"Team Ada: Ada Programming Language Advocacy (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:16:17 +0100
From:
Fernando Tricas García <[log in to unmask]>
Many people agree that Pascal is a good starting language. But Pascal
is not a real language: if you want to use it for real proyects you
need tu buy some vendor solution and use his aditions to the language.
Moreover, Pascal is not a easy to learn language (irregularities in
the use of ; and other language constructions. Ada solves these
problems: you can use for starters a subset of the language that will
allow them to grow (and to use more features when needed). The syntax
is very regular. Compiler available for several platforms for free.

I do not think is a good FAQ reply, because it includes Pascal
criticism. But I think Ada is for starters as good as Pascal and has
some advantages.

I'm new in the list. We are using Ada in CS1 and CS2, for computer
science courses.

--
Fernando Tricas