From:
AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 10:11:11 -0700
I am wondering if this problem with ANSI C extends to C++,
Java, and other members of the C family of languages.  Does
Objective C have this problem?  How does this affect C-path
compilers such as those from ICC, Averstar, etc.  Since GNAT
is built on a gcc foundation, does this problem with C have
any affect on programming languages that rely on gcc technology.

It does not matter that C or C++ are still in use during 2038.
There will still be bushels of C/C++ code still in place and
people relying on it.  I recall that, in 1969, many of us did not
take the Y2K problem very seriously,

Richard

Richard Riehle
AdaWorks Software Engineering