From:
"Doran, Steven" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doran, Steven
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:00:36 -0700
I think it would be great if our discussion about Ada @ LinuxExpo would
stimulate a greater involvement in the Open Source community. Just
imagine, for example, if Samba was written in Ada. There would be hundreds,
if not thousands, of open source programmers scrambling to learn Ada in
order to contribute to the Samba project.

I also think that many cool things could be written between now and
LinuxExpo
if we had a "call to program" in this discussion group. I know I could write
one or two things in that time span. That way, we WOULD have more to offer
than
just GNAT. BTW. Count be in to volunteer if we do have a booth.