I hope you are well. I uploaded our photos from Baku to Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uaP7KrHqwqFWMYJtfaG5tAOAzJA7n08H?usp=sharing
.

Best wishes,
Dorota
Reply
No Replies
Aarti Dalvi
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 11:00:12 -0700
Reply
Hi Team,

Hope you are doing well today!
I'm located in Redmond, Washington, United States. Are applications from
all over the world acceptable?

Thank you,
Aarti Dalvi.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/aartidalvi/
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Bachmayer
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 21:40:00 +0100
Reply
Hi Everyone, just a reminder that next Monday we have a meeting at 16:00
CET,

I will be putting the agenda together here
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1ASMWI2RAA01Q-aYtr
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1ASMWI2RAA01Q-aYtre659OmiySXbkqEa>
e659OmiySXbkqEa
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1ASMWI2RAA01Q-aYtre659OmiySXbkqEa>

Let me know if you have questions.

Bev
Reply
No Replies
Lennon Ruth
Sun, 1 Mar 2020 13:24:15 +0000
Reply
Hi All,

I added the LessonsLearned to the Resources folder in the SC folder that way we edit from the Template, make a copy for any new group and always update the template only. I have added information on the required approval form that the ACM needs before any invoice can be paid. I put this under the first Sept heading as it is of paramount importance. Please add anything you wish to the template for the 2021 group before we copy it to their drive. I know this is some time away but I am sure there are more

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Mon, 24 Feb 2020 07:25:31 +0000
Reply
Dear Bev,

Thanks a lot for follow up. We will add more names to the document as needed. Hope to stabilize it by the end of February.

Many thanks, Araz
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 24 Feb 2020 08:02:40 +0100
Reply
Hi Cigdem,

We met in Azerbaijan with Araz and Ulduz this weekend and updated the
mailing list document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eqHKSOZiVccFG4pYsdHyMZ66Ftkee4Z22SeG2VNYImQ/edit>
with
appropriate names.

Can you please initiate the process to get these lists updated and let us
know once it is completed.

Thanks again for your help and patience.

Bev
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Mon, 24 Feb 2020 07:58:39 +0100
Reply
Hi Cigdem,

The steering committee has been working hard on creating the Call for
womENcourage 2021, the text and other docs can be found here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1_LIH7TL6guDberqBpG7KHhHnyEBV_dK3>.
We would like for this to be added to the March 2020 newsletter, added to
the ACM W Europe website, and advertised on Social Media. We expect the
final versions to be ready on Friday 28 February. Can you please let us
know with whom we should work to get this completed?

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 4 Replies
Araz Yusubov
Sun, 23 Feb 2020 21:45:52 +0000
Reply
Dear colleagues,

I would like to thank you all for spending your weekend for the womENcourage 2020 site visit meetings. Hosting this international event at ADA University is an exciting opportunity, and every member has important role to play. Azerbaijan Tourism Board provided a fantastic support.

Special thanks go to International Steering Committee members - Ruth, Adriana, Dorota, Bev and Rukiya, who tirelessly worked with us to finalize some critical points and define the immediate actions.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Lennon Ruth
Sat, 22 Feb 2020 20:15:02 +0000
Reply
Hi All,

I want to see if we could pre-book the accommodation for Baku for the womencourage visit and the associated ACM-W Europe meetings. I only want to get an idea of possible dates and times. We may be able to pre-book the steering committee group flights and accommodation which would be a great help. Booking flights early may help with costs.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Thu, 20 Feb 2020 13:36:07 +0000
Reply
Dear colleagues,

We very much look forward to hosting you in Baku. Please see attached the latest version of the visit program. You will be met in the airport by our drivers holding an ADA University sign.

Dear Ruth, Adriana and Dorota, as you can see we plan to bring you on campus tomorrow and have Ruth to say few words about the womENcourage 2020 at the Academic Excellence Day, where we will have also some industry representatives i.e. potential local sponsors.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Sun, 16 Feb 2020 17:25:42 +0100
Reply
Hi everyone,

Our regularly scheduled meeting is planned for tomorrow, and I would like
to meet if it is possible for all of you.

Topic will be the call for next year. Documents from last year can be
found here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1ZVet4VC00hmV2WaFmvl2xuR-HfR1DPyH

We will review the call for expressions of interest, and then prepare the
draft to be distribute in the newsletter next month.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Thu, 13 Feb 2020 21:37:20 +0000
Reply
Dear colleagues,

Please see attached the current draft. We are to organize airport transfer to hotel.
We will finalize the program with partners from Tourism Board and post it in the shared folder.

Many thanks,
Araz
Reply
Show Replies 2 Replies
Araz Yusubov
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 16:56:46 +0000
Reply
Dear colleagues,

I have got only one confirmation from Bev and one correction from Rukiye. I want to get all comments before finalizing the program.

Please see the draft visit program: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RIh0EZu9mSt3OXHypRAxdhN5_4YDWbhc/view?usp=sharing I expect some changes as

* we do not know your exact check-in/check-out dates/times.
* Please note a special Excellence Day event with early-arrival colleagues.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 3 Replies
Araz Yusubov
Sun, 9 Feb 2020 20:29:37 +0000
Reply
Dear Bev,

Thanks for clarification. I believe, we need to clearly understand division of work between local and international team.
Our understanding was that the ISC will deal with traditional international sponsors, while the local team will work with the local sponsors. What is the strategy here?

Many thanks,
Araz
Reply
Show Replies 2 Replies
Araz Yusubov
Sun, 9 Feb 2020 20:25:54 +0000
Reply
Dear ACM-WE colleagues,

Please see the draft visit program: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RIh0EZu9mSt3OXHypRAxdhN5_4YDWbhc/view?usp=sharing I expect some changes as

* we do not know your exact check-in/check-out dates/times.
* Bev, your return flight seems to be the same time with other 3 colleagues, but the flight number is different in the file. Please double-check.
* Please note a special Excellence Day event with early-arrival colleagues.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Tue, 4 Feb 2020 21:35:16 +0000
Reply
Dear Bev,

Thanks for a prompt response.
Whom do you mean by "supporters"? Do you mean sponsors?

For now please pass any information to me and keep people on copy on CC.

Many thanks,
Araz
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Araz Yusubov
Tue, 4 Feb 2020 20:26:15 +0000
Reply
Dear colleagues,

Hope this message finds you well. We look forward for the International Steering Committee (ISC) Site Visit on 22-23 February. I am putting together the visit program and we have few quick questions:

1. Who are visiting Baku?
2. What was the final hotel arrangement?
3. What are the flight details (arrival/departure)?

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Backmayer
Thu, 23 Jan 2020 18:43:34 +0100
Reply
Hi everyone,

Marcia asked if everyone wants a king bed or two twin room. Please speak up
if you do not want a king.

Additionally it looks like the rooms are very reasonable so if you have to
stay an extra night to get a better or more reasonable flight then please do
so.

I will arrive in the night of the 20th and will return on Monday 24th so I
do not feel like I have to rush out at noon on Sunday.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 17:26:42 +0100
Reply
Hi,

After looking at the current flights and schedules in the spreadsheet, and
after talking to Ruth, it is decided we will travel directly to Baku
sometime on the 21st of February, with the intention of meeting on the 22nd
at 9AM with the organizing team. Please book the most direct flights and
reasonable flights to Baku.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 08:11:17 +0100
Reply
Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

Good morning.

Here is the list I sent to Paola last year for the site visit. Please
comment and edit so we can send it to Araz for their planning. I have put
this on the drive here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ANEc_Vh7_Ado9wdEszeIC3qEujkrc-nanXQuCUp
Xe2M/edit> . It is in the google drive for womENcourage 2020. Please put
changes in the google drive folder.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 14:54:12 +0100
Reply
Hi Alexandra,

Can you please help Araz with getting the credentials to start work on the 2020 womENcourage website.

Let me know if you have questions.

Bev
Reply
Show Replies 2 Replies
Araz Yusubov
Sun, 19 Jan 2020 18:10:17 +0000
Reply
Dear colleagues,

20 January is the Day of Mourning and National Pride commemorating 1990 soviet troops attack in Baku, and our Spring 2020 classes start right after on 21 January, so it will be busy. However the local team aims to meet on Thursday, 23 January, and we may need to consult with you afterwards - next week.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Fri, 17 Jan 2020 14:57:18 +0100
Reply
Hi Organizing team

The steering committee monthly meeting is on Monday the 21st at 16 CET.

It would be nice if we could have an update on the status of the organizing team.

I have not seen an invite for the organizing team meeting, would like to know when it will occur and to get an update on the timeline and program plans.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 4 Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 08:46:44 +0100
Reply
Dear Monica,

As you know Ruth has proposed that you join the ACM W Europe Steering
Committee. The entire committee are happy that you agreed to join us on
the project.

The womENcourage SC promotes the mission and vision of ACM-WE through
facilitating the organization of womENcourage Celebrations. We focus on
all organizational aspects ensuring the quality and continuity of this
important community event.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Bachmayer
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 08:32:53 +0100
Reply
Hi All,

This is to remind you that we have a Steering Committee meeting on 20th of
January at 16:00 CET.

Please check out the Agenda here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XzwnEheRLuDRTrh86NS-TbYX3PexlEVNZpAvYCca8Gk/edit>
!
Please update as this document is a work in progress.

Bev
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Araz Yusubov
Mon, 23 Dec 2019 06:21:20 +0000
Reply
Dear colleagues,

Can we get the list of womENcourage participants/scholarship recipients from Azerbaijan over the years? We have got some list of those we remember, but thought it won't hurt if double-check.

Wishing you all a fantastic festive season ahead.

Many thanks,
Araz
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Backmayer
Tue, 17 Dec 2019 17:31:34 +0100
Reply
Hi Araz,

I have your information to the meeting minutes in the womENcourage 2020 drive <https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1BzWUrM5EukCvLjnOivxqTvEjYZfvzwKd> meeting minutes folder. I think it is useful if we keep all minutes available on the drive, then they will not get lost in the emails.

Additionally, Cigdem has started a template for the mailing lists here <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eqHKSOZiVccFG4pYsdHyMZ66Ftkee4Z22SeG2VNYImQ/edit> .

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Backmayer
Tue, 17 Dec 2019 16:45:57 +0100
Reply
Hi everyone:

I have updated the meeting minutes from our meeting yesterday.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XpXpf0wqa8peFOjUudwQwiNKmmKWkl4dq3vSYvY
U1Yg/edit>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XpXpf0wqa8peFOjUudwQwiNKmmKWkl4dq3vSYvYU
1Yg/edit

Three topics:

Make sure you are available to travel to Azerbaijan on 21 February for
meetings on 22 and 23rd February.

We need to review the next three months of Lessons learned. Should not take
long to go through Feb, March and April

I am updating the mailing list so need details (email address) for Monika
Nugent. She will be invited to the next meeting and will be requested to
join the site visit if she is available. (Ruth, please send introduction.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Tue, 17 Dec 2019 09:49:41 +0000
Reply
Dear colleagues,

It was nice to talk to you yesterday. Below are slightly disorganized actions points:

* Site Visit is 3-4 days - day 0 arrivals, day 1 external visits/meetings (evening - welcome), day 2 internal meetings (evening - departures start), day 3 departures
* Site Visit program is to inspect the venues and to discuss the plans
* Dates for Site Visit is to be confirmed - preliminarily Saturday-Sunday, 22-23 February.
* The Logo draft is generally alright - the colors may change.
* Alexandra to send the credentials to website to Araz to be passed to the local

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Sun, 15 Dec 2019 15:29:45 +0000
Reply

Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Sun, 15 Dec 2019 15:27:15 +0000
Reply
Dear Bev,

Thanks for guidance and reminder. In fact, we were expecting a calendar request - I will send one, so this is in calendars.

As for the Site Visit, is it to be in late January? How many days is the usual program?

Looking forward to 'seeing' you soon.

Many thanks,
Araz
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Sun, 15 Dec 2019 14:12:40 +0100
Reply
Hi Araz,

The Steering committee will be happy to hear your current status at the
steering committee meeting tomorrow at 16:CET and 19:00 Azerbaijani time
zone.

Please come prepared to update us on the status.

The current agenda is the have Ruth to tell us about her current plans for
ACM-W Europe as the new Chair.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Sun, 15 Dec 2019 14:06:38 +0100
Reply
Hi All,

I have updated the meeting agenda and minutes here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XpXpf0wqa8peFOjUudwQwiNKmmKWkl4dq3vSYvYU
1Yg/edit

Please let add your name if you plan to attend and update on
current status as indicated.

Bev
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Sun, 15 Dec 2019 14:01:02 +0100
Reply
Hi Cigdem,

Can you please give us the process for creating new mailing lists. Thanks
Bev

Email addresses for 2020: Stick with just the
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

1. <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] - for
the committee
2. <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask]
3. [log in to unmask]
4. [log in to unmask]
5. [log in to unmask]
6. [log in to unmask]
Reply
Show Replies 10 Replies
Araz Yusubov
Wed, 27 Nov 2019 13:20:05 +0000
Reply
Dear Bev,

Thank you so much for updates, guidance and heads up.
We look forward for the teleconference on 16 December.

Many thanks,
Araz
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Backmayer
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 09:28:51 +0100
Reply
Greetings from the steering committee,

I have put in your google drive our latest version of the lessons learned document. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1h1oMoPgnPP3d57dqp_CwbuaffummyDE9

The steering committee has updated this version for October, November and December, and parts of January. We will continue to collate the information to complete the months in advance of what you need the information.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 08:50:41 +0100
Reply
Hi everyone,

I just noticed that the lessons learned document is in the womENcourage 2018
folder, I believe we should move all the drafts to the Steering Committee
folder and make the current version available on the 2020 drive, thereby
only editing on the 2020 until it is complete and then saving a version on
the SC folder.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Thu, 14 Nov 2019 07:40:05 +0100
Reply
Hi Everyone,

Simple reminder that we have a steering committee meeting next Monday 18th
November.

Please check the Lessons Learned 2019 document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xe53H-iz6dRv90nNaRf_cdr88iPd0UbwwX_Z26t
SGiA/edit> . We are doing well on the document, take a look at what has
been added and continue working on your sections. Would like to send to
Araz and team by Monday after the meeting.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 2 Replies
Konstantina Arnaoutaki
Wed, 23 Oct 2019 12:12:34 +0300
Reply
Hello,

I would like to ask whether I could send an updated version of the paper
published within the womenEncourage2019 conference in Rome, Italy with
the title "A Recommender for Mobility as a Service" and the paper number
101.

As you can see I had already submitted a related question in July for
the issue, but did not received any answer, could you please inform me
how can that be resolved so that I include the important acknowledgement
to the project which I participate ?

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Bachmayer
Sun, 20 Oct 2019 21:42:32 -0700
Reply
Hi, I am on the coast of California, and I just arrived and discovered the
internet is very bad at this place.

I will try to get to a place to join the all in the morning, but have not
been able to write the agenda online.

1. Next meeting Nov 18th 4pm
2. Update on womENcourage 2019 wrap up
3. Finalize the Lessons learned doc
4. womENcourage 2020
5. Opens

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 2 Replies
Reyyan Ayfer
Thu, 17 Oct 2019 08:38:08 +0300
Reply
Hi,

I found the womENcourage 2019 Videos
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjiLADfdFTI&list=PLn0nrSd4xjjbYQuguNr9aXxseduSu85EV>
by chance on ACM YouTube Channel here. Sharing in case you have not seen
them.

Best regards.

Reyyan
Reply
No Replies
Cigdem Sengul
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 20:41:41 +0100
Reply
Hello all,

I hope all is well.

As part of our November Social Media plan, Bedour and I will be curating
articles/posts on the theme "Data Science, AI - Gender"

This was a theme that was quite liked in womENcourage based on this year's
feedback, and there were several speakers that talked about it.

I am planning to contact, for example, Sihem Amer-Yahia (Human Factors in
Data Science) and Donatella Sciuto (How STEM competences can support gender
equality?) and the organisers of Workshop 2: Gendering ICT
to ask whether they would like to contribute blog posts on the topic (even


[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Sat, 5 Oct 2019 09:33:25 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder we need short reviews of sessions put here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17j5NRTjXbMP4j18TuxN-WY0qGPTwWwaRoxwq9T37
NnQ/edit#
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/17j5NRTjXbMP4j18TuxN-WY0qGPTwWwaRoxwq9T3
7NnQ/edit> .

So that we can publish by the 10th at least information for the first day.

Dorota please a short overview of the hackathon.

Adriana, Nuria please a few words about the poster sessions.

Chiara, thanks so much for your input on the Wsense Lab. Please review my
changes

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Lennon Ruth
Fri, 4 Oct 2019 01:10:21 +0000
Reply
Hi Donatella, Bev & All,

From the original budget (Budget Separated) we had €22,045 available. At the final spend we have €21,700 spent on scholarships. Bev, can you check if you agree with my figures? The cash payment we are going to make is €16,500 without the registration fees. Based on the people with scholarships who signed or who registered on CVENT we have 43 local, 50 remote and 11 sigchi or other scholarships. If students did not sign and did not register on CVENT then they have been marked absent and will not be paid as is normal.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Thu, 3 Oct 2019 11:52:33 +0200
Reply
Hi Ruth,

I need to know how many scholarships we need to pay for the budget. I knew
we might have some that did not attend or not marked as a participant. So I
started with the stack of badges that were not picked up, I compared these
with the registration and removed any badges where the people were marked
attended.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Backmayer
Thu, 3 Oct 2019 07:39:27 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

We need to pull together the summary of the event for a blog for the
newsletter. As you have seen Cigdem has started the blog here.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/17j5NRTjXbMP4j18TuxN-WY0qGPTwWwaRoxwq9T3
7NnQ/edit>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17j5NRTjXbMP4j18TuxN-WY0qGPTwWwaRoxwq9T37
NnQ/edit#

So we need to pull together a short summary to wrap up the event in this
blog. I will work with Paola and with CVent to get the basic information
going.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Bachmayer
Wed, 2 Oct 2019 09:37:41 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone

I moved the meeting to 16 in order to fit schedules better.

Please note the meeting notice changed.

3rd Monday at 16:00

Bev
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Wed, 2 Oct 2019 07:41:33 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

Our next scheduled meeting is on the 21st of October at 3PM CET 2PM UK, 4PM
Ankara.

The following meeting will be 18 November at the same time.

We will need to discuss if we need a meeting in December, if so then on the
16th at same time.

I will send a new meeting notice.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Mon, 30 Sep 2019 20:09:32 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

I went to what I thought was the meeting minutes of our meeting on the 19th
and found it cut short. SO I am going to recreate what is in my head of
what I asked you to do for the supporter newsletter.

You knew it was coming, just not so soon.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Backmayer
Mon, 30 Sep 2019 08:49:35 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

Please fill out the doodle form for future meetings, please check all your
available times. I realize times will change as University schedules change
and we will revisit in January.

https://doodle.com/poll/aea5ddyk9i7zmp8m

Our current meetings are on the third Monday of the month at 13:00 CET, we
have changed to later in the day on third Monday when people are traveling.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Araz Yusubov
Sun, 29 Sep 2019 22:22:06 +0000
Reply
Dear Cigdem,

Thanks for the follow up. I am adding Ms Kamilla Zeynalova (Manager for Marketing and Communications at ADA University), Ms Shafag Mehraliyeva (a fellow faculty member and living legend of Azerbaijani journalism) and Dr Vafa Kazdal (my Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, prominent educator in Azerbaijan). We will need to agree time when all colleagues are available.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 3 Replies
Cigdem Sengul
Tue, 24 Sep 2019 14:47:51 +0100
Reply
Hello,

To continue the good coverage we had during Rome, I would like to conclude
September with participant evaluations from Rome and the announcement of
womENcourage 2020 on social media.

Could you provide a pointer to what information could we use? This would
also be essential for the newsletter next month.

Also, I remember Reyyan mentioning the womENcourage summary report? Could
you let me know who is responsible for that?

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 15 Replies
Cigdem Sengul
Fri, 20 Sep 2019 09:32:56 +0100
Reply
Dear Araz,

(in cc, womENcourage steering committee)

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate and thank you for hosting
womENcourage 2020 in Azerbaijan. I, personally, will be looking forward to
it.

Now that womENcourage 2019 is over, the ACM-WE outreach team would like to
make the announcement for womENcourage 2020 in the October newsletter, and
on social media. As usual, the deadline for the newsletter is the 10th of
the month (October 10).

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 2 Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 18:39:13 +0200
Reply
Dear Colleague,

We are all excited about the start of womENcourage 2019 on Monday and would
like to thank you for the tremendous effort that you put into making it
happen.

As a small token of gratitude, we would like to invite you to a dinner on
Wednesday, 18 Sept, at 7pm, after the womENcourage 2019 Celebration.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Núria Castell
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 16:07:58 +0200
Reply
Dear Paloma,

Thanks for your message. The evaluation process is clear, no problems.

My concerns are about logistics.

Each poster will be "visible" just during one session of one hour,
except the 10 best papers.

On one hand, authors have dedicated lot of time preparing the first
submission, preparing the final version, preparing the poster,
travelling with it,.. just to have one hour visibility. A bit disappointing.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 09:50:00 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

We now have onsite arrival set up for us to use. Everyone that will be at
the check in desk on Monday and Tuesday morning should download the app and
login with this information.

ACCOUNT: ACMNY005

Login: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Password womencourage2019

Here are the instructions to download to your smartphone and an overview of
the functionality.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 08:16:40 +0200
Reply
I added the document to the drive so that we can better work on it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V4aORfq7B3QcvuGrtHI6mFzhzoQt95AeaYAaXm7W
LBw/edit

Bev Bachmayer

Supporter Chair womENcourage 2014-2019

Chair womENcourage Steering Committee
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 08:15:25 +0200
Reply
I am testing if everyone is on the listserv now. Please respond so I can
see if you received it.

Bev Bachmayer

Supporter Chair womENcourage 2014-2019

Chair womENcourage Steering Committee
Reply
Show Replies 3 Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 07:54:01 +0200
Reply
Hi everyone,

Here is the update to the eval forms.

Essentially I wanted to have just one survey for each day.

So if you look at it I just rearranged the survey by the day. We can send
an email every day asking for the feedback and it will be shorter each day.

Except the last day.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 12 Replies
Valentina Cala
Thu, 12 Sep 2019 13:37:40 +0000
Reply
No abstract is available available for this message. [Read Message ...]
Reply
Show Replies 3 Replies
Natasa Milic-Frayling
Sun, 8 Sep 2019 21:41:45 +0000
Reply
Dear Paola and Tiziana,
As promised, I am sending you a press briefing document that, I hope will be helpful to you when taking part in the PR event on Tue about womENcourage 2019 and Women in ICT. We obtained details about the event (in Italian) and thanks to Google Translate ☺ got a better idea what is involved.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 5 Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Fri, 6 Sep 2019 21:23:06 +0200
Reply
HI

I uploaded the current questions for all three surveys to the drive here

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1JOwOer1pRCGGaLHgj-p1KaWNiHyA9jt8

Additionally, I added the few questions from my cvent survey below. I think
these are critical to measure the value of the event.

Bev

*
<https://app.cvent.com/Subscribers/Events2/EventFeedback/SurveyQuestions/Ind
ex/?evtstub=267c9fb3-dc28-4645-a592-3afa1ea9a4ee&surveyId=560935> stions

*
<https://app.cvent.com/Subscribers/Events2/EventFeedback/SurveySettings/Inde
x/?evtstub=267c9fb3-dc28-4645-a592-3afa1ea9a4ee&surveyId=560935> Survey
Settings

How likely are you to recommend womENcourage to a friend or colleague?

* Yes I would recommend

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 3 Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Fri, 6 Sep 2019 13:48:50 +0200
Reply
Hi Paola, Dorota,

Can you please tell me if one of the many companies supporting the Hackathon
are planning on developing an evaluation form.

If not then I will continue working on the one from last year. If so then I
will stop.

Bev Bachmayer

Supporter Chair womENcourage 2014-2019

Chair womENcourage Steering Committee
Reply
No Replies
Bev Bachmayer
Thu, 5 Sep 2019 20:30:00 +0200
Reply
Hi Paola, Tiziana,

Here is the data from the past 5 years for the event. I understand that you
will be using these for a press event on the 10th.

Note that most years about 75% of the attendees are students with 67% being
graduate students. I am still trying to extract that type of data from
CVENT for this year, will be interesting to see the differences considering
the large number of scholarships.

[More ...]
Reply
Show Replies 1 Reply
Bev Bachmayer
Wed, 4 Sep 2019 14:47:26 +0200
Reply
Dear Natasa, Nuria, Reyyan and Ruth,

Welcome to Rukiye and Dorota, Welcome Back to Adriana.

Both Rukiye and Dorota have agreed to join the steering committee, AND
Adriana has said that she is able now to return.

So I believe we now have a full committee and we can all get to work on
finishing off this event and get to work on the next event.

[More ...]
Reply
No Replies


ATOM RSS1 RSS2