From:
"Beard, Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 17:11:46 -0500
Just my 0.02 here.  On a previous project, we used renames on packages.
The creator of the package was responsible for coming up with the 3 to 4
character abbreviation of the class (ie. Message_Composite_Class => MCC),
and it was placed in the documentation of the spec.  The user of the class
was only allowed to use that abbreviation, or full path.  That way, every
one quickly learned the acronyms, so that after a short while you didn't
even need to look at the top of the body to see what the acronyms renamed.
If you allow each user to make up their own acronyms for the classes they
are renaming in the top of each package body, you will be constantly going
to see what the acronyms mean.

Frank