Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 07:44:54 EDT
[log in to unmask] quoted and then wrote:

R_Conn writes:
> If you can find me an alternative that has all the features and
> functionality
> at the same zero cost and support a more open approach, I'm all ears.
>
> ====================================
> Richard Conn, Principal Investigator
> Reuse Tapestry

I don't know just what features and functionality you require and I
don't know if you're serious about looking at alternatives since
you've already made some effort to choose (and defend!) MSN.

I am unaware of the problem being solved.  I regularly read
the Team Ada Mailing List, Comp.Lang.Ada newsgroup, along
with GNAT and ObjectAda mailing lists.  I know there is an AdaPower
web site, and that sounds good, but I rarely look at it.  I use different
computers for Mailing lists, News groups and web browsing, so there
is no point for me in mailing lists that say "click on this URL".

So I certainly have no objection one way or the other to how people
might organize a new Ada venue.  My main reason for commenting is
to point out any barriers to participation seen from my viewpoint.
I feel no dearth of Ada information, and probably should spend more
time programming and less time communicating :-)

One last point is that I do subscribe to the Walnut Creek CDROM Ada
series.  My local security policy prohibits pulling software from
the Internet.  (No arguments, please, that is the way it is, to the
benefit of Walnut Creek.)

Larry Kilgallen