From:
Pascal Obry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pascal Obry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:23:13 +0200
(Hope you don't mind to receive this message)

                        A W S - Ada Web Sever
October 9th, 2000.

Dmitriy Anisimkov and I are happy to announce the availability of the
AWS 0.9 release.

AWS stand for Ada Web Server. It is not a real Web Server like Apache. It is
an HTTP component to embedded in any application. AWS is fully developed in
Ada with GNAT.

This new version has a lot of changes:

  - some bugs have been fixed (as always!)
  - server upload is now implemented (see documentation).
  - server can send status 301 (Moved Permanently) with proper redirection.
  - GET/FORM and upload parameters are handled more efficiently.
  - and again, improve the documentation.

At this stage we feel that AWS is ready to build small to medium Web
server. AWS has been reported to work under Windows NT, Linux and FreeBSD 4.1.

With this new version you'll need latest version of the Socket binding
(version 0.1.9 from ENST).

You can download AWS and the Sockets binding for Win32 directly from:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

An online version of the documentation can be found at
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/aws.html.

The OpenSSL libraries distributed are for Windows GNAT 3.13. GNAT 3.12 users
must build the libraries from sources or obtain Win32 binaries from
http://vagul.tripod.com/libssl.zip.

Under UNIX you'll have to build the libraries from sources, it is quite easy
to do so.

See documentation for build information.

Pointers:
---------

AWS documentation:
   http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/aws.html

AWS sources:
   http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Socket binding:

   for Win32:
      http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

   for UNIX:
      http://www.infres.enst.fr/ANC/

POSIX Binding:

   for Win32:
      http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

   for UNIX:
      http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~baker/florist.html

OpenSSL library:

   Sources for UNIX or Win32:
      http://www.openssl.org
      (we have used version OpenSSL version 0.9.5a with AWS v0.6)

   binaries for Win32 with GNAT 3.12:
      http://vagul.tripod.com/libssl.zip

   binaries for Win32 with GNAT 3.13 (and later):
      Included with the main AWS distribution.

Reporting bugs:

You can report bugs to:

   Dmitriy Anisimkov    [log in to unmask]
   Pascal Obry          [log in to unmask]

It would be nice if you could also sent us a note if you are using AWS just
to know if it is used at all or not :)

Dmitriy & Pascal.

--|