From:
Tony Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:45:24 -0600
I find it an interesting discussion anyway since the job skills most
valued these days are not even approached in CS education much less
engineering.

  How many schools teach WebSphere/Weblogic/IPlanet?
  How many teach the Rational suite?
  Any offer course work on Struts, JUnit, Spark, AWS, or any other
framework technology?

I spent the last month on these things, and most of our and other
companies job offerings demand these skills coming in amount their
'software engineers'.   There is a huge education gap that the
individual is expected to fill when it all comes down to a tough economy
8).

Tony