Call For Papers - Learning Technology Newsletter (ISSN 1438-0625)
publication of IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Learning Technology (TCLT)
* Deadline for submission: March 20, 2004.
Learning Technology Newsletter invites short articles, case studies, and
project reports for special issue on "Learning objects in an e-learning context".
The special issue will be published in Volume 6, Issue 2 (April, 2004).
** The newsletter is of non-refereed nature though the articles will be
selected and edited by the Guest Editor. **
* Special Issue Theme:
"Learning objects in an e-learning context"
With vigorous development of the Internet, e-learning systems have become more
and more popular. Since 1997, ADL's SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference
Model) specifications have been explored in the context of XML-based metadata
with physical files. We invite submissions that are related to the following topics:
- SCORM-compliant Learning object in e-learning context
- SCORM-compliant Learning repository
- Web services for distributed learning repositories
- SCORM-compliant Learning repository with Digital Right Management (DRM)
- Case study on Simple Sequencing Specification
- Learning objects implemented across nations, disciplines, or universities
- SCORM authoring tools for packaging and its evaluation' criteria
- SCORM authoring tools for simple sequencing and its evaluation' criteria
- Ontological support for authoring SCORM-compliant learning material
- Data mining for Simple Sequencing of course
- Adaptive learning vs. Course Sequencing
- What are criteria to evaluate a learning repository?
- Can OCW (Open CourseWare) at MIT be transformed into SCORM-compliant specification for LO reuse?
* Guest Editor:
Prof. David Jin-Tan Yang, National Kaohsiung Normal University, Taiwan
* Submission procedure:
1. The articles in the newsletter are limited to 1000 words. Overlength articles will
not be published.
2. The manuscripts should be either in Word or RTF format. Any figures used in the
contributions would be required separately in a graphic format (gif or jpeg). The
figures should also be embedded in the text at appropriate places.
3. Please send the manuscripts by email as attachment to the guest editor at
[log in to unmask], copied to [log in to unmask] (Subject: Learning Technology
April 2004 Submission).
4. In the email, please state clearly that the manuscript is original material that has
not been published, and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
Associate Professor Kinshuk [log in to unmask]
Director, Advanced Learning Technologies Research Centre http://is-alt.massey.ac.nz/
Chair, IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technology http://lttf.ieee.org/
Information Systems Dept., Massey Univ., Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tel: +64 6 3505799 ext. 2090 Fax: +64 6 3505725 http://infosys.massey.ac.nz/~kinshuk