CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS is an open-subscription mailing list for non-commercial announcements of general interest to the ACM SIGCHI members. The main focus of the list is on the announcement of events such as conferences and workshops. (We also accept research and education opportunities, but job vacancies should be sent to CHI-JOBS@ACM.ORG).

Announcements of publications (from any source), commercial events such as courses or resources of interest to HCI practitioners can be submitted to CHI-RESOURCES@ACM.ORG.

Postings are welcome in all languages, but an English translation must be provided.

Show Table of Contents

info
Sat, 28 Mar 2020 00:01:41 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Ergonomics and HCI in Industrial Applications"

Handbook: "Interaction Techniques and Technologies Applicable to Learning and Teaching: Changing Relations between New Media, Users, Contents and Evaluation of Interactive Systems."

Collection: Human-Computer Interaction.

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions:

https://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

[More ...]
No Replies
Marcin Paprzycki
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 23:37:48 +0100
CALL FOR PAPERS
No Replies
Kyla McMullen
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:46:49 -0400
*apologies if you receive this twice*

Dear ICAD Members,

On behalf of the ICAD Board, it is with great deliberation that we inform
you that the physical meeting for ICAD 2020 in Gainesville, Florida from
June 7-11 2020 has been postponed until June of 2021. The ICAD Board has
thoroughly considered the health, well-being, and safety of our attendees,
and ultimately this was the best choice during these unpredictable times.

[More ...]
No Replies
Francesco Betti Sorbelli
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 11:21:53 -0500
ALGOSENSORS 2020: International Symposium on Algorithms and Experiments for
Wireless Sensor Networks

Polo Didattico delle Piagge, Giacomo Matteotti, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Pisa, Italy, September 9-10, 2020

The Organization Committee (OC) is committed to ALGO 2020 aware of the
pandemic situation for the COVID-19 outbreak, announced by the World Health
Organization. As already happened for other conferences, the OC is
preparing backup plans such as moving the events or (partially) running
them in a virtual way. What is most important is that the scientific
activity of the Programme Committees of the ALGO conferences is not
suspended or stopped: peer review, accepted

[More ...]
No Replies
Carmelo Ardito
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 16:02:55 +0100
Dear colleague,

NordiCHI 2020 will happen!

However, as there is great uncertainty about the evolution and impact of
COVID-19, we are monitoring the situation and investigating
possibilities. We will keep the website updated with information related
to any changes to conference format and attendance modalities.

We also recognise that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, authors may have
been forced to reschedule work and realign priorities, with potential
impact on their ability to complete planned submissions to meet eminent
NordiCHI 2020 deadlines. To accommodate such unforeseen events,
submission deadlines have been updated.
Main submission deadlines are now:
- 22 April 2020

[More ...]
No Replies
Daniel Fernandes Macedo
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 08:44:03 -0300
We would like to announce the names of the keynote presenters for EAI
GOODTECHS 2020:

** Nuno Nunes (Técnico U. Lisbon, Portugal) - "Eco-centric interaction
for the re-balance of the relations between humans and nature"
** Lieven de Marez (Ghentt U., Belgium) - title of keynote TBA

Furthermore, as we are aware of the COVID-19 situation around the
world, we decided to postpone the submission deadline to May 1st,
2020. If required, online presentations will be made possible due to
any travel or local government restrictions.

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Frauenberger
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 07:22:38 -0400
Call for contributions to (virtual) PDC workshop: “Computing Professionals for Social Responsibility: The Past, Present and Future Values of Participatory Design”

Values play a central role in technology design. But whose values? Where are they coming from? How exactly do they play out and shape the socio-technical systems we create? And which values do we want to prevail? New challenges such as the climate crisis and societal polarization call for technologists to become part of the public and political arena. This results in a new sense of responsibility, but the closing of CPSR, the Computing Professionals for Social Responsibility, has

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrii Matviienko
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 10:52:09 +0000
Dear colleagues,

we are pleased to announce that the enrollment for MobileHCI2020 student volunteer lottery is now open until May 29: https://new.chisv.org/conference/MobileHCI2020

As a student volunteer (SV), you are the face of the conference. You will assist chairs, speakers, and attendees. You will play a key role in making the conference a success.

[More ...]
No Replies
Naoya Isoyama
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 10:05:23 +0900
Dear Colleagues,

The deadline is now two weeks away, so we will contact you again.
Apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP.
Please kindly forward to those who may be interested.

We hope that the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) uproar will be resolved by
November, the time of the event.

[Call for Papers]

ACM SenSys 2020 - The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
November 16-19, 2020 in Yokohama, Japan

[More ...]
No Replies
Naoya Isoyama
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 09:51:47 +0900
Dear Colleagues,

The deadline is now two weeks away, so we will contact you again.
Apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP.
Please kindly forward to those who may be interested.

We hope that the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) furor will be resolved by
November, the time of the event.

[Call for Papers]

ACM SenSys 2020 - The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
November 16-19, 2020 in Yokohama, Japan

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 00:00:46 +0100
* Call for Short Papers * Extended Deadlines *
:
QUITANS 2020 :: Pula, Croatia :: June, 4 - 6, 2020
:
3rd International Conference on Quantum Information Technologies Applied to Nature and Society (QUITANS 2020) :: Pula, Croatia :: June, 4 - 6, 2020
:
http://www.ainci.com/QUITANS-2020/conference_QUITANS_2020.html
:
QUITANS 2020 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, workshops, doctoral consortium, demo session, research-work-in-progress, poster presentations, etc.
:
The contributions must be submitted following the instructions found on the submission of papers section. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings (in printed book form,

[More ...]
No Replies
Marcin Paprzycki
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 22:45:15 +0100
CALL FOR PAPERS
No Replies
Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare via Researchers
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 15:49:49 -0300

No Replies
ACE 2021 Online Conference
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 00:29:23 +0800
Call for Papers: ACE 2021: 15th International Conference on Future Applications of AI, Sensors, and Robotics in Society.

All accepted papers will be published in the Prestigious Open Access IOS Press Journal of FUTURE ROBOT LIFE.

SUBMISSION

All accepted papers will be published in the Journal of Future Robot Life.

Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit there chapter proposal on or before January 13th, 2021 and the full chapter on or before February 17th, 2021. All interested authors must agree to the IOS Press License to Publish: http://go.sparkpostmail1.com/f/a/lyFlKeXPA1IOdyzv23MGwQ~~/AARKSgA~/RgRgXgvjP0RDaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaW9zcHJlc3Mubmwvc2VydmljZS9hdXRob3JzL2F1dGhvci1jb3B5cmlnaHQtYWdyZWVtZW50L1cDc3BjQgoAAGPYfF4BOxvyUiJjaGktYW5ub3VuY2VtZW50c0BsaXN0c2Vydi5hY20ub3JnWAQAAAAA and the IOS Press Privacy Policy: http://go.sparkpostmail1.com/f/a/xOoJvmOeFz3ylpVZAmmHHA~~/AARKSgA~/RgRgXgvjP0QnaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaW9zcHJlc3MubmwvcHJpdmFjeS1wb2xpY3kvVwNzcGNCCgAAY9h8XgE7G_JSImNoaS1hbm5vdW5jZW1lbnRzQGxpc3RzZXJ2LmFjbS5vcmdYBAAAAAA~. All submitted papers will

[More ...]
No Replies
Eirini Eleni Tsiropoulou
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:18:05 +0000
****Apologies for multiple postings.

The 2020 IEEE Global Communications Conference (Globecom) will be held physically in Taipei as scheduled from 7 to 11, December 2020. The organizing team is closely monitoring the development of the COVID-19 situation. In case of travel restrictions that prohibit physical appearance, video presentation will be accepted as an alternative of presentation. Welcome to visit the picturesque city of Taipei in December.

[More ...]
No Replies
Amy LaViers
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 10:59:55 -0500
Colleagues,

I am writing with an announcement for an upcoming (virtual) workshop at RSS
2020!

Best,
Amy

***** Organizing Committee *****
Naomi Fitter, Oregon State University
Heather Knight, Oregon State University
Amy LaViers, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

***** Keynotes *****
Sydney Skybetter, Brown University
Guy Hoffman, Cornell University

***** Important Dates *****
Submission deadline: April 9, 2020
Notification date: April 30, 2020
Finalized submission deadline: May 8, 2020
Workshop date: July 12, 2020

[More ...]
No Replies
Ricci Francesco
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 15:21:48 +0000
# ===============================================================================
# CALL FOR PAPERS - MultiStePS 2020
#
# Workshop on Personalization for Multi-stakeholder Public Services
# http://ir.ii.uam.es/multisteps2020
#
# Genoa (Italy), July 17, 2020.
#
# Co-located with the
# 28th ACM Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP 2020)
# ===============================================================================

*** The wokshop may run totally online with remote presentations if a physical meeting would not be possible or if attendees can't travel because of COVID-19 pandemic. Workshop Proceedings will be available as planned in the ACM Digital Library. ***

[More ...]
No Replies
Marios Belk
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 14:40:03 +0200
Adaptive and Personalized Privacy and Security (APPS 2020) - ACM UMAP
Workshop

CALL FOR PAPERS

**COVID-19 Update**
Given the COVID-19 situation, remote presentations will be possible in
the event if a physical workshop will not be possible or in case
participants have travel limitations.
The accepted papers will be published and available as planned in the
ACM Digital Library.
No Replies
Parisa Eslambolchilar
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 09:34:35 +0000
If you are from a developing or least developed country and you care about the impact of climate change on your community, we have an exciting multi-disciplinary PhD opportunity at Cardiff University funded by Vice Chancellor's International Studentship scheme.

Buildings account for about one third of greenhouse gas emissions globally: exacerbated by poor maintenance, building systems inefficiencies and other human activities. Additionally, poorly maintained buildings become increasingly vulnerable to damage caused by the increasing severity of climate change hence becoming even more inefficient in managing energy, waste and quality of overall building. Poorly maintained buildings also pose safety risks to residents

[More ...]
No Replies
Lee, Mark
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 04:14:03 +0000

No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 00:00:47 +0100
Call for Research-works-in-progress * Extended Deadlines
:
Madrid, Spain :: May 5 - 8, 2020
:
http://www.ainci.com/CCGIDIS-2020/symposium_CCGIDIS_2020.html
:
CCGIDIS 2020 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, workshops, doctoral consortium, demo session, research-works-in-progress and poster presentations.
:
Proposals must be submitted following the instructions found on the submission of papers section. All accepted works will be published in the respective symposium proceedings (in printed book form, CD/DVD and magazine) by international and prestigious publishing houses in America and Europe:
:
1) Post-conference publishing book. IGI Global: Hershey, Pennsylvania - USA.
:
2) An academic CD/DVD/USB Pen proceedings

[More ...]
No Replies
Mor Peleg
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 22:37:16 +0200

> Dear colleagues,
> **
> The organizing committee is still planning to host the AIME 2020
> conference taking place Aug. 26-29 in Minneapolis. The uncertainty around
> the global Coronavirus pandemic requires flexibility, and we will update
> our plans according to developments. As more information is available, we
> will make any conference-related announcements on the conference website
> and on our Twitter feed (@2020Aime). If needed, we intend to organize a
> virtual or semi-virtual version of the conference and accommodate attendees
> unable to travel in August. Due to the current situation, and since

[More ...]
No Replies
Federico Montori
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:05:06 +0100
Important update: Due to the COVID-19 Outbreak, the conference will
be *ENTIRELY
VIRTUAL*. More info are available on the IEEE SECON website (
https://secon2020.ieee-secon.org/). Due to this recent news, we also have
extended the deadline to the 29th of March to allow enough time for
everyone to submit their papers

Call for Papers: IEEE IoT-Sencity 2020 (co-located with IEEE SECON 2020)
1st Workshop on IoT-Crowdsensing for Smart Cities
22th - 26th June @ Como, Italy
Website: https://sites.google.com/view/iotsencity

[More ...]
No Replies
Min Aung (CMP - Staff)
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:05:23 +0000
Apologies for any cross posting.

Dear All,

Given the current covid-19 emergency, we have decided to cancel MobiUK 2020. Stay safe and we are looking forward to seeing you at MobiUK 2021.

The MobiUK Organising and Steering Committees
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:02:25 +0100
* * Call for Demos * * Extended Deadlines * *
:
:: HCIHEART 2020
:
Pula, Croatia :: June, 1 - 3, 2020
:
4th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, High Education, Augmented Reality and Technologies ( HCIHEART 2020 )
:
http://www.ainci.com/HCIHEART-2020/conference_HCIHEART_2020.html
:
HCIHEART 2020 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, workshops, doctoral consortium, demo session, research-work-in-progress, poster presentations, etc.
:
The contributions must be submitted following the instructions found on the submission of papers section. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings (in printed book form, CD/DVD/USB pen and magazine)

[More ...]
No Replies
info
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:01:44 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Virtual Campus and Web-based Tools for Education"

Handbook: "Interaction Techniques and Technologies Applicable to Learning and Teaching: Changing Relations between New Media, Users, Contents and Evaluation of Interactive Systems."

Collection: Human-Computer Interaction.

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions:

https://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

[More ...]
No Replies
Supriya Kapoor
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 15:30:39 +0530
As the coronavirus situation continues, the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention has recommended “social distancing” as one way to combat the
spread of disease. So far, that’s meant the cancellation of travel plans
and not meeting people at different conferences.

However that does not mean you cannot listen and learn from the experts. Watch
videos
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS161HmXR6Jj9KeK91A_cp0zKKG6jXb1A>
of the keynote talks from our previous conferences on Computing, AI,
Security, Communication and future of technologies.

[More ...]
No Replies
Karin Hansson
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:24:22 +0000
Call for proposals

Datafication and cultural heritage - provocations, threats, and design opportunities
A workshop at ECSCW 2020, June 14, in Siegen, Germany.

Due to the current situation we will accept remote presentations.

Increasing digitization and the emergence of new data sharing practices are likely to change how our understanding of history is negotiated. Archiving practices are not only fundamental for our understanding of the past but vital in navigating the present. We have to pay particular attention to the consequences of the interfaces that curate history, especially in relation to big data. Crowdsourcing, social media, linked open data, and

[More ...]
No Replies
Gökçe Elif Baykal
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 07:36:59 +0000
Dear colleagues,

In consultation with the Interaction Design and Children (IDC) SG chairs and the ACM we have decided not to hold the conference in London physically this year. Though this decision was disappointing, making the decision early allows us sufficient time to rethink how we hold the conference. In the coming weeks we will be posting new updates as we start to design the virtual edition of the conference. We will identify new ways to bring our community together virtually this year. We will make regular updates on our website as our new planning progresses.

[More ...]
No Replies
<>
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:12:09 +0200
SUBJECT: 12th QQML International Conference

Dear Colleagues,

The 12th QQML International Conference was about to take place in Barcelona
next May 26-30, but due to the global pandemic of the COVID-19 and following
from the one hand the instructions from the WHO and the other hand requests
from many colleagues, we have decided to turn the conference into a virtual
form (www.qqml.org <http://www.qqml.org> )

[More ...]
No Replies
IEEE R8 Tech. Co-Sponsored TSP 2020
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 22:22:54 +0100

No Replies
Giorgio Delzanno
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 22:11:27 +0100
# ========================================================================================
# CALL FOR PAPERS - APCSE 2020
#
# Workshop on Adaptation and Personalization in Computer Science Education
# https://apcse2020.wordpress.com <https://apcse2020.wordpress.com/>
#
# Genoa (Italy), July 17, 2020.
#
# Co-located with the
# 28th ACM Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP 2020)
# ========================================================================================
# UMAP 2020 will proceed as planned July 14-17, should a physical conference be unsafe
# or should people have travel limitations from Governments, remote presentations
# or recordings will be possible.
# Adjunct Proceedings will be available as planned in the ACM Digital Library.
#=========================================================================================

[More ...]
No Replies
<>
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 12:59:49 +0100
Important announcement regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19

IEEE has been monitoring the developing Coronavirus, COVID-19. The
safety and well-being of all conference participants is our priority.
After studying and evaluating the announcements, guidance, and news
released by relevant national departments, the Organizing Committee of
IEEE SECON 2020, in concert with the Steering Committee and IEEE, has
decided that the conference will run as a virtual conference (i.e.,
using remote audio/video support) and not as an in-person event. Authors
will be required to present their paper remotely, according to IEEE
policies and procedures about publication(s). Attendees will still be
able to enjoy the presentations

[More ...]
No Replies
Daniel Fernandes Macedo via Mycolleagues
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 08:24:07 -0300
The Organizing Committee of GOODTECHS 2020 is monitoring the COVID-19 situation to ensure the safety of attendees and a successful course of the event to be held in Antwerp, Belgium on September 14-16, 2020. If required, online presentations will be made possible due to any travel or local government restrictions. Furthermore, as we are aware of COVID-19 situation around the world, we decided to postpone the submission deadline to May 1st, 2020. Best regards, The Organizing Committee GOODTECHS 2020 14-16/09/2020 Antwerp, Belgium ==== SCOPE ==== By social good we refer to a “good” or a service that benefits the largest

[More ...]
No Replies
Daniel Fernandes Macedo
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 08:24:07 -0300
The Organizing Committee of GOODTECHS 2020 is monitoring the COVID-19
situation to ensure the safety of attendees and a successful course of
the event to be held in Antwerp, Belgium on September 14-16, 2020. If
required, online presentations will be made possible due to any travel
or local government restrictions.

Furthermore, as we are aware of COVID-19 situation around the world,
we decided to postpone the submission deadline to May 1st, 2020.

[More ...]
No Replies
Laura Malinverni
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 07:09:29 -0400
Creating Opportunities for Children’s Critical Reflections on AI, Robotics and Other Intelligent Technologies

Workshop to be held at ACM Interaction Design and Children IDC2020, June 21, London (UK)
https://sites.google.com/view/idc2020wsai/

Robotics, automated systems and AI are gradually shaping novel techno-social realities especially in educational contexts. However not enough space is being given to a critical reflection on the emerging ethical and social implications for designers/developers and the users, especially children. This workshop aims at creating a space to discuss the current practices and the near-future opportunities for the support of children’s reflections related to robotics, automated systems, and AI implied in

[More ...]
No Replies
vikas chouhan
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 15:37:01 +0530
*The 17th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Smart Systems
(MASS 2020)*

*http://iitr.ac.in/mass2020/ <http://iitr.ac.in/mass2020/>*

*Delhi NCR, India. October 1-4, 2020*

*Conference Scope & Tracks *
No Replies
Khouloud Boukadi
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 09:31:50 +0100

No Replies
Daricia Wilkinson
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 22:51:35 -0400

No Replies
MIGUEL ÁNGEL CONDE GONZÁLEZ
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 00:02:24 +0100
To whom it may concern,

Could you be so kind to distribute this announcement in edm lists please:

“Due to the global health emergency caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, we announce that EDM2020 will take place as a Fully Virtual Conference.

We would like to also to remind you that the 26th of March is the deadline for posters contributions.

[More ...]
No Replies
info - Blue Herons Editions
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 00:01:46 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Communicability and HCI Applicable to Quatum Computing"

Handbook: "Interaction Techniques and Technologies Applicable to Learning and Teaching: Changing Relations between New Media, Users, Contents and Evaluation of Interactive Systems."

Collection: Human-Computer Interaction.

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions:

https://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 00:00:42 +0100
* Call for Posters * Extended Deadlines *
:
[...]

Mon, 23 Mar 2020 16:48:14 +0000

No Replies
George Angelos Papadopoulos
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 16:28:31 +0200
*** Second Call for Research Projects @RCIS Track ***

14th International Conference on
Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS 2020)

Royal Apollonia Beach Hotel 5*, Limassol, Cyprus

September 23-25, 2020, Limassol, Cyprus

http://www.rcis-conf.com/rcis2020/researchProjects.php

Submission deadline: April 10, 2020 (AoE) (extended!)

RCIS 2020 features a new track entirely devoted to presenting results and
perspectives of research projects (e.g. H2020 or ERC projects, national
grants) in the context of Information Science. This track features a good
opportunity for both presenters to disseminate the results of their projects,
and for participants to get an updated view of ongoing research while
getting in touch

[More ...]
No Replies
James Devine
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 09:25:48 -0400
ONE WEEK LEFT!

FabLearn Europe & MakeEd
COMPUTING, DESIGN, AND MAKING IN EDUCATION

19th June 2020.
Creative Computing Institute, University of the Arts, London, UK

http://www.fablearn.eu
No Replies
CMMSE conference
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 13:08:52 +0100
Dear Colleagues

Given the current situation, we consider necessary to clarify some items:

The conference continue (and will continue) receiving articles for CMMSE
2020 edition.

The referee process continues normally and the proceedings and special
issues will be published as they appear on the web.

Please, before registering you think that there is a possibility that the
congress will not be held physically, in which case it will be held online.

[More ...]
No Replies
Vito Gentile
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 12:06:30 +0000
COVID-19 announcement

Following extended discussion amongst the Special Issue Editors, we have decided to extend the submission deadline to 30th September 2020 to accommodate authors requests:

https://think.taylorandfrancis.com/behaviour-information-technology-end-user-development-for-smart-environments-eud4se/<https://think.taylorandfrancis.com/behaviour-information-technology-end-user-development-for-smart-environments-eud4se/?utm_source=CPB&utm_medium=cms&utm_campaign=JOL12619>

Updated CfP is attached at the end of this email.

Sent on behalf of the Special issue editors:

Alessio Malizia, University of Hertfordshire, UK
Stefano Valtolina, University of Milan, Italy
Alan Serrano, Brunel University London, UK
Monica Maceli, Pratt Institute, USA
No Replies
TSD 2020
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 11:54:24 +0100

No Replies
Pinatti, Fabiano, Dr.
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 10:41:20 +0000
(apologies for any cross-posting)
No Replies
Pinatti, Fabiano, Dr.
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 10:11:24 +0000
(apologies for any cross-posting)
No Replies
David Auber
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 09:36:02 +0100

No Replies
info
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 00:00:20 +0100
Call for Short Papers
:
Madrid, Spain :: May 5 - 8, 2020
:
http://www.ainci.com/CCGIDIS-2020/symposium_CCGIDIS_2020.html
:
CCGIDIS 2020 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, workshops, doctoral consortium, demo session, research-works-in-progress and poster presentations.
:
Proposals must be submitted following the instructions found on the submission of papers section. All accepted works will be published in the respective symposium proceedings (in printed book form, CD/DVD and magazine) by international and prestigious publishing houses in America and Europe:
:
1) Post-conference publishing book. IGI Global: Hershey, Pennsylvania - USA
:
2) An academic CD/DVD/USB Pen proceedings version –not

[More ...]
No Replies
Peter ROENNE
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 21:53:24 +0000
[Apologies for cross and multiple postings]
No Replies
Soheil Human
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 17:52:09 +0100
CALL FOR PAPER

The 54th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences Mini-track on

Human-centricity
in a Sustainable Digital Economy

http://hicss.hawaii.edu <http://hicss.hawaii.edu/> | HICSS-54 | January 5 – 8, 2021 | Grand Hyatt Kauai

Paper Submission Deadline: June 15, 2020

The internet and the global digital transformation have changed many different aspects of our lives. Not only the economies and the societies but also people’s personal lives have been influenced by this new and ever-emerging era of our history. While the digital age has made it possible to provide novel services and solutions for the end-users, it has also caused serious

[More ...]
No Replies
Patrícia Alves Oliveira
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 15:52:06 +0000
(Apologies for multiple copies due to cross-posting)

CALL FOR PAPERS
The 12th International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2020)
November 14-16, 2020
Golden, Colorado
https://sites.psu.edu/icsr2020/
No Replies
Shamsuddeen Hassan Muhammad
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 15:10:14 +0000
*** Apologies for cross-posting ***
Please, feel free to redistribute!

COVID-19 Information: In case IJCAI 2020 goes virtual, the organizers of this workshop intend to assure it will run virtually as well, as smoothly and as lively as possible. The aim is to keep the community working and keep sharing our discoveries.

[More ...]
No Replies
Giovanni Cicceri
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 11:50:30 +0100
[Apologies if you got multiple copies of this email] Sixth IEEE International Workshop on Sensors and Smart Cities SSC 2020 June 22, 2020, Bologna, Italy http://ssc2020.unime.it To be held in conjunction with Sixth IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP 2020) A smart city represents an improvement of today’s cities both functionally and structurally, that strategically utilizes many smart factors, such as information and communications technology (ICT), to increase the city’s sustainable growth and strengthen city functions, while ensuring citizens’ quality of life and health. Cities can be viewed as a microcosm of “objects” with which citizens interact daily: street

[More ...]
No Replies
Sayan Sarcar
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 18:45:13 +0900
ASSETS 2020: The 22nd International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers
and Accessibility, October 26–28, Athens, Greece

For a web version of this document, see
http://assets20.sigaccess.org/call_for_papers.ht
<http://assets20.sigaccess.org/call_for_papers.html>ml
No Replies
Vitomir Kovanovic
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 04:43:39 +0000
(apologies for multiple postings)
Hi all,
Just a final reminder that there is still time to register for the 10th International Conference on Learning Analytics & Knowledge conference. The conference will be organised fully virtually using Zoom platform and the registration prices are 50% discounted due to change to virtual format.
The updated conference schedule is available at https://lak20.solaresearch.org/schedule
To register, see https://lak20.solaresearch.org/registration
Hope to see you at (virtual) LAK20!
Regards,
Vitomir Kovanovic
LAK20 program co-chair
No Replies
Francesco Betti Sorbelli
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 21:01:39 -0500
Wi-DroIT 2020 – 2nd International Workshop on Wireless Drones over Internet
of Things

May 25-27, 2020

Due to the pandemic, DCOSS 2020 Workshops will be held in an online manner,
without physical attendance. Still, all accepted papers will be included in
the IEEE Proceedings as planned, in the same volume with the main event.
Reduced registration fees will apply.

[More ...]
No Replies
Junfei Xie
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 18:05:29 -0700
We are aware of the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation around the world,
and jointly with the other conference organizers we are considering all the
possible options including remote presentation, changing the conference
dates or relocating the conference to another location.

For this reason, we decided to postpone the submission deadline to April 5,
while we kindly ask authors to register their Abstract by March 22.

[More ...]
No Replies
info - Blue Herons Editions
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 00:05:48 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Information Architecture: Access, Retrieval, and Use"

Handbook: "Interaction Techniques and Technologies Applicable to Learning and Teaching: Changing Relations between New Media, Users, Contents and Evaluation of Interactive Systems."

Collection: Human-Computer Interaction.

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions:

https://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

[More ...]
No Replies
AndriCIL IoannouCIL
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 18:55:52 +0200
RISE Research Centre (Cyprus) accepts applications for Summer or Year-round
Internships, Paid or Unpaid!

For details on the internship program and on how to apply please see
http://www.rise.org.cy/…/vaca…/rise-coe-internship-programs/
<http://www.rise.org.cy/en-gb/vacancies/rise-coe-internship-programs/?fbclid=IwAR0iK_8jDcTuCNxkMzjpsZxq2_EM91vYFuFFcwi1wIwkdpVFSAqsPOC6GlA>
No Replies
Monica Mendes Pereira
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:10:45 +0000
Dear SIGCHI Community
If you haven't seen our questionnaire floating around, please fill it in.
We would like your responses to help improve your future volunteering
experiences.
The SIGCHI Volunteer Development Team would like to invite you to take part
in a research study about volunteering. This research aims to understand
your experiences as a volunteer by looking closely at why and how
volunteering is done, barriers to participation, to support it more
effectively. If you can, please fill in our online survey which takes
around 10 minutes to complete:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SIGCHI-volunteering-survey
<https://slack-redir.net/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surveymonkey.co.uk%2Fr%2FSIGCHI-volunteering-survey&fbclid=IwAR0d-2VCawDiUoiETvf18zEK8Miu_eGnzWnDfBtodzGENObaEBFhOfvVsdM>

[More ...]
No Replies
Riener, Andreas
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 10:54:08 +0000
[our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP]
No Replies
Pankaj Pandey
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 07:51:48 +0000
*** Apologies for multiple copies ***

C a l l F o r P a p e r s

6th ACM Cyber-Physical System Security Workshop (ACM CPSS 2020) in conjunction with ACM AsiaCCS'20

Taipei, Taiwan -- October 6th, 2020

https://www.nics.uma.es/pub/CPSS2020/

***** The best paper of CPSS'20 will be invited to submit an extended version to *****
***** SI on "Cyber-Physical System Security"@ Cybersecurity (Springer) *****
No Replies
Guo, Xiaonan
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 00:03:01 +0000
Call for Papers (CFP)

HealthDL: Deep Learning for Wellbeing Applications Leveraging Mobile Devices and Edge Computing.

Workshop Chair: Mooi Choo Chuah (Lehigh University), Yingying Chen (Rutgers University)

Publicity Chair: Xiaonan Guo (Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis)

The availability of affordable wearable Internet of Things and powerful smartphones with embedded sensors has revolutionalized intelligent health and wellness applications. Users often use wIoT and smartphones to collect medical data and later sending them to the cloud for further analysis. Edge-based solution where analysis and inference of such data are carried out on edge devices has also been proposed to address the security and

[More ...]
No Replies
Jeremy Gummeson
Fri, 20 Mar 2020 17:21:43 +0000
Please find below an important update from the general chair regarding the transition of IPSN 2020 to a virtual conference as a consequence of COVID-19.
No Replies
Carlo Giovannella
Fri, 20 Mar 2020 17:11:34 +0100
/Apologies for unintended cross-mailing/
No Replies
info - Blue Herons Editions
Fri, 20 Mar 2020 12:02:45 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Green Nanotechnology"

Handbook: "Advantages Recent Developments in Human-Computer Interaction and Quantum Computing Applied to Nature, Society, and Education"

Collection: Software and New Technologies

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions: http://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

The proposal is expected to be 2 - 4 pages, submitted in .doc or .pdf
format, composed of title, author(s) (name, affiliation, phone number, and
e-mail address), extended abstract (background, related work, principal
contributions, references and so on), table of contents, and contact
author/s.

[More ...]
No Replies
list
Fri, 20 Mar 2020 08:30:15 +1300
Hello,

A new episode of the HRI Podcast is now available:

The Good Robot

Humans have asked themselves since the beginning of time “What is good”? While we have some consensus and even laws, teaching a robot to act ethically remains a delicate problem. It certainly requires more than three laws. How can a robot know what to do while operating in an uncertain world? I interviewed Sean Welsh on Ethics in Human-Robot Interaction.

[More ...]
No Replies
Mathieu Raynal
Fri, 20 Mar 2020 08:28:16 +0100
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION - ICCHP 2020
Special Thematic Session "Human Movement Analysis for the design and
evaluation of technologies helping people with special needs"
https://www.icchp.org/session/17362

*** Introduction ***
The evaluation of prototypes and systems often takes completion time and
accuracy as success criteria. This usually involves how the user uses
their pointing device or text entry system, and therefore the movements
they make to be able to use them. Human Movement analysis can make an
important contribution to the design and evaluation of user interfaces
for digital applications.

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Fri, 20 Mar 2020 00:00:08 +0100
* Call for Doctoral Consortium * Extended Deadlines *
:
[...]

Chawki Djeddi
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 21:43:30 +0000
DearColleagues,

Pleaseforward this CfP to colleagues who might be interested to contribute to thisconference.

Regards,
No Replies
Leigh Clark
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 21:39:57 +0000
CUI 2020 - 2nd International Conference on Conversational User Interfaces
Bilbao, Spain | 23-24 July 2020
www.cui2020.com <http://www.cui2020.com/>
@CUI_Conference

**** 27th March 2020 @ 23:59 GMT+1 - submission deadline ****

CUI 2020 is looking for original contributions from a broad range of disciplines including: human-computer interaction, computer science, engineering, speech technology, linguistics, psychology, cognitive sciences and sociology. Topics include, but are not limited to:

[More ...]
No Replies
Surya Kallumadi
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 08:45:08 -0400
Call For Papers
No Replies
Daniel Fernandes Macedo via Mycolleagues
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 09:09:39 -0300
GOODTECHS 2020 - 6th EAI International Conference on Smart Objects and Technologies for Social Good September 14-16, 2020 Antwerp, Belgium http://goodtechs.eu ==== SCOPE ==== By social good we refer to a “good” or a service that benefits the largest number of people in the largest possible way. Some classic examples of social goods are, of course, healthcare, safety, environment, democracy, and human rights, but we can add to this classic list even communication, art, entertainment and much more. In this context, the popularity of portable computing devices, like smartphones, tablets, or smart watches combined with the emergence of many other

[More ...]
No Replies
Daniel Fernandes Macedo
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 09:09:39 -0300
GOODTECHS 2020 - 6th EAI International Conference on Smart Objects and
Technologies for Social Good
September 14-16, 2020
Antwerp, Belgium
http://goodtechs.eu

==== SCOPE ====

By social good we refer to a “good” or a service that benefits the
largest number of people in the largest possible way. Some classic
examples of social goods are, of course, healthcare, safety,
environment, democracy, and human rights, but we can add to this
classic list even communication, art, entertainment and much more.

[More ...]
No Replies
EAI Community
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:26:28 +0100
[Is this email displaying incorrectly?](http://createnet.mailmta.com/nl/link?c=f4ie&d=53r&h=2cte455r5pa3k4efp849cj3kkr&i=2s7&iw=1&n=3fb&p=T301802549&s=wv&sn=3fb)
[EAI](http://createnet.mailmta.com/nl/link?c=f4ie&d=53r&h=166gt4cfimfq1qfpvlih3g65ks&i=2s7&iw=1&p=T1842862477&s=lp&sn=3fb&z=1qb4)
Dear Sir/Madam,
As you are well aware, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a tremendous impact on the life of people from around the world in almost every way. At EAI, we are taking this situation very seriously as we admire the work of medical staff and researchers who continue to make incredible personal sacrifices in tackling this global crisis.
We acknowledge and fully support the various travel and public gathering restrictions to help slow down the spread of the virus. In light of these new circumstances, we feel obligated to let our members know

[More ...]
No Replies
孔君
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 19:08:49 +0800
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
No Replies
WohlgemuthSven / WOHLGEMUTH,SVEN
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 06:31:02 +0000
==== Information from General Co-Chairs and Program Co-Chairs of IWSEC 2020 ====
The 15th International Workshop on Security (IWSEC 2020) will be held as planned on September 2 to 4, in Fukui, Japan.

The organizers currently do not plan to make any changes in response to COVID-19 outbreak.
We will continue to monitor the latest situation and if there is a change in schedule and/or plan, we will immediately announce it on this web page:
https://www.iwsec.org/2020/

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 00:00:06 +0100
* * Call for Workshops * * Extended Deadlines * *
:
:: HCIHEART 2020
:
Pula, Croatia :: June, 1 - 3, 2020
:
http://www.alaipo.com/HCIHEART-2020/conference_HCIHEART_2020.html
:
HCIHEART 2020 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, workshops, doctoral consortium, demo session, research-work-in-progress, poster presentations, etc.
:
The contributions must be submitted following the instructions found on the submission of papers section. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings (in printed book form, CD/DVD/USB pen and magazine)

[More ...]
No Replies
Flavio Figueiredo
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 20:07:48 +0000
**Important Note** We are continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation and considering alternatives to allow for remote participation to both the main conference and workshops should disruptions still occur in late September.

The ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2020) is the premier venue for research and applications of recommendation technologies. One of our goals is to connect communities of researchers and practitioners from both academia and industry in order to exchange ideas, discuss problems, and share solutions.

[More ...]
No Replies
Mario Montagud
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 19:25:05 +0100
<http://imx2020.com/>
*DEADLINE EXTENSIONS DUE TO COVID-19* REMOTE PARTICIPATION WILL BE ENABLED
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

*IMX 2020*
ACM INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INTERACTIVE MEDIA EXPERIENCES
<https://imx.acm.org/2020/attending/>
*17 - 19 June 2020*

* <https://imx.acm.org/2020/attending/>Barcelona Spain*
The ACM IMX 2020 Conference on Interactive Media Experiences will be held
on 17-19 June 2020 at Barcelona’s digital lab Citilab.

IMX (formerly TVX) is the leading international conference for *presentation
and discussion of research into interactive media experiences*. The
conference brings together international researchers and practitioners from
a wide range of disciplines, ranging from human-computer interaction,
multimedia engineering and design to media studies, media psychology and
sociology.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lammers, H.A.
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 17:13:20 +0000
Apologies for multiple posting

ECCE 2020 - EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON COGNITIVE ERGONOMICS | 6-9 October 2020 | Siena, Italy

32nd annual conference of the European Association of Cognitive Ergonomics (EACE)

http://www.congressi.unisi.it/ecce2020

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS

ECCE 2020 is delighted to present the keynote speakers:

Elisa Giaccardi - Delft University of Technology

Liam J. Bannon - University of Limerick

Pasquale Fedele - Liquidweb

[More ...]
No Replies
George E. Raptis
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 11:59:00 -0400
**** PLEASE, EXCUSE MULTIPLE POSTINGS ****

*2nd CALL FOR PAPERS - PATCH 2020*

The 11th International Workshop on Personalized Access to Cultural Heritage (PATCH 2020) on July 17th, 2020, co-located with ACM UMAP 2020 in Genova, Italy.

https://patch2020.di.unito.it/

*Covid-19 Important update*

PATCH 2020 is scheduled to be held as planned (July 17), but we will continue to monitor the evolving situation related to the coronavirus disease outbreak and potential impact on global travel. UMAP 2020 follows the guidelines provided by the World Health Organisation, local public health authorities, individual governments, and the Italian Government. Decisions will be based on that.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ailie Fraser
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 08:50:30 -0700
ACM UIST - User Interface Software and Technology
October 20-23, 2020
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
https://uist.acm.org/uist2020/

UPDATED DEADLINES:
Abstract & Metadata Deadline: April 20, 2020 (5pm PDT)
Paper Deadline: May 6, 2020 (5pm PDT)

As the measures to help contain the spread of the covid-19 pandemic
increasingly disrupt the course of research activities worldwide, the UIST
2020 Program Chairs together with the General Chairs and Steering Committee
have decided to further extend the UIST 2020 submission deadline. We hope
this will allow authors to navigate this complex situation with more
serenity. The new deadline for the abstracts is April 20, 2020,

[More ...]
No Replies
Federico Montori
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 15:52:11 +0100
Important update: Due to the COVID-19 Outbreak, the conference will
be *ENTIRELY
VIRTUAL*. More info are available on the IEEE SECON website (
https://secon2020.ieee-secon.org/). Due to this recent news, we also have
extended the deadline to the 29th of March to allow enough time for
everyone to submit their papers

Call for Papers: IEEE IoT-Sencity 2020 (co-located with IEEE SECON 2020)
1st Workshop on IoT-Crowdsensing for Smart Cities
22th - 26th June @ Como, Italy
Website: https://sites.google.com/view/iotsencity

[More ...]
No Replies
Maarten Pieter P Van Mechelen
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 11:36:50 +0000
TEACHING THE NEXT GENERATION OF CHILD-COMPUTER INTERACTION RESEARCHERS AND DESIGNERS
Workshop to be held at IDC 2020, June 21, London (UK)
https://cctd.au.dk/idc-workshop-2020/

Call for Participation
Despite the Child-Computer Interaction (CCI) community’s rapid growth in the past two decades, there has traditionally been less focus on developing a curriculum to teach CCI to students. This entails a risk for a gap between the accumulation of knowledge and the transfer of this knowledge to new generations of researchers and designers. Building on previous workshops at IDC 2011 and 2014, the aim of this full day workshop at IDC 2020 (June 21, London)

[More ...]
No Replies
Francesco Bronzino
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 12:02:41 +0100

No Replies
info - Blue Herons Editions
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 12:01:15 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Multi-Modal Interfaces and Multi-Modal Interaction"

Handbook: "Interaction Techniques and Technologies Applicable to Learning and Teaching: Changing Relations between New Media, Users, Contents and Evaluation of Interactive Systems."

Collection: Human-Computer Interaction.

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions:

https://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

[More ...]
No Replies
Styliani Kleanthous
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 11:55:16 +0200

No Replies
Sihang Qiu
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 05:13:33 -0400
* We apologize for cross-posting *

**IMPORTANT NOTE ON COVID-19**

Given the impact of COVID-19 on teaching and research around the world, we have extended the deadline to April 3, 2020. We anticipate being able to accommodate online presentation from those unable to travel pending conditions in July, and are monitoring the situation regarding any decision to virtualize the conference going forward.

[More ...]
No Replies
Panagiotis Germanakos
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 05:11:24 -0400
ACM UMAP Workshop - HAAPIE 2020 2nd CALL FOR PAPERS

The 5th International Workshop on Human Aspects in Adaptive and Personalized Interactive Environments, in conjunction with the 28th ACM Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (ACM UMAP 2020), Genoa, Italy, 14-17 July 2020

Full details are available online: http://haapie.cs.ucy.ac.cy

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission deadline: 09 April 2020
Notification: 30 April 2020
Camera-ready: 06 May 2020

[More ...]
No Replies
CATALA BOLOS ALEJANDRO
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 08:30:47 +0000
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

1st Workshop on Smart Toys, Smart Tangibles, Robots and other Smart Things for Children at IDC2020 *** Deadline April 6th ***

Embedding electronics and enabling digital responses to everyday objects is already a widespread reality. The term smart toys, tangibles and robots cover a range of play products that can present different levels of network, processing and reasoning capabilities. Such interfaces have also become capable of collecting and processing data in real-time. While quality aspects and intelligent features are more relevant than ever, many relying on data-driven methods and artificial intelligence (AI), this also raises important privacy

[More ...]
No Replies
Ons Bouachir
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 11:05:04 +0400
The Second IEEE International Conference on Blockchain Computing and
Applications (BCCA 2020)

Nov. 02 – NOV 05, 2020 – ANTALYA, TURKEY

http://intelligenttech.org/BCCA2020/index.html

As a revolutionary technology, Blockchain provides a practical solution to
enable a secure and decentralized public ledger that a huge plethora of
exciting new technology applications in several areas, such as the Internet
of Things (IoT), Cyber-Physical Systems, Manufacturing, Supply-Chain, etc.
Blockchain technology has infiltrated all areas of our lives, from
manufacturing to healthcare and beyond. Cybersecurity is an industry that
has been significantly affected by this technology and maybe more so in the
future. Blockchain Technology is

[More ...]
No Replies
WohlgemuthSven / WOHLGEMUTH,SVEN
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 01:16:49 +0000
==== Information from General Co-Chairs and Program Co-Chairs of IWSEC 2020 ====
The 15th International Workshop on Security (IWSEC 2020) will be held as planned on September 2 to 4, in Fukui, Japan.

The organizers currently do not plan to make any changes in response to COVID-19 outbreak. We will continue to monitor the latest situation and if there is a change in schedule and/or plan, we will immediately announce it on this web page.
https://www.iwsec.org/2020/
No Replies
Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS)
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 00:27:54 +0100
CALL FOR PAPERS

15th Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS’2020)

Sofia, Bulgaria, 6-9 September, 2020

www.fedcsis.org

Strict submission deadline: May 15, 2020, 23:59:59 pm HST (no extensions)

(FedCSIS IEEE conference number: #49059)

Please feel free to forward this announcement to your colleagues and associates who could be interested in it.

KEY FACTS: expected Proceedings: IEEE Digital Library; indexing: Web of Science (since 2012); 22 Technical Sessions in 5 Tracks; Doctoral Symposium; conference fee covers 4 lunches and 3 social events; Sofia – capital of Bulgaria, city history goes back to Roman times (with some, recently uncovered and made

[More ...]
No Replies
info
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 00:00:33 +0100
A Frindly Reminder - Middle Registration - Deadline Approaching: 03.30.2020
:
Madrid, Spain :: May 5 - 8, 2020
:
[...]

Yoram Chisik
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 23:43:33 +0200
Chasing Play Potentials in Food Culture: Embracing Children’s Perspectives

A workshop held as part of IDC 2020

21 June 2020, London, UK

https://playandculture.food.blog

Call for Participation

In this one-day workshop which will be held as part of the Interaction
Design with Children (IDC) conference, we will explore how food related
culture and traditions can guide the design of playful technologies and
experiences for children. Using food as an accessible starting point, we
aim to bring together a diverse set of participants in order to share and
make creative use of playful traditions involving children and food stuffs
through hands-on prototyping,

[More ...]
No Replies
Yasmeen Abdrabou
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 20:52:42 +0100
Due to the COVID-19 situation worldwide, we extended the EyeSec workshop
position paper submission deadline to the 22nd of March.
No Replies
Khalil IBRAHIMI
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 10:58:45 +0100
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
No Replies
Ming Li
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 01:05:10 -0400

CALL FOR PAPERS

ACM HealthWear 2020 - The 1th International Workshop on Wearable Systems and Applications for Smart Healthcare

Corfu Island, June 30—July 3 2020

Paper submission due: March 20, 2020

http://www.petrae.org/workshops/HealthWear.html

SCOPE AND TOPICS

Healthcare is an ever-growing industry all over the world at a steady pace. Both social and commercial implications of healthcare are manifold. Traditional healthcare services have two major drawbacks. First, they are not available all the time and everywhere. Ailing individuals have to visit caregivers or vice versa to get healthcare services. This puts a constraint on the patients, especially elderly or disabled

[More ...]
No Replies
PETRA
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 04:39:08 +0000
PETRA 2020 - The 13th PErvasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments Conference

June 30-July 3, 2020 - Corfu, Greece

We cordially invite you to submit papers to PETRA workshops, which will be held in June 30-July 3, 2020, in Corfu, Greece.

The mission of the PETRA conference is to provide an interdisciplinary forum for emerging technologies in pervasive computing, human-computer interaction (HCI), human-robot interaction (HRI), and applications related to enhancing the quality of life.

[More ...]
No Replies
Chandan Giri
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 09:17:08 +0530
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
No Replies
Francisco Cruz
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 14:34:19 +1100
ICLD-EpiRob 2020 Journal Track - Call for Journal Articles for Oral or
Poster Presentation

The program committee of the 10th IEEE International Conference on
Development and Learning (ICDL) invites published journal articles to be
presented in the Journal Track of ICDL.

7th-10th September 2020, Valparaiso, Chile
https://cdstc.gitlab.io/icdl-2020/

==== Important Dates ====
Submission deadline: 25th May 2020
Author notification: 8th of June 2020
Conference: 7th-10th September 2020

[More ...]
No Replies
Oghenemaro Anuyah
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 20:56:10 -0400

No Replies
Shui Yu
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 10:33:25 +1100
We apology for possible cross posting, and appreciate your support and
distribution.

*International Conference on Security and Privacy in Digital Economy
(SPDE2020)*

http://spde2020.csp.escience.cn/

*Scope and Topics of Interest*

We are in the age of digital economy. Information technology has
significantly changed our daily life, including social networks, online
shopping, and so on. The dramatic development of new business applications
demands new technologies to serve the needs. We have seen the unprecedented
progress in artificial intelligence, big data, blockchain, to name a few.

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 00:00:24 +0100
Call for Research-in-Progress * Extended Deadlines
:
[...]

Konstantinos Papangelis
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 18:48:25 -0400
Call for papers for a special issue on:

Smart Cities at Play: Playful Approaches to Urban Space , and Problems of Participation

International journal of human-computer interaction (Taylor and Francis; 1.905 IF)

https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/hihc20/current

Smart cities are commonly understood as being cities augmented by information technology to tackle a range of socio-economic and environmental issues. In recent years, technologies embedded with the global positioning system (GPS) have become a recurring feature of these smart spaces. Such technologies are used to enhance the efficiency of the urban environment. Locative data, for instance, is regularly employed to predict traffic flows, better understand human

[More ...]
No Replies
Yoram Chisik
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 22:00:20 +0200
Urban Play and the Playable City: A Critical Perspective

Frontiers in Computer Science – Special Topic

Call for Submissions

As our planned workshop at DIGRA 2020 was cancelled due to concerns over
the corona virus we have arranged for the publication of an open access
special topic in the journal Frontiers in Computer Science on the theme of
the workshop and are now renewing the call for submissions to additional
authors.

[More ...]
No Replies
Flavio Figueiredo
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 18:15:40 +0000
**Important Note** We are continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation and considering alternatives to allow for remote participation to both the main conference and workshops should disruptions still occur in late September.

RecSys strongly encourages the submission of algorithmic papers that repeat and analyze prior work. We distinguish between:
* replicability papers, which repeat prior experiments using the original source code and datasets to show how, why, and when the methods work (or not); and
* reproducibility papers, which repeat prior experiments using the original source code in new contexts (e.g., different application domains and datasets, different evaluation methodologies and metrics)

[More ...]
No Replies
Flavio Figueiredo
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 18:11:28 +0000
**Important Note** We are continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation and considering alternatives to allow for remote participation to both the main conference and workshops should disruptions still occur in late September.

We are pleased to invite you to contribute to the 14th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2020), the premier venue for research and applications of recommendation technologies. The upcoming RecSys conference will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from September 22nd to September 26th, 2020. The conference will continue RecSys' practice of connecting the research and practitioner communities to exchange ideas, frame problems, and share solutions. All

[More ...]
No Replies
Carmelo Ardito
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 17:42:22 +0100
*****/Given the circumstances regarding the diffusion of /*Covid-19*/,
and the consequent measures to restrict movement imposed by national and
international authorities, we are considering the possibility of running
the HCSE 2020 conference in alternative modalities./*****
**

*HCSE 2020*

*Call for Papers*

*8th International Working Conference on Human-Centered Software
Engineering*

*August 26th - 28th, 2020 - Eindhoven University of Technology,
Eindhoven, The Netherlands*

[More ...]
No Replies
IRDTA
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 17:06:10 +0100
SLSP 2020: 1st call for papers*To be removed from our mailing list, please respond to this message with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line*

No Replies
Marios Belk
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 17:33:01 +0200
Workshop on Adaptive and Personalized Privacy and Security (APPS 2020) -
ACM UMAP Workshop

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Second International Workshop on Adaptive and Personalized Privacy
and Security, in conjunction with the 28th ACM Conference on User
Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (ACM UMAP 2020), Genoa, Italy,
July 17, 2020

Workshop Website: http://appsworkshop.cs.ucy.ac.cy

Paper Submissions: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=apps2020

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission deadline: April 13, 2020 (23:59 AoE time)
Notification: April 30, 2020
Camera-ready papers: May 06, 2020

[More ...]
No Replies
Marco Polignano
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 16:02:03 +0100
*** Apologies for cross postings ***

ExUM Workshop @UMAP 2020 - CALL FOR PAPERS
No Replies
info - Blue Herons Editions
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 14:30:14 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Nanomedicine Applications"

Handbook: "Advantages Recent Developments in Human-Computer Interaction and Quantum Computing Applied to Nature, Society, and Education"

Collection: Software and New Technologies

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions: http://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

The proposal is expected to be 2 - 4 pages, submitted in .doc or .pdf
format, composed of title, author(s) (name, affiliation, phone number, and
e-mail address), extended abstract (background, related work, principal
contributions, references and so on), table of contents, and contact
author/s.

[More ...]
No Replies
James Devine
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 09:16:15 -0400
FabLearn Europe & MakeEd
COMPUTING, DESIGN, AND MAKING IN EDUCATION

19th June 2020.
Creative Computing Institute, University of the Arts, London, UK

http://www.fablearn.eu
No Replies
Federico Montori
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 11:19:04 +0100
Call for Papers: IEEE IoT-Sencity 2020 (co-located with IEEE SECON 2020)
1st Workshop on IoT-Crowdsensing for Smart Cities
22th - 26th June @ Como, Italy
Website: https://sites.google.com/view/iotsencity

We recall that, even though the COVID-19 emergency has blocked many events
in Italy, the workshop and the conference will not be canceled. The
conference organizers will communicate a solution shortly.

[More ...]
No Replies
Publicity Chair
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 07:55:51 +0100

No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 00:00:01 +0100
CfP * Extended Deadlines *
:
:: HCIHEART 2020
:
Pula, Croatia :: June, 1 - 3, 2020
:
4th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, High Education, Augmented Reality and Technologies ( HCIHEART 2020 )
:
http://www.alaipo.com/HCIHEART-2020/conference_HCIHEART_2020.html
:
HCIHEART 2020 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, workshops, doctoral consortium, demo session, research-work-in-progress, poster presentations, etc.
:
The contributions must be submitted following the instructions found on the submission of papers section. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings (in printed book form, CD/DVD/USB pen and magazine) by international and prestigious publishing houses

[More ...]
No Replies
Adel Sharar Aldalbahi
Sun, 15 Mar 2020 20:17:35 +0000
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
No Replies
info - Blue Herons Editions
Sun, 15 Mar 2020 11:59:55 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Evaluation of Interactive Systems"

Handbook: "Interaction Techniques and Technologies Applicable to Learning and Teaching: Changing Relations between New Media, Users, Contents and Evaluation of Interactive Systems."

Collection: Human-Computer Interaction.

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions:

https://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

[More ...]
No Replies
Daricia Wilkinson
Sun, 15 Mar 2020 00:59:27 -0400

No Replies
info - Blue Herons Editions
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 12:11:10 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Educational Parochialism in HCI"

Handbook: "Advantages Recent Developments in Human-Computer Interaction and Quantum Computing Applied to Nature, Society, and Education"

Collection: Software and New Technologies

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions: http://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

The proposal is expected to be 2 - 4 pages, submitted in .doc or .pdf
format, composed of title, author(s) (name, affiliation, phone number, and
e-mail address), extended abstract (background, related work, principal
contributions, references and so on), table of contents, and contact
author/s.

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 00:03:07 +0100
[...]

Fábio Silva
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 15:16:39 +0000

No Replies
Joyce El Haddad
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 14:37:11 +0000
[Please accept our apologies if you receive this email more than once]

----------------------Call for Papers (Deadline
Extended)-----------------------------

The 8th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud
(FiCloud 2020)

24-26 August 2020, Rome, Itlay

http://www.ficloud.org/2020/

Technical co-sponsorship: IEEE-CS TCI
No Replies
Leigh Clark
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 10:49:19 +0000

**** 20th March 2020 @ 23:59 GMT+1 - submission deadline ****

CUI 2020 is looking for original contributions from a broad range of disciplines including: human-computer interaction, computer science, engineering, speech technology, linguistics, psychology, cognitive sciences and sociology. Topics include, but are not limited to:

[More ...]
No Replies
Yasmeen Abdrabou
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 11:41:41 +0100
Deadline is TODAY, last chance to submit a position paper for our EyeSec
workshop at ETRA
No Replies
Leimin Tian
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 13:44:16 +1100

No Replies
cdve .org
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 19:31:07 -0700
*CDVE2020 Call for papers*

*The 17th International Conference on Cooperative Design, Visualization and
Engineering *

http://www.cdve.org, email: [log in to unmask]

The CDVE2020 conference will be held from October 25-28, 2020 in the
beautiful city Bangkok, Thailand. You are welcome to submit unpublished
papers to the conference.

The proceedings will be published by the LNCS - Lecture Notes in Computer
Science by Springer and indexed by ISI(CPCI-S), Web of Science, EI, Scopus,
DBLP, ACM Digital Library. Selected papers will be invited to fully expand
to be included in special or normal issues of a couple SCI indexed journals.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ilja Frissen, Prof.
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 01:49:13 +0000
[apologies for cross posting]

Dear HAID Community,

We have been keeping an eye on how the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation has been developing. Given the events over the past 24 hours that indicate a serious risk, we have come to a point where it is more than prudent to postpone the meeting to a later date (to be determined).

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 00:00:09 +0100
[...]

Marco Tiloca
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 23:16:40 +0100
[Apologies for multiple copies]
---

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS AT THE PH.D. FORUM

Ph.D. forum abstract submission deadline: April 16, 2020
Conference proceedings in IEEE Xplore
Intended for Ph.D. students at any stage of their research

The Ph.D. Forum at SMARTCOMP 2020 provides an opportunity for Ph.D.
students to present their work in progress to the scientific community
and obtain individual feedback from leading researchers in the field.
This forum is intended to provide doctoral students with a platform to
interact with established researchers from both academia and industry
and get useful guidance on the broader impacts of their research.

[More ...]
No Replies
Marco ROMANO
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 18:23:08 +0100
AVI 2020

International Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces (AVI 2020)

In cooperation with: ACM-SIGCHI, SIGCHI Italy (Chapter conference),
ACM-SIGWEB, ACM-SIGMM

-

Mar 28, 2020 - Submission deadline (EXTENDED)
-

Apr 6, 2020 - Notification to authors

>>> June 8-12, 2020 <<<

>>> Regina Isabella hotel Ischia Island (Naples), Italy

(Please accept our apologies if you receive more than one copy of this
message)
No Replies
Sanjay Purushotham
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 11:14:56 -0400
[Apologies for multiple copies]
No Replies
Yuuki Nishiyama
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 23:54:52 +0900
Dear Colleagues,

Apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP.
Please kindly forward to those who may be interested.

[Call for Papers]
ACM SenSys 2020 - The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
November 16-19, 2020 in Yokohama, Japan
http://sensys.acm.org/2020/

The worldwide outbreak of Coronavirus is continually monitored by the conference organizers. We express the deepest sympathy for those who are affected by the virus. After discussions with the steering committee, and in light of the disruptions the outbreak has caused to the global community, we have decided to extend the SenSys 2020 regular paper deadlines to April

[More ...]
No Replies
Marvel, Jeremy A. (Fed)
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 14:39:43 +0000
Apologies for cross-posting.

Special Issue CFP Website: https://www.nist.gov/el/intelligent-systems-division-73500/transactions-human-robot-interaction-special-issue

Submission Website: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/thri

The impact of technology in collaborative human-robot teams is both driven and limited by its performance and ease of use. As robots become increasingly common in society, exposure to and expectations for robots is ever-increasing. However, the means by which performance can be measured has not kept pace with the rapid evolution of human-robot interaction (HRI) technologies. The resulting situation is one in which people demand more from robots, but have relatively few mechanisms by which they can assess the market when making purchasing decisions, or integrating the systems

[More ...]
No Replies
info - Blue Herons Editions
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 13:02:05 +0100
Call for Chapters: "e-Health Education"

Handbook: "Interaction Techniques and Technologies Applicable to Learning and Teaching: Changing Relations between New Media, Users, Contents and Evaluation of Interactive Systems."

Collection: Human-Computer Interaction.

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions:

https://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

The proposal is expected to be 2 - 4 pages, submitted in .doc or .pdf
format, composed of title, author(s) (name, affiliation, phone number, and
e-mail address), extended abstract (background, related work, principal
contributions, references and so on), table of contents, and contact
author/s.

[More ...]
No Replies
Blink Yu
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 19:30:12 +0800
*** 2020 MDPI Computers Travel Award ***

We are pleased to announce that the application period is now open for
the Computers Travel Award 2020. The applications will be assessed by an
Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief of Computers.
This prize provides financial support for the winner to attend an
international conference in the field of computer science & engineering
to be held in 2020 in order to hold a presentation, present a poster, or
both.
Requirements:
• Applicants must be postdoctoral fellows or PhD students involved in
computer science, broadly defined as any discipline covered within
Computers.
Required

[More ...]
No Replies
Nour El Houda Nouar
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 11:02:04 +0100
[Apologies for multiple messages]
No Replies
Jungryun Lee
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 11:07:33 +0900
We are pleased to invite you to submit original contributions to ICUFN 2020.
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 00:00:10 +0100
[...]

Wed, 11 Mar 2020 14:38:08 -0700
ACM UIST - User Interface Software and Technology
October 20-23, 2020
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Abstract & Metadata Deadline: April 1, 2020 (5pm PDT)
Paper Deadline (UPDATED): April 15, 2020 (5pm PDT)

With Covid-19 significantly impacting research work due to restrictions on
carrying out user studies, delays of hardware orders that are shipping from
affected countries, and limited access to research facilities/equipment due
to enforced working from home, we are extending the paper deadline by two
weeks. The paper abstract and meta-data (title, author list etc.) will
still be due on April 1, 2020 (5pm PDT), the actual paper pdf and

[More ...]
No Replies
IRDTA
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 22:36:46 +0100
DeepLearn 2020: early registration March 26*To be removed from our mailing list, please respond to this message with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line*

No Replies
Ali Dewan
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 17:29:55 +0000
Dear all,

We have been monitoring the developing Coronavirus outbreak. The
safety and well-being of all conference participants is our priority.
After studying and evaluating the announcements, guidance, and news
released by relevant national departments, we are sorry to announce
that IEEE CDBCom/DASC/PICom/CyberSciTech 2020 (IEEE Joint CST 2020,
for short), scheduled to be held June 22-25, 2020 in Calgary will be
postponed to August 17-21, 2020 in the same location --- Calgary city
of Canada.

[More ...]
No Replies
CIKM 2020 Publicity
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 15:56:26 +0000
**Important Notice** We are currently monitoring the situation regarding
COVID-19 and are assessing options to put in place solutions for remote
participation (including presentation/chairing), to the main conference and
workshops, should disruptions still occur in October.

*Apologies for cross-posting*

** 3rd CALL FOR FULL AND SHORT RESEARCH PAPERS **

29th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM
2020)

[More ...]
No Replies
Aal, Konstantin
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 15:01:33 +0000
<Apologies for cross-posting>

(Coping with) Messiness in Ethnography – Methods, Ethics and Participation in ethnographic Field Work in the non-Western World
Workshop at ECSCW 2020, June 14h, 2020, Siegen, Germany
http://messy-ethnography.org/
https://ecscw.eusset.eu/2020/
No Replies
Silvio Barra
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 14:39:37 +0100
AVI 2020
International Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces (AVI 2020)
In cooperation with: ACM-SIGCHI, SIGCHI Italy (Chapter conference), ACM-SIGWEB, ACM-SIGMM

Mar 28, 2020 - Submission deadline (EXTENDED)
Apr 6, 2020 - Notification to authors

>>> June 8-12, 2020 <<<
>>> Regina Isabella hotel Ischia Island (Naples), Italy

(Please accept our apologies if you receive more than one copy of this message)
No Replies
Sihang Qiu
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 08:20:09 -0400
* We apologize for cross-posting *

The deadline for contributions to HT2020 has been extended to March 20.

ACM HYPERTEXT 2020 – HT2020 FOR SOCIAL GOOD
31st ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (HT’20)
July 13-15 2020 | Orlando, Florida, USA

############# CALL FOR PAPERS #############

Twitter: @ACMHT – https://twitter.com/ACMHT

Conference Site: http://ht.acm.org/ht2020

Hashtag: #ACMHT2020

Submit Online via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ht2020
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 12:00:46 +0100
http://www.alaipo.com/CCGIDIS-2020/symposium_CCGIDIS_2020.html
:
CCGIDIS 2020 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, workshops, doctoral consortium, demo session, research-works-in-progress and poster presentations.
:
Proposals must be submitted following the instructions found on the submission of papers section. All accepted works will be published in the respective symposium proceedings (in printed book form, CD/DVD and magazine) by international and prestigious publishing houses in America and Europe:
:
1) Post-conference publishing book. IGI Global: Hershey, Pennsylvania - USA
:
2) An academic CD proceedings

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Salem
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 11:00:00 +0000
* Design Contributions to Pervasive Healthcare 2nd CFP *

<
http://pervasivehealth.org/design-contributions-pervasive-healthcare-workshop/

Workshop at Pervasive Health 2020 <http://pervasivehealth.org/>
No Replies
Filippo Carnovalini
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 09:49:09 +0100

No Replies
Sustainable Places 2020
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:58:00 +0000
If you are not able to see this mail, click http://2tuoh.r.ag.d.sendibm3.com/mk/mr/gPssF2E4ViCrO7rU7iuU77Dv2MrGgOuFaOJhHxVK0dQcfx1JsyEQ9-0Euz3IMAKVL_hFfQwHfaKWuw8eIcFs9-TgYRaKKdcIbAn05qtHYClxpVs[ ]( http://2tuoh.r.ag.d.sendibm3.com/mk/cl/f/N1XvtrkNlu3jLDb8QgeQ-I5VSPUWgysipaT6524R7UP4eYYDJPMXaGvqQY3LSZXpmPjVJw9spCvKRCTEZOZjqPbtVGaDxwUWs5rgToAOCyamOKOa6ABvpPNEYbXQSrGq_yUy9wN1112VYDw_UkaQFFxSImr4S0GVoy7B6jx-Y8nY2A )

Sustainable Places 2020 (SP2020)

Europe’s #1 destination for dissemination of research, collaboration, networking and the creation of market opportunities.

Join us for the 8th edition of Sustainable Places!
3-5 June 2020 / Aix-les-Bains, France
Introducing SP2020 Silver Sponsor ENGIE Lab

[ ENGIE Lab CRIGEN ]( http://2tuoh.r.ag.d.sendibm3.com/mk/cl/f/2DSdoT7AC3LhbfUGmiK0sf3lA56jjHQjXTHp3fAKglK41-TjdZ1g2IWK-L7Zgs1rd0eaPTDcujC4KV7pjQvC1wYVtCavJcuo6D_TASE8TvgFkL2D-oUBr4ReEiXDBD9K5EV0MvsY0n7hNdNPA7DznOpUF9_A-2EBuNRUC_iN6mJzGzwKpsMGF753iIifm2nXo3locXhaqvucHIAoirqFeh86eOoHTZ8_46ty3P__1IPWac7-n3QROCkFvhZAow ), part of the ENGIE Labs network, is ENGIE Group’s corporate center for R&D and high-level expertise devoted to new energy resources (hydrogen, biogas and gas liquefaction), new energy uses in towns and cities, the buildings and industries of

[More ...]
No Replies
Sergio Escalera
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:49:52 +0100
CVPR'20 Workshop CFP: Challenges and Promises of Inferring Emotion from
Images and Video

OVERVIEW
There is a disconnect between what computer vision (and AI) researchers
think emotions are and how they are conveyed through facial expressions and
body pose, and what the actual science tells us.
Take faces as an example. Undoubtedly, faces offer information that helps
us navigate our social world, influence whom we love, and determine who we
trust or who we believe to be guilty of a crime. But to what extent does an
individual’s face reveal the person’s internal emotions? To what extent
(and how) can

[More ...]
No Replies
Ming Li
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 01:09:41 -0400

CALL FOR PAPERS

ACM HealthWear 2020 - The 1th International Workshop on Wearable Systems and Applications for Smart Healthcare

Corfu Island, June 30—July 3 2020

Paper submission due: March 20, 2020

http://www.petrae.org/workshops/HealthWear.html

SCOPE AND TOPICS

Healthcare is an ever-growing industry all over the world at a steady pace. Both social and commercial implications of healthcare are manifold. Traditional healthcare services have two major drawbacks. First, they are not available all the time and everywhere. Ailing individuals have to visit caregivers or vice versa to get healthcare services. This puts a constraint on the patients, especially elderly or disabled

[More ...]
No Replies
Michael Wessely
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 15:28:33 -0400

No Replies
Francesco Betti Sorbelli
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 13:28:30 -0500
Wi-DroIT 2020 – 2nd International Workshop on Wireless Drones over Internet
of Things
Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, CA, USA
May 25-27, 2020

Link: https://sites.google.com/view/widroit2020

in conjunction with the:
16th International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems
(DCOSS 2020)

Workshop papers will get 8 pages in the IEEE proceedings, in the same
volume with the DCOSS papers.

Important Dates
Abstract Registration: 24th March (EXTENDED)
Paper Submission: 24th March (EXTENDED)
Acceptance Notification: TBD
Camera Ready: 15th April
Early Registration: TBD

[More ...]
No Replies
Nicolás Navarro-Guerrero
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:52:07 +0100
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, which has directly or indirectly affected
countries how typically are well represented at the conference, we are
extending the deadline submission.

The health and safety of our conference participants is our top
priority. Therefore, we are closely monitoring any travel advisories and
governmental recommendations. Please check our website where we will
post any relevant information as quickly as possible.

[More ...]
No Replies
Maria De Marsico
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 11:49:58 +0100
Apologies for multiple postings
No Replies
Guo, Xiaonan
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 02:50:49 +0000
Call for Papers (CFP)

HealthDL: Deep Learning for Wellbeing Applications Leveraging Mobile Devices and Edge Computing.

Workshop Chair: Mooi Choo Chuah (Lehigh University), Yingying Chen (Rutgers University)

Publicity Chair: Xiaonan Guo (Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis)

The availability of affordable wearable Internet of Things and powerful smartphones with embedded sensors has revolutionalized intelligent health and wellness applications. Users often use wIoT and smartphones to collect medical data and later sending them to the cloud for further analysis. Edge-based solution where analysis and inference of such data are carried out on edge devices has also been proposed to address the security and

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 00:01:54 +0100
http://www.alaipo.com/QUITANS-2020/conference_QUITANS_2020.html
:
QUITANS 2020 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, workshops, doctoral consortium, demo session, research-work-in-progress, poster presentations, etc.
:
The contributions must be submitted following the instructions found on the submission of papers section. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings (in printed book form, CD/DVD/USB pen and

[More ...]
No Replies
Flavio Figueiredo
Mon, 9 Mar 2020 19:31:56 +0000
Demos show implementations of novel, interesting, and important recommender systems' concepts or applications. Allowing potential users to see and use a demo of a research work makes them excited about it – it makes the work real and tangible. Demos also allow developers from small start-ups to large industries to present new recommender ideas and get valuable feedback from the recommender systems community.

[More ...]
No Replies
Raheeb Muzaffar
Mon, 9 Mar 2020 13:29:56 +0100
Call for Papers
*2nd International Workshop on Internet of Autonomous Unmanned Vehicles
(IAUV 2020) *

In conjunction with the IEEE SECON 2020 (https://secon2020.ieee-secon.org/)

June 22-26, 2020, Como, Italy
Website: https://iauv2020.loria.fr/
Submission deadline: March 31, 2020
Notification: April 30, 2020
Camera ready: May 15, 2020
Workshop Day: June 22-26, 2020
No Replies
he.nugra
Mon, 9 Mar 2020 12:05:07 +0100
Dear colleagues,

Please consider submitting a contribution to the
No Replies
Batool Nazre
Mon, 9 Mar 2020 10:36:41 +0000
Dear Members,

We are working on a special session proposal titled "Machine Learning and Signal Processing for Autonomous Systems" to be submitted to the IEEE Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing -MLSP (https://ieeemlsp.cc/) to be held on September 21-24, 2020 in Espoo, Finland. We are currently looking for potential submissions to include in our proposal. We were wondering if you would be interested in submitting a paper to our special session, and thus help us promote autonomous systems into signal processing and machine learning venues, such as MLSP.

[More ...]
No Replies
Alice Hsu|The Web Conference 2020 Secretariat
Mon, 9 Mar 2020 17:54:06 +0800
Dear chairs, organizers and participants:

Greeting from The Web Conference 2020 Secretariat. I am writing to inform
you about the update arrangements for the COVID-19.

Please see the below press release(or check it on our official website:
https://www2020.thewebconf.org/press). Please also stay tuned on our website
for more information. We appreciate your participation and supports.

_____

Press Release

[More ...]
No Replies
Tu Ninh Van
Mon, 9 Mar 2020 16:19:10 +0700
[Please distribute, Sorry for multiple copies]

We warmly invite you to participate in the 4th edition of the Lifelog Task,
(https://www.imageclef.org/2020/lifelog). ImageCLEF 2020 is an evaluation
campaign that is being organized as part of the CLEF initiative labs (
http://clef2019.clef-initiative.eu), which will be held in Thessaloniki,
Greece (22-25 September 2020).

An increasingly wide range of personal devices, such as smartphones, video
cameras as well as wearable devices that allow capturing pictures, videos,
and audio clips for every moment of our lives are becoming available.
Considering the huge volume of data created, there is a need for systems
that can automatically

[More ...]
No Replies
DanielJohn REA
Mon, 9 Mar 2020 17:03:43 +0900
*The 8th International Conference on Human-Agent Interaction (HAI 2020) *

*Now In-cooperation with ACM*

*** Sydney, Australia --- 10-13, November 2020 ***

http://hai-conference.net/hai2020/

(Apologies for cross posting)

HAI 2020 is the 8th annual International Conference on Human-Agent
Interaction. The conference is a venue with an interdisciplinary nature to
discuss and disseminate state-of-the-art research on topics that relate to
human interactions with a range of agent systems, including physical robots
and humanoids, virtual agents, socially interactive agents, and
artificially intelligent agents.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ons Bouachir
Mon, 9 Mar 2020 10:05:59 +0400
*IEEE12th Workshop on Performance Evaluation of Communications in
Distributed Systems and Web based Service Architectures PEDISWESA*

http://www.xanalytics.ca/pediswesa2020/index.html

*in conjunction with IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC
2020)*

https://conferences.imt-atlantique.fr/iscc2020/

*JULY 7TH - 10TH, 2020 – RENNES, FRANCE*

Performance evaluation is still a topic that attains a lot of attention in
both distributed and mobile systems as well as Web based services
architectures. Due to the recent advances in internet-based applications as
well as distributed and mobile communication systems, we are witnessing a
variety of new technologies. However, these systems are becoming very large
and complex at the same time. Several

[More ...]
No Replies
George Bebis
Mon, 9 Mar 2020 00:42:46 +0000
Apologies for cross-postings
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Mon, 9 Mar 2020 00:00:02 +0100
[...]

Sun, 8 Mar 2020 20:06:31 +0000
Dear colleagues,
We invite Work-in-Progress paper submissions to 19th ACM Interaction Design and Children (IDC) 2020<https://idc.acm.org/2020/call-for-papers/> conference, held on June 21-24. ACM IDC is the premiere international conference for researchers, educators and practitioners to share the latest research findings, innovative methodologies and new technologies in the areas of inclusive child-centered design, learning and interaction.
Work-in-Progress papers should not exceed 6 pages in length including references (ACM SIGCHI Extended Abstract Paper Format). This track is suited to late breaking work and work in progress. For this reason, papers that do not fit these categories will be less likely to be accepted

[More ...]
No Replies
Flavio Figueiredo
Sun, 8 Mar 2020 16:37:03 +0000
RecSys 2020 is pleased to invite proposals for tutorials to be given in conjunction with the conference. The goal of the tutorials is to provide conference attendees, including early-career researchers and researchers crossing-over from related disciplines, with an opportunity to learn about recommender system concepts and techniques. Tutorials also serve as a venue to share presenters' expertise with the global community of recommender system researchers and practitioners. Tutorials focus on specific topics including, but not limited to:
* Introductions to specific recommender systems techniques (e.g., deep learning, feature engineering, tensorflow)
* Evaluation of recommender systems (e.g., system-centric and user-centric evaluation,

[More ...]
No Replies
info - Blue Herons Editions
Sun, 8 Mar 2020 10:30:28 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Gender Power and Parochialism in HCI"

Handbook: "Advantages Recent Developments in Human-Computer Interaction and Quantum Computing Applied to Nature, Society, and Education"

Collection: Software and New Technologies

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions: http://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

The proposal is expected to be 2 - 4 pages, submitted in .doc or .pdf
format, composed of title, author(s) (name, affiliation, phone number, and
e-mail address), extended abstract (background, related work, principal
contributions, references and so on), table of contents, and contact
author/s.

[More ...]
No Replies
Marco Guazzone
Sat, 7 Mar 2020 16:31:08 +0100

No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Sat, 7 Mar 2020 12:00:07 +0100
[...]

Wan Du
Fri, 6 Mar 2020 23:54:40 +0000
[Sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email]

** CALL FOR POSTERS AND DEMOS - IEEE SECON 2020**
Como (Italy), June 22-25, 2020
https://secon2020.ieee-secon.org
Submission deadline: 2 April 2020

IEEE SECON 2020 will include a poster and a demo session to provide a unique forum to exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share experiences among researchers and practitioners in wireless networks, mobile systems and the Internet of Things.

[More ...]
No Replies
Luciana Aparecida Martinez Zaina
Fri, 6 Mar 2020 17:04:18 -0300
Apologies for cross-posting.
No Replies
Luciana Aparecida Martinez Zaina
Fri, 6 Mar 2020 16:47:52 -0300
Call for Tutorials
ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems

https://eics.acm.org/2020
June 23-26, 2020 – Sophia Antipolis, France
No Replies
Lammers, H.A.
Fri, 6 Mar 2020 15:11:11 +0000
Apologies for multiple posting

ECCE 2020 - EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON COGNITIVE ERGONOMICS | 6-9 October 2020 | Siena, Italy

32nd annual conference of the European Association of Cognitive Ergonomics (EACE)

http://www.congressi.unisi.it/ecce2020

CALL FOR PAPER S

ECCE 2020 seeks to encourage an interdisciplinary dialogue and discussion among participants related to general topics of cognitive ergonomics as well as this year’s special theme.

[More ...]
No Replies
Yasmeen Abdrabou
Fri, 6 Mar 2020 14:09:04 +0100
***Deadline extension: position papers are now due March 13, 2020 ***
No Replies
Christian Hansen
Fri, 6 Mar 2020 09:53:08 +0000
With apologies for cross-posting.

CLEF 2020
https://clef2020.clef-initiative.eu/

22-25 September 2020, Thessaloniki, Greece
No Replies
Media Architecture Biennale
Fri, 6 Mar 2020 10:16:13 +0100
Dear colleagues,

The production for the 2020 Media Architecture Biennale is up and running
and we would like to share with you our current *Open Call for Papers
(deadline April 5)*, as well as an *upcoming call for Demos & Posters
(opening April 1st).* The conference proceedings will be published through
the ACM Digital Library.

[More ...]
No Replies
Yuuki Nishiyama
Fri, 6 Mar 2020 17:32:57 +0900
Dear Colleagues,

Apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP.
Please kindly forward to those who may be interested.

[Call for Papers]
ACM SenSys 2020 - The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
November 16-19, 2020 in Yokohama, Japan

http://sensys.acm.org/2020/

The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys 2020) is the premier computer systems conference focused on the architecture, design, implementation, and performance of networked sensing systems, sensor-oriented data modeling and analytics, and sensor-enabled applications. ACM SenSys brings together academic, industry, and government professionals to a single-track, highly selective forum that takes a broad view on the

[More ...]
No Replies
Yuuki Nishiyama
Fri, 6 Mar 2020 17:23:19 +0900
Dear Colleagues,

Apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP.
Please kindly forward to those who may be interested.

[Call for Papers]
ACM SenSys 2020 - The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
November 16-19, 2020 in Yokohama, Japan

http://sensys.acm.org/2020/

The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys 2020) is the premier computer systems conference focused on the architecture, design, implementation, and performance of networked sensing systems, sensor-oriented data modeling and analytics, and sensor-enabled applications. ACM SenSys brings together academic, industry, and government professionals to a single-track, highly selective forum that takes a broad view on the

[More ...]
No Replies
Janson, Andreas, Dr.
Fri, 6 Mar 2020 07:52:22 +0000
(apologies for cross posting)

Call for Papers

Pre-ECIS 2020 Workshop - Gamification Revisited – Adaptive and Intelligent Gamification Designs - European Conference on Information Systems 2020 (www.ecis2020.ma) in Marrakech, Morocco.

Workshop Homepage: https://gamification20.home.blog/ - Official ECIS Workshop Information: https://ecis2020.ma/workshops-and-ancillary-meetings/

ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
The use of games in IS has increased at an astounding pace and led to inspiring trends, one being gamification which counts among the most prominent developments in the last years. Meanwhile new ways of creating individualized gamification concepts have developed. First of all, research calls for more concepts that support developers of gamification concepts in getting away

[More ...]
No Replies
Francesco Betti Sorbelli
Thu, 5 Mar 2020 21:07:08 -0600
Wi-DroIT 2020 – 2nd International Workshop on Wireless Drones over Internet
of Things
Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, CA, USA
May 25-27, 2020

Link: https://sites.google.com/view/widroit2020

in conjunction with the:
16th International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems
(DCOSS 2020)

Workshop papers will get 8 pages in the IEEE proceedings, in the same
volume with the DCOSS papers.

Important Dates
Abstract Registration: 6th March
Paper Submission: 15th March
Acceptance Notification: TBD
Camera Ready: 15th April
Early Registration: TBD

[More ...]
No Replies
Dagoberto Cruz Sandoval
Thu, 5 Mar 2020 16:40:33 -0800
[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

8th Mexican Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (MexIHC 2020)

October 28-30

Conference website: http://mexihc.org/2020/

Conference to be held in Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico
No Replies
Flavio Figueiredo
Thu, 5 Mar 2020 16:36:11 +0000
The ACM RecSys 2020 Doctoral Symposium provides an opportunity for doctoral students to explore and develop their research interests under the guidance of a panel of distinguished researchers from both academia and industry. We invite students who feel that they would benefit from this kind of feedback on their work to apply for this unique opportunity, which will allow them to share their work with their peers as well as with senior researchers in the field. The strongest candidates will be those who have made some research progress, but who are not so far along that they can no longer

[More ...]
No Replies
Leigh Clark
Thu, 5 Mar 2020 14:06:53 +0000

**** 13th March 2020 @ 23:59 GMT+1 - submission deadline ****

CUI 2020 is looking for original contributions from a broad range of disciplines including: human-computer interaction, computer science, engineering, speech technology, linguistics, psychology, cognitive sciences and sociology. Topics include, but are not limited to:

[More ...]
No Replies
Monica Mendes Pereira
Thu, 5 Mar 2020 12:06:47 +0000
Dear SIGCHI Community,

The SIGCHI Volunteer Development Team would like to invite you to take part
in a research study about volunteering. The aim of this research is to
understand your experiences as a volunteer by looking closely at why and
how volunteering is done, barriers to participation, with the aim of
supporting it more effectively. If you can, please fill in our online
survey which takes around 10 minutes to complete:

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Thu, 5 Mar 2020 12:46:54 +0100
[...]

Delic, Amra
Thu, 5 Mar 2020 09:06:01 +0000
Call for participation at the RecSys Challenge 2020
About the Challenge
The RecSys Challenge 2020 is organized by Politecnico di Bari<http://www.en.poliba.it/>, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano<https://www.unibz.it/>, TU Wien<https://www.tuwien.at/en/>, <https://www.colorado.edu/> University of Colorado, Boulder<https://www.colorado.edu/>, and Universidade Federal de Campina Grande<https://portal.ufcg.edu.br/>, and sponsored by Twitter<https://twitter.com/>.
On Twitter, users post and engage with (in the form of Likes, Replies, Retweets and Retweets with comments) content known as “Tweets”. This challenge aims to evaluate novel algorithms for predicting different engagement rates at a large scale, and to push the state-of-the-art in recommender systems. Following the success and advancements in the domain of top-K recommendations, the

[More ...]
No Replies
Delic, Amra
Thu, 5 Mar 2020 08:40:07 +0000
[...]

Xiaochun Cheng
Thu, 5 Mar 2020 07:53:49 -0000
****Please Receive our Apologies for Cross-postings******

Call for Papers

The Third International Conference on Machine Learning for Cyber Security
(ML4CS 2020)

(http://nsclab.org/ml4cs2020/index.html)

(Springer: EI-indexed, 5 SCI Indexed Journals Special Issues
Recommendations)

The Third International Conference on Machine Learning for Cyber Security
(ML4CS 2020) will be held on 8-10 October 2020, in Guangzhou, China
(http://nsclab.org/ml4cs2020/index.html).

We would like to invite you to contribute your research work for publication
in our conference (Submission Link:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ml4cs).

[More ...]
No Replies
Jungryun Lee
Thu, 5 Mar 2020 12:56:27 +0900
Subject: [ICUFN 2020, IEEE] (Extended Submission Deadline: March 13, 2020)
[June 30 (Tue.) ~ July 3 (Fri.) 2020, Porto, Portugal]
No Replies
Daricia Wilkinson
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 16:17:16 -0500

No Replies
Cindy Grimm
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 15:30:12 -0500
The ACM Symposium on Applied Perception (ACM SAP) aims to advance and promote research that crosses the boundaries between perception and disciplines such as graphics, visualization, computer vision, haptics, acoustics, and augmented, mixed, and virtual reality. These fields can benefit from the exchange of ideas. The scope of the conference includes applications and algorithms in any area of research that incorporates elements of perception and computer science.
Our seventeenth annual event provides an intimate, immersive forum for exchanging ideas about areas of overlapping interests. The ACM SAP 2020 conference will be held in Washington DC on the 17th and 18th

[More ...]
No Replies
Joaquin Garcia-Alfaro
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 18:41:58 +0100
[apologies for cross-posting]

PRIVACY IN STATISTICAL DATABASES 2020 (PSD 2020)
No Replies
Giulia Perugia
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 18:35:03 +0100
Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit your papers to the Special
Session "Societal
Consequences of Human-Robot Interaction" (see CFP below) which will be part
of RO-MAN 2020.
Please, feel free to share the call with other potentially interested
colleagues.

We apologize in advance for cross-posting.

Kindest regards,

Giulia Perugia
No Replies
Joaquin Garcia-Alfaro
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 18:33:22 +0100
[apologies for cross-posting]

22nd International Conference on Information and
Communications Security (ICICS 2020)
No Replies
Daniel Fernandes Macedo
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 11:11:13 -0300
GOODTECHS 2020 - 6th EAI International Conference on Smart Objects and
Technologies for Social Good
September 14-16, 2020
Antwerp, Belgium
http://goodtechs.eu

==== SCOPE ====

By social good we refer to a “good” or a service that benefits the
largest number of people in the largest possible way. Some classic
examples of social goods are, of course, healthcare, safety,
environment, democracy, and human rights, but we can add to this
classic list even communication, art, entertainment and much more.

[More ...]
No Replies
zakia hammal
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 13:36:41 +0000
Apologies for cross-posting
No Replies
info - Blue Herons Editions
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 13:00:40 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Social Networking and Cyber Terrorism in HCI"

Handbook: "Interaction Techniques and Technologies Applicable to Learning and Teaching: Changing Relations between New Media, Users, Contents and Evaluation of Interactive Systems."

Collection: Human-Computer Interaction.

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions:

https://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

[More ...]
No Replies
<>
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 11:07:52 +0100
Dear colleagues,

The Technical University of Madrid (UPM) will once more organize the 'Madrid UPM Machine Learning and Advanced Statistics' summer school. The summer school will be held in Boadilla del Monte, near Madrid, from June 22nd to July 3rd. This year's edition comprises 12 week-long courses (15 lecture hours each), given during two weeks (six courses each week). Attendees may register in each course independently. No restrictions, besides those imposed by timetables, apply on the number or choice of courses.

[More ...]
No Replies
George Mastorakis
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 11:31:36 +0200
**

*Call for Book Chapters for the Springer-Verlag Handbook:***

*“Intelligent Technologies for Internet of Vehicles”***

*Series on Internet of Things - Technologies, Communications and Computing *

*(covered by Scopus)*

*/Editors/*

*Naercio Magaia, University of Lisbon, Portugal*

*George Mastorakis, Hellenic Mediterranean University, Greece*

*Constandinos X. Mavromoustakis, University of Nicosia, Cyprus*

*Evangelos Pallis, Hellenic Mediterranean University, Greece*

*Evangelos K. Markakis, Hellenic Mediterranean University, Greece*

[More ...]
No Replies
<>
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 16:33:27 +0900
Intelligent Cross Data Analytics and Retrieval Workshop (ICDAR) 2020
8 June 2020 | Dublin, Ireland
(co-located with ICMR 2020)

The deadline will be extended to 20th March, 2020.

We'd like to invite you to submit your papers for the ICDAR workshop
http://www2.nict.go.jp/bidal/icdar_icmr2020/index.html to be held on 8
June 2020 in Dubline, Ireland.

Currently, people can collect data from themselves and their surrounding
environment quickly due to the exponential development of sensors and
communication technologies and social networks. The ability to collect
such data opens the new opportunity to understand better the association
between human beings and the properties of the

[More ...]
No Replies
Bernd Ploderer
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 06:34:41 +0000

No Replies
Styliani Kleanthous
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 08:15:19 +0200
Dear colleagues,

We are running a study on Algorithmic Fairness Perception and targeting
undergraduate and postgraduate (MSc and PhD) students in the field of
Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Informatics
and all related fields. The study has ethical clearance. More information
can be found in the link below.

Please distribute the link to your students and other mailing lists it
fits: https://forms.gle/3RXcNgtkMg2qNHfs8

[More ...]
No Replies
IAGO
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 02:13:43 +0000
Hello! Apologies for cross-posting.

I wanted to forward on this call for participation in the Automated Negotiating Agents Competition. I think this group may be specifically interested in the Human-Agent League. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

Johnathan Mell
Institute for Creative Technologies
University of Southern California

[More ...]
No Replies
Leimin Tian
Wed, 4 Mar 2020 11:41:37 +1100
Call for Long and Short Papers
No Replies
Junfei Xie
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 15:30:47 -0800
We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

CALL FOR PAPERS - IEEE SmartSys 2020

Fifth IEEE Workshop on Smart Service Systems (SmartSys)

Co-located with the IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing
(SMARTCOMP 2020)

Bologna, Italy, June 22, 2020

http://www.iet.unipi.it/smartsys2020/

Technology succeeds when it provides benefits to the society either
directly or indirectly. Understanding the societal and economic impact and
human-centered aspects of a smart system or technology in advance and
designing the system a-priori with potential value-added services help spur
the discoveries of new tools, methodologies and innovative services. Smart
service systems span across a variety of

[More ...]
No Replies
Fatima Hussain
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 17:15:49 -0500
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
No Replies
Julien Gascon-Samson
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 12:33:35 -0500
Dear colleagues,

The 18th ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications,
and Services (MobiSys 2020) [https://www.sigmobile.org/mobisys/2020/]
will be held June 15-19, 2020 in Toronto, Canada.

Call for Posters
No Replies
Yasmeen Abdrabou
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 14:57:02 +0100
Three days left for the submission deadline. If you work in eye tracking
and security consider submitting a 2-pages position paper to our workshop
at ETRA 2020.
No Replies
Surya Kallumadi
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 08:23:12 -0500
Call For Papers
No Replies
ISMAR 2020 Publicity Chairs
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 09:51:18 -0300
*[Please distribute this call to interested parties.*
*Nevertheless, we apologize for multiple posting]*

*IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON MIXED AND AUGMENTED REALITY*
*Recife/Porto de Galinhas, Brazil*
*November 09 to 13, 2020*
*http://www.ismar20.org <http://www.ismar20.org>*

ISMAR 2020, the premier conference for Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed
Reality (MR) will be held on November 09 to 13 in Recife/Porto de Galinhas,
Brazil.

[More ...]
No Replies
Vitomir Štruc
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 13:24:21 +0100
[IJCB 2020] Call for papers - International Joint Conference on
Biometrics 2020
No Replies
George Angelos Papadopoulos
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 13:53:34 +0200
*** Call for Research Projects @RCIS Track ***

14th International Conference on
Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS 2020)

Royal Apollonia Beach Hotel 5*, Limassol, Cyprus

May 20-22, 2020, Limassol, Cyprus

http://www.rcis-conf.com/rcis2020/researchProjects.php

Submission deadline: March 21, 2020 (AoE)

RCIS 2020 features a new track entirely devoted to presenting results and
perspectives of research projects (e.g. H2020 or ERC projects, national
grants) in the context of Information Science. This track features a good
opportunity for both presenters to disseminate the results of their projects,
and for participants to get an updated view of ongoing research while
getting in touch with potential

[More ...]
No Replies
info
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 12:00:49 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Users and Interfaces for Information and Data Systems"

Handbook: "Advantages Recent Developments in Human-Computer Interaction and Quantum Computing Applied to Nature, Society, and Education"

Collection: Software and New Technologies

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions: http://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christina Schneegass
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 11:15:21 +0100
*
No Replies
Andrii Matviienko
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 09:22:06 +0000
Dear colleagues,

In the second week of May 2020 (11-15th), we are organizing a SIGCHI International HCI Summer School on Cycling. The summer school focuses on bringing the HCI cycling community from both academia and industry together to discuss and explore the design space and interaction methods for technological augmentation of bicycles and helmets. Every day of the summer school will include a keynote, an interactive workshop, a bicycle tour, an industrial talk and discussions. All of these activities will be organized under a cycling-related theme of the day, which include scenic cycling, urban cycling, accessible cycling, and safe cycling.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andreas Holzinger
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 07:44:10 +0100
Call for Papers - CD-MAKE 2020
4th International IFIP Cross Domain Conference for Machine Learning &
Knowledge Extraction

CD-MAKE is a joint effort of IFIP TC 5, TC 12, IFIP WG 8.4, WG 8.9 and
WG 12.9 and is held in conjunction with the International Conference on
Availability, Reliability & Security, ARES 2020

Machine learning and Knowledge Extraction (MAKE) is the workhorse of
Artificial Intelligence (AI). Successful human-centered AI needs a
concerted effort without boundaries, supporting collaborative and
integrative cross-disciplinary research between experts cross-domain.
Conference Location: University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Conference Website https://cd-make.net
EasyChair Submission Link:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cdmake2020
Paper Submission

[More ...]
No Replies
Holzinger, Andreas
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 06:40:34 +0000
Call for Papers - CD-MAKE 2020 4th International IFIP Cross Domain Conference for Machine Learning & Knowledge Extraction CD-MAKE is a joint effort of IFIP TC 5, TC 12, IFIP WG 8.4, WG 8.9 and WG 12.9 and is held in conjunction with the International Conference on Availability, Reliability & Security, ARES 2020 Machine learning and Knowledge Extraction (MAKE) is the workhorse of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Successful human-centered AI needs a concerted effort without boundaries, supporting collaborative and integrative cross-disciplinary research between experts cross-domain. Conference Location: University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland Conference Website https://cd-make.net EasyChair Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cdmake2020 Paper Submission

[More ...]
No Replies
Lilian Genaro Motti Ader
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 23:21:54 +0000
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION - ACM AVI2020 Workshop
"Visual user interfaces for human motion"
http://hcihumanmovement.org
ACM AVI 2020 Advanced Visual Interfaces
8th June 2020 - Island of Ischia, Italy - online participation enabled!

OVERVIEW
Visual interfaces are important in human motion to capture it, to visualize
it, and to facilitate motion-based interactive systems. Across multiple
applications, how to improve end-user engagement?

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 00:00:10 +0100
Call for Software & Hardware Companies - Didactic Demos Sessions
:
Madrid, Spain :: May 5 - 8, 2020
:
[...]

Alvin Chin
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 13:50:30 -0600
Dear colleague,

Paper submission has been extended until March 23, 2020.

Please notify others if they are submitting a paper to this conference
about the extended deadline.

Thanks.

Alvin
Publicity Co-chair, IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference 2020-Fall

in Victoria, Canada - deadline March 2, 2020
To: Alvin Chin <[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Khalil IBRAHIMI
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 16:49:00 +0100
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
No Replies
James Devine
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 09:01:31 -0500
FabLearn Europe & MakeEd
COMPUTING, DESIGN, AND MAKING IN EDUCATION

19th June 2020.
Creative Computing Institute, University of the Arts, London, UK

http://www.fablearn.eu
No Replies
Shui Yu
Tue, 3 Mar 2020 00:35:27 +1100
We apology for possible cross posting, and appreciate your support and
distribution.

*--- *

*International Conference on Security and Privacy in Digital Economy
(SPDE2020)*

http://spde2020.csp.escience.cn/

*Scope and Topics of Interest*

We are in the age of digital economy. Information technology has
significantly changed our daily life, including social networks, online
shopping, and so on. The dramatic development of new business applications
demands new technologies to serve the needs. We have seen the unprecedented
progress in artificial intelligence, big data, blockchain, to name a few.

[More ...]
No Replies
Publicity Chair
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 13:31:10 +0100

No Replies
Nour El Houda Nouar
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 13:29:34 +0100
[Apologies for multiple messages]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 12:00:51 +0100
CfP * Extended Deadlines
:
:: HCIHEART 2020
:
Pula, Croatia :: June, 1 - 3, 2020
:
4th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, High Education, Augmented Reality and Technologies ( HCIHEART 2020 )
:
http://www.ainci.com/HCIHEART-2020/conference_HCIHEART_2020.html
:
HCIHEART 2020 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, workshops, doctoral consortium, demo session, research-work-in-progress, poster presentations, etc.
:
The contributions must be submitted following the instructions found on the submission of papers section. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings (in printed book form, CD/DVD/USB pen and magazine) by international and prestigious publishing houses in

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 12:00:04 +0100
CfP * Extended Deadlines
:
[...]

Schneider, Christoph
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 10:12:57 +0000
Call for Papers

HICSS-54 Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) Minitrack: Human-Computer Interaction in the Digital Economy

Building on the success of this year's minitrack we invite HCI scholars to submit their related research papers.

Details:
January 5-8, 2021
Grand Hyatt Kauai
Website: http://hicss.hawaii.edu

** Fast-Tracking opportunities to AIS Transactions on HCI are available for strong research papers. **

As the Internet continues to transform the way we work, learn, and play, the design of user interfaces remains of critical importance. The aim of this mini-track is to provide a forum for HCI researchers to discuss a broad range of issues related to

[More ...]
No Replies
IRDTA
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 10:46:42 +0100
AlCoB 2020: call for posters*To be removed from our mailing list, please respond to this message with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line*
No Replies
Pfleging, B.
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 09:15:45 +0000
Are you interested in HCI for novel environments such as automated vehicles?
At CHI 2020 (Honolulu, HI, USA, April 25-30, 2020) you have the chance to get an introduction to this exciting field of HCI.
The course is held by Bastian Pfleging (Eindhoven University of Technology, NL), Andrew Kun (University of New Hampshire, US), and Orit Shaer (Wellesley College, US).
No Replies
Bogdan Ionescu
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 10:53:32 +0200
[Apologies for multiple postings]

RISS 2020
3rd International Workshop on Research & Innovation for Secure Societies
@ 25th International Conference on Pattern Recognition - ICPR
Milan, Italy, 13-18 September, 2020
http://campus.pub.ro/RISS2020/
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=riss2020

*** Call for papers ***
* Paper submission due: June 15th, 2020
* Acceptance notification: July 15th, 2020
* Camera-ready papers due: July 30th, 2020
* Workshop @ ICPR 2020: September 13th or 18th, 2020

[More ...]
No Replies
Sayan Sarcar
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 16:52:10 +0900
ASSETS 2020: The 22nd International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers
and Accessibility

October 26–28, Athens, Greece

For a web version of this document, see
http://assets20.sigaccess.org/call_for_papers.ht
<http://assets20.sigaccess.org/call_for_papers.html>ml

CALL FOR PAPERS

The ASSETS conference is the premier forum for presenting research on the
design, evaluation, use, and education related to computing for people with
disabilities and older adults. We invite high-quality original submissions
on topics relevant to computing and accessibility.

[More ...]
No Replies
Sanjay Purushotham
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 00:52:43 -0500
[Apologies for multiple copies]
No Replies
Khouloud Boukadi
Sun, 1 Mar 2020 15:56:35 +0100

No Replies
info
Sun, 1 Mar 2020 00:00:21 +0100
Call for Chapters: "Cyber Behaviour in HCI"

Handbook: "Interaction Techniques and Technologies Applicable to Learning and Teaching: Changing Relations between New Media, Users, Contents and Evaluation of Interactive Systems."

Collection: Human-Computer Interaction.

Handbook with high quality color printing (publisher of peer-reviewed).

Blue Herons Editions:

https://www.blueherons.net

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a triple-blind review basis.

[More ...]
No Replies
Maria De Marsico
Sat, 29 Feb 2020 19:26:16 +0100
Apologies for multiple postings
No Replies
Timo Ojala
Sat, 29 Feb 2020 11:48:39 +0000
[apologies for any cross-postings]

UBISS 2020 - 11th International UBI Summer School 2020
Oulu, Finland, June 8-13, 2020
Hosted by Center for Ubiquitous Computing at University of Oulu
Application deadline: March 9, 2020
Credits: 5 ECTS (University of Oulu course code 521154S)
Registration fee: 300 EUR
Accommodation: 35 EUR/day (per person in twin bed room in luxurious villa with sauna)
http://ubicomp.oulu.fi/UBISS2020/

[More ...]
No Replies
info 2020 - ALAIPO & AINCI
Sat, 29 Feb 2020 08:59:58 +0100
:: Call for Demos
:
:: HCIHEART 2020
:
Pula, Croatia :: June, 1 - 3, 2020
:
4th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, High Education, Augmented Reality and Technologies ( HCIHEART 2020 )
:
http://www.ainci.com/HCIHEART-2020/conference_HCIHEART_2020.html
:
HCIHEART 2020 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, workshops, doctoral consortium, demo session, research-work-in-progress, poster presentations, etc.
:
The contributions must be submitted following the instructions found on the submission of papers section. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings (in printed book form, CD/DVD/USB pen and magazine) by international and prestigious publishing houses in

[More ...]
No Replies
abhinav dhall
Sat, 29 Feb 2020 17:33:57 +1100
Call for Challenge participation

Eight Emotion Recognition in the Wild (EmotiW) Challenge
https://sites.google.com/view/emotiw2020

@ ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction 2020, Utretch,
Netherlands
No Replies