From:
Tony Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:00:34 -0500
I am very glad to hear that somebody is leveraging the good ideas that Java
has pushed forward, but the big flaw I see is there is only one vendor who
is allowing this in Ada.  In Java you have a standard and at least a
handful of provides for IDEs, Webservers, and testing environments.  Plus,
any errors you have you get a ton of interest in solving them since they
likely impact a heap of other Java programs.  It would be nice to have the
same drive to market from the other Ada vendors to push the web technology
if they is to be more than a bonus feature.  Without a wide set of vendors
providing this, it really makes it look like a side project for a few
dedicated individuals instead of a market force being pushed as an Ada
bonus.   Perhaps Rational (the e-development company) would bring new
growth into its Ada market with this technology? (Hint, hint?)

Keep up the good work, and have a good tutorial!

Tony