From:
"S. Ron Oliver" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S. Ron Oliver
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 08:22:53 -0700
All,

I received the following because I am on an OLD email list for this
conference.  I have not yet attended, but would love to some day.  Rather
doubt I'll make it to Hong Kong, but who knows?

I was not sure how many of you would have received this, or would know
about it from some other context.

One of the things we often talk about is getting Ada-related papers into
conferences that are not specifically Ada conferences.  This one sounds to
me like an ideal venue for much of the work you/we are doing.  After all,
"Reliability Engineering" is best done by choosing good tools (e.g. a
language that supports reliability), etc.  :)

sro

>(We apologize if you received multiple copies of this.)

>***                 CALL FOR PAPERS                  ***
>***                                                  ***
>***          12th International Symposium            ***
>***                       on                         ***
>***        Software Reliability Engineering          ***
>***                  (ISSRE 2001)                    ***
>***            http://www.issre2001.org              ***
>***                                                  ***
>***           Nov. 28 - Dec. 1, Hong Kong            ***
>***                                                  ***
>
>The International Symposium on Software Reliability
>Engineering is the leading symposium for dissemination
>of state-of-the-art software reliability research and
>engineering practice. The 12th edition of ISSRE will be
>held in the New World Renaissance Hotel in Hong Kong,
>and will have as special theme Software Reliability
>Engineering for Internet and E-Commerce.
>
>Hong Kong is a fitting place to focus on software
>reliability engineering aspects of the Internet
>revolution. The city plays a role of singular importance
>as China's chief source for world-class services and
>networks. In addition, Hong Kong continues to act as a
>gateway to many Asian markets. At ISSRE 2001 we bring
>together the major regional and international players,
>for a stimulating exchange of ideas and experiences in
>creating dependable Internet services.
>
>Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
>  . Network system reliability
>  . Internet reliability engineering
>  . Quality of network service
>  . Mobile access availability
>  . Electronic commerce
>  . Mobile systems availability
>  . Software diversity
>  . Practice of reliability modeling
>  . Reliability measurement
>  . Software testing and verification
>  . Software reliability models
>  . Fault-tolerant and robust software
>  . Software architecture reliability
>  . Tools
>  . Software safety
>  . Reliability engineering education
>  . Reliability of distributed systems
>  . Technology transfer
>  . Reliability in software processes
>  . Standards and regulation
>  . Dependable e-services
>  . Measurements, empirical studies
>
>Special technical sessions, panel discussions
>and industry tracks will be committed to all
>facets of reliability engineering in the era
>of Internet and e-commerce.
>
>Submission information
>----------------------
>We solicit regular papers, tutorial proposals,
>panel proposals, industry and practical experience
>reports, fast abstracts and student papers.
>Best ISSRE'2001 papers will be recommended to
>IEEE Transactions on Reliabiilty for publication.
>Student travel awards are available.
>Details can be found on the ISSRE2001 web
>
>site: http://www.issre2001.org.

> [...]

S. Ron Oliver, semi-retired professor of Computer Science and Computer
Engineering.  www.csc.calpoly.edu/~sroliver

caress Corporation is proud to be the U.S. representative for Top Graph'X,
developers of high quality software components, using Ada.  For more
information, check out www.topgraphx.com.

Tired of sucky software! ?  Check out www.caressCorp.com and follow the
links to software sucks and The Oliver Academy.