"Team Ada: Ada Programming Language Advocacy (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:05:54 -0400
From:
Roger Racine <[log in to unmask]>
7BIT
I don't know the reason for the restriction, but could hazard a guess.
What you are doing really is constraining a subtype.  Therefore, to make
sure you and all readers know what the constraints are, and don't
mistakenly think that only a subset of the discriminants are fixed for
the subtype, all discriminants must be given.  Again, this is only a
guess.  However, it has been said by many, many people that Ada is a
reader's language, not a writer's language.

Roger