From:
"Kester, Rush W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:49:55 -0400
Great idea!  Many seniors are only thinking about "beach week."  :-)

You definitely want to come to SIGAda 2000.  It's going to be held Nov.
12-16 at
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab near Laurel, MD.  This year the theme is
to showcase Ada's "Best and Brightest."  The program is being finalized now
FMI see, http://www.acm.org/sigada/conf/sigada2000/  If you check in about
two weeks the list of tutorials and speakers should be available.  The
conference home page also has links for registration "grants" for educators
and student volunteer opportunities.

You also want to visit the Washington, Baltimore, and northern Virginia
areas if you're interested in working in the software industry after your
tour in the Army.
Organizations like NASA, FAA, DoD, NSA, and many other federal agencies
nearby make this a good area for software professionals (all programming
languages & disciplines).  Northern VA is IMO the "hub" of the internet and
home to companies like UUNet, Internic, & AOL.  The area is also home of
many Ada professionals and two SIGAda chapters (DC & Baltimore), see our
links on the conference home page above.

Rush Kester
charter member Team Ada
Pres Balt SIGAda
former Chair DC SIGAda

Software Systems Engineer
AdaSoft at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab.
email:  [log in to unmask]
phone: (240) 228-3030 (live M-F 9:30am-4:30pm, voicemail anytime)
fax:   (240) 228-6779
http://hometown.aol.com/rwkester/myhomepage/index.html