From:
Jesse Farmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jesse Farmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 21:53:31 -0500
Actually, although he didn't specifiy it, essentially, what Stephane
Richard was talking about was a sort of high speed database using global
arrays.
While I think you are quite right, that global variable are often not good,
this is a unique application, not really typical of arrays.
And arrays ARE the fastest form of managing lists of data in Ada right?  As
opposed to linked lists (which are faster in C)?
Stephane's application is one where you certainly wouldnt want to be
bothered interfacing to an Access or Oracle database, or a propritary database.

This is probably the best way to do this isn't it?  Via global arrays?

-Jesse Farmer