Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 16:39:23 +0000
>john mccabe wrote:

>> There are a number of things we could write about...

>> 1) Dispelling the myths

>No, do not write about negative things; no one would be interested.

I agree that Ada should not be portrayed in a negative manner, but...

>Besides, none of those myths exist anymore.

... the myths certainly still exist, but no longer have any foundation.

>> 2) Provide multi-language examples e.g. "I can do this
>> in C/C++/Java/Assembler,
>> how would I do it in Ada?".

>Yes, write these articles. This is the real problem, the true myth
>to overcome: we can't do things in Ada that we can do in
>Python/C++/Java.

Exactly. But, again IMO, I'd suggest that it would have to be a solution that
is:

1) useful.
2) practical for a user to download and use on his desktop
3) Available as source so that the user can experiment with it and rebuild it
easily.

John