From:
AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:45:17 -0800
On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Hal Hart wrote:

> To be fair, the so-called SIGAda "Ada Awareness Initiative" (AAI), which I
> logistically manage and which is about keeping the Ada flag showing at various
> conferences/shows outside the strictly Ada community, is now almost 100% funded
> by the ARA.

Good point. I did not mean to suggest ARA is doing nothing. They are
doing what they can with limited funds.

> And, Rational is an ARA member, along with ACT, Green Hills Software, Aonix,
> AverStar, OC Systems, and DDC-I.

Also, a good point. My notes about Rational were probably a little
extreme.  However, it is annoying to visit some non-DoD conference
and find that the personnel in the Rational booth are either ignorant
of Ada or regard it as an insignificant issue.  It bothers me when I
find that Rational marketing people insist that Ada is only a military
language and doesn't merit any mention in a non-Military venue.

I'll just keep on doing what I am doing to promote Ada through my
publication and conference activities.  Would it be too much trouble
to ask that those organizations with good Marcom resources help out
by placing articles regarding the success with Ada?  Well, I'm
probably asking too much, yet again.

Richard