From:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:54:24 -0400
[said Stephen]

> What I'm *really* afraid of is what will happen once the semantics of all
> the convenience application development environments (e.g. MS Visual Basic,
> Access, .NET, and also Java/J2EE) will shift sufficiently and companies
> realize that they've built critical applications on a less than sound
> foundation.

Old cynics like me will probably agree that these companies will just
shrug, scrape up some money, and just recode them using whatever tools
are popular at that moment.

The motto of this industry is "We never have time to do it right, but
we always have time to do it over." Always has been, still is.

Mike Feldman