From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 05:58:14 -0700
From: Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.

Preliminary SIGAda '99 Workshop Announcement
SIGAda 99, Workshop: How do We Expedite the Commercial Use of Ada?

Chair: Robert C. Leif, Ada_Med, a Division of Newport Instruments

Time: Wednesday, October 20, 7:00 - 10:00 pm

The focus of this Workshop will be on extending the use of Ada into the
commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) domain. The goal of this Workshop is to
determine what should we do to both make Ada the dominant language for COTS
and profit by doing so?

Speakers:

Robert C. Leif, Vice President Ada_Med. “Red Hat, Where the Money Went, a
Case Summary.”

Mike Kamrad, “senior” Engineer Top Layer Networks, Inc. “Developing Data
Communication Software for a Layer 7 Switch in Ada95”

W. Randy Brukardt, Director of Technical Operations R.R. Software, Inc. “To
be announced”.

Michael P. Card, Lockheed Martin OR&SS, “FIRM is Ready” - A Real Time Object
Database.

Steven Blake, Principal Ada Consultant, Aonix. “An ASIS based Tool to
Measure what is in an Ada program”.

Robert C. Leif, Vice President Ada_Med. “How to Commercialize Ada and
 Profit”.

P.S.
In order to achieve a fair balance of views, this Workshop needs a speaker
who will argue for the GNU approach to licensing. Since I will be attending
an Analytical Cytology meeting, I will be unable to answer any
correspondence until Friday 15 October, 1999.