Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:31:16 -0800
From:
Tom Moran <[log in to unmask]>

From the installation instructions for CLAW at www.rrsoftware.com
> If you experience problems running Claw programs on Windows NT, you've
> probably run into a bug in GNAT 3.10p1. Windows applications with
> resources do not work with that version. The problem can be worked
> around by running Strip (a GNAT provided program) on the executable
> file. The problem programs will work on Windows 95 without running
> Strip. Warning: Do not run Strip on executables produced by 3.11
> versions of GNAT!!
  Perhaps this solves your problem?
BTW, the "demo" version of Claw is free, and open source, and while not
including all the fancy bells and whistles, it is all by itself a
non-trivial, useful thick binding to Windows.  It really seems a shame
to me (having spent quite a bit of time working on Claw) for a) there to
be multiple re-inventions of the same wheel and b) multiple people
spending a lot of time doing/waiting for those reinventions.  Better to
build on top of one another's work than to attempt each time to start
over.