Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:13:57 -0700
From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
From: Bob Leif
To: Bob Sutton et al.

The quotation starting "First" is from Wes Groleau. However, I do believe
that he is correct. The present commercial software manufacturers are all
driven by time to market.

As for "So many PC's lack memory error checking.  I can only wonder about
the impact of this upon seeming software reliability." I have installed
error-correcting memory. It has two virtues: 1) It does correct
electronically induced (soft errors) and 2) You know to blame the software
manufacturer. I have no way of measuring soft errors. However, I still have
about one lock-up every two days or so. I might note. I tend to reboot
frequently to avoid lock-ups. Therefore, I do not recommend Windows 98 or
many present software products for mission critical use.