Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:34:02 -0800
7bit
From:
Tom Moran <[log in to unmask]>
> What I meant was sucky software doesn't cost the vendor
> much because the customer expects it and puts up with it.
   I eagerly await a court judgment against someone for being negligent
by using some popular, buggy, shrink-wrap software.  He won't be able to
turn around and sue the software vendor, since they explicitly promise
nothing, but everyone's lawyer and insurance company will immediately
tell their clients "don't dare use that software".